Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Kickstarter Film Threads

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Kickstarter Film Threads

Old 09-23-13, 05:52 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Navinabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 8,939
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kickstarter Film Threads

Are we allowed to post about films that are in the crowd-funding stage? I know we had one on Veronica Mars, but I have not seen any other film funding projects since then.

I'm not talking about smaller short movie productions, but larger full feature films to be released in theaters (or at least on DVD).

Just curious what the rules or restrictions are.
Old 09-23-13, 06:16 PM
  #2  
Admin-MemeCat
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 32,730
Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

Originally Posted by Navinabob View Post
Are we allowed to post about films that are in the crowd-funding stage? I know we had one on Veronica Mars, but I have not seen any other film funding projects since then.

I'm not talking about smaller short movie productions, but larger full feature films to be released in theaters (or at least on DVD).

Just curious what the rules or restrictions are.
Are we talking about raising money for these films, or just discussing them on their merits?
Old 09-23-13, 06:28 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Navinabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 8,939
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

Originally Posted by VinVega View Post
Are we talking about raising money for these films, or just discussing them on their merits?
replying in PM.
Old 09-23-13, 06:30 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 34,449
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

I would think it would be fine to discuss a Kickstarter project just as long as it wasn't YOUR Kickstarter project.
Old 09-23-13, 07:24 PM
  #5  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 71,037
Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

In Video Game Talk we have an ongoing thread for Kickstarter projects, with more notable projects getting their own thread. I think a similar approach would work in Movie Talk.
Old 09-23-13, 08:45 PM
  #6  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 31,099
Likes: 0
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

We've had ones for major Kickstarters like Veronica Mars, Zach Braff, and Spike Lee.
Old 09-23-13, 09:26 PM
  #7  
Admin-MemeCat
 
VinVega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Caught between the moon and NYC
Posts: 32,730
Received 113 Likes on 68 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
In Video Game Talk we have an ongoing thread for Kickstarter projects, with more notable projects getting their own thread. I think a similar approach would work in Movie Talk.
Originally Posted by dex14
We've had ones for major Kickstarters like Veronica Mars, Zach Braff, and Spike Lee.
Navinabob, if this is already an existing practice, I think it will be ok. dex14, please see Groucho's suggestion about wrapping the projects into one thread IF you guys think it's necessary.
Old 09-24-13, 07:18 AM
  #8  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 31,099
Likes: 0
Received 302 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

I think if it becomes a bigger practice then yea that would be a good idea. But usually only notable projects ARE being given their own threads. Nobody is really talking about smaller projects.

I just remembered there was one for Uwe Boll too.
Old 12-29-13, 12:37 AM
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 3,323
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

This looks ten times better than anything Michael Bay released in the past decade.


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/72RqpItxd8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
Old 12-29-13, 02:47 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hero
 
TomOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 34,449
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Re: Kickstarter Film Threads

Originally Posted by PenguinJoe View Post
This looks ten times better than anything Michael Bay released in the past decade.


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/72RqpItxd8M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kungfury/kung-fury
This thread is in Feedback. The discussion isn't for specific projects, just about Kickstarter threads in general.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.