DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   DVD Burning Software Giveaway? Change of Policy? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/597536-dvd-burning-software-giveaway-change-policy.html)

Imprint 12-23-11 10:41 AM

DVD Burning Software Giveaway? Change of Policy?

I'm just curious, since DVDTalk is having a giveaway for DVD ripping software, has there been a change in the policy strictly banning discussion of such software? The post about the giveaway on the front page says "As holiday season is drawing near, a great number of movies are coming out. Would it be wonderful if you could make a backup of these movies for safe storage, later burning, playing?" If a user posted that in Tech Talk, the thread would get closed and the user suspended or banned. Anyway, I just find it interesting.

Cardsfan111 12-23-11 10:44 AM

Re: DVD Burning Software Giveaway? Change of Policy?

Entered. Thanks! :up:

Ranger 12-23-11 12:54 PM

DVD Talk Giveaway: WinX DVD Copy Pro
http://www.dvdtalk.com/contests/view...-dvd-copy-pro/
Ah, doesn't rip blu-rays.

Shannon Nutt 12-23-11 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Imprint (Post 11053111)
If a user posted that in Tech Talk, the thread would get closed and the user suspended or banned. Anyway, I just find it interesting.

Yep, under G.K.'s old rules, the studios weren't very happy about such discussions - and since the studios provide DVD Talk with screeners, all such talk was frowned upon. I don't think Internet Brands worries as much, nor do I know what the studio screener situation is like anymore, since I've been banned myself from reviewing on DVD Talk. :)

Deftones 12-23-11 04:22 PM

I just saw it and was coming here to post how ironic the giveaway is. Don't talk about it on our forums, but here's some software to help you do it! :lol:

The Cow 12-23-11 04:31 PM

Since today is Festivus, I think this shall be included in the airing of grievances!

I gotta lot of problems with IB! :lol:

Norm de Plume 12-23-11 05:50 PM

Just use IMGBurn.;)

Tarantino 12-23-11 10:12 PM

First thing I thought of too. Every time someone asks about it they get cut off and banned.

:lol:

Heat 12-24-11 12:25 AM

I downloaded the free version and have what is probably a stupid question, but how do I tell if I have a DVD burner? I can't remember the specs from when I bought it.

And a thumbs up to the loosening of rules on the talk of ripping DVDs.

Tarantino 12-24-11 01:09 AM

What a fucking joke.

shadowhawk2020 12-24-11 08:38 AM

It's odd because it isn't an ad. It is a contest. Ah well Danny coporate policies and thief profitable loopholes.

Deftones 12-24-11 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tarantino (Post 11053898)

Agreed. It's not an ad. It's a giveaway directly from the site. Completely unprofessional for the site and management to say one thing and do something completely different.

BuddhaWake 12-24-11 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino (Post 11053898)

fucking hilarious. best laugh I've had all week. sorry it was on your account.

Tarantino 12-24-11 12:30 PM

:lol: glad I could help.

X 12-24-11 12:49 PM

Contrary to the impression the advertising campaign may have created, IB has not advised a change in the site's policy toward discussions of copyright infringement and violations of the DMCA. I'll certainly let you know if they do.