DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   What happened to a recent thread in Movie Talk? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/611366-what-happened-recent-thread-movie-talk.html)

JumpCutz 06-14-13 12:22 AM

What happened to a recent thread in Movie Talk?

I believe DJariya started a thread today asking if forum members only liked small budget independent films or something akin to that. I posted in the thread as did several other forum members.

It was generating some interesting discussion, and it seems to have disappeared?

Can a mod or anyone else explain what happened?

Thanks!

JumpCutz 06-14-13 01:35 AM

Re: What happened to a recent thread in Movie Talk?

My understanding is OP's can't delete their own threads (unless that rule had been amended).
Perhaps the thread in question wasn't heading in the direction in which the OP intended. :lol:

So I surmise OP contacted an Admin/Mod and had the thread in question removed? -wink-

Puzzling. :)

DJariya 06-14-13 01:51 AM

It was a really stupid thread and question. I had it removed. End of story.

JumpCutz 06-14-13 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11730864)

Got It. :thumbsup:

Trevor 06-14-13 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 11730864)

I never saw the thread, but I'll echo my standard request in these situations.

Nothing should be deleted. Just because you didn't like doesn't mean others didn't. The OP should have no more rights over a thread than anyone else.

JumpCutz 06-14-13 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 11731557)

Nothing should be deleted. Just because you didn't like doesn't mean others didn't. The OP should have no more rights over a thread than anyone else.

:thumbsup:

I agree 100%. If someone starts a thread they shouldn't be able to delete it. Or request it should be deleted. It was an interesting thread and was engendering some good discussion.

Pizza 06-14-13 03:59 PM

I posted in someone's thread last year and they had a fit and had it deleted. (I was the only one who posted in it.) The were posting a DVD sale in Toronto so I posted how much I love Toronto. It really ticked them off for some reason. Personally, I don't blame them for wanting to delete the thread because it made them look rude. But they probably think the same of me for posting in their thread.

With that, they were the OP and I'm fine with OPs requesting to delete their own threads. It's just a thread and not the Constitution of the United States. Sometimes I think you guys make too big of a deal out of this stuff.

MrSmearkase 06-14-13 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 11731557)

Absolutely agree, and it is a shame that we allow that here.