DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   How do you ignore a thread or forum? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/546736-how-do-you-ignore-thread-forum.html)

DarthVong 12-30-08 01:56 AM

How do you ignore a thread or forum?

I can see where my Ignore Manager is in my User CP, but I cannot figure out how to add a forum or thread to the ignore list.

FinkPish 12-30-08 02:41 AM

Isn't it pretty easy to just avoid going into certain threads and forums?

DarthVong 12-30-08 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by FinkPish (Post 9162948)

Yes. I was just interested in how to do it since I can't figure it out.

JohnSlider 12-30-08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by FinkPish (Post 9162948)

Right now it is, but in the past 24 hours there have been three or four public social group forums created. (one of which is 'Blu-ray Owners Club', which I don't understand why that needed a forum...). I may need a Premium account just to block these monstrosities! Die by the sword.

starman9000 12-30-08 09:58 AM

Yeah, we need to be able to block those, or move them to a sub-forum sub-forum that is out of the way.

DarthVong 12-30-08 10:33 AM

I think the some of the groups are just intended to be a listing of members. I created the ps3 group not with the intent on creating an actual forum, but just a place where someone can see who here owns a ps3.

McHawkson 12-30-08 10:36 AM

I thought I'm on everybody's Ignore List. :shrug:

Ocelot 12-30-08 12:08 PM

Do what i do, just ignore the thread/forum by not clicking on them... And yes, i have the tendency to be on everyone's ignore list as well. I guess soon i don't have to ignore anything, since i'll be ignored by everyone :)

starman9000 12-30-08 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ocelot (Post 9163685)
Do what i do, just ignore the thread/forum by not clicking on them... And yes, i have the tendency to be on everyone's ignore list as well. I guess soon i don't have to ignore anything, since i'll be ignored by everyone :)

Ignoring them is fine, but they are in an obtrusive area now. You have to scroll down to get to the Bargains in the bargains forum, and that is a pain (even with only 4 added at this point). I'm guessing IB didn't realize this was something that could be done.

DarthVong 12-30-08 12:23 PM

according to the ignore manager you can choose to have ignored forum/threads not even appear while browsing. I just can't figure how to ignore them.

Ocelot 12-30-08 01:15 PM

^^^ good points, never really consider them... come to think of it, i've to scroll down every single time! Which is a huge waste of time considering i'm the complainer for the lack of the eject button on the remote for the Xbox 360's hd-dvd add-on.

Well, i'll be monitoring this thread, maybe there's a solution for better browsing of the site :)