DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Why was my trade thread closed? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/538578-why-my-trade-thread-closed.html)

OldBoy 08-27-08 10:59 PM

Why was my trade thread closed?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=538523

was it bc people mentioned something about eBay?

if not, please let me know so i don't duplicate a mistake. thanks.

Seantn 08-27-08 11:15 PM

You talked about guns, DIDN'T YOU!!?!

OldBoy 08-27-08 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Seantn (Post 8900545)
You talked about guns, DIDN'T YOU!!?!

huh?

X 08-27-08 11:42 PM

An email to the moderator of the forum is the best way to get an answer for a question like this.

Trevor 08-28-08 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by X (Post 8900585)
An email to the moderator of the forum is the best way to get an answer for a question like this.

But Scott must post five question threads a day. It's like a law or something. :)

Mao 08-28-08 07:41 AM

scott1598,

Yes, I had several members report your thread in connection with ebay.

OldBoy 08-28-08 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mao (Post 8900837)
scott1598,

Yes, I had several members report your thread in connection with ebay.

but, it wasn't my connection. other members mentioned it, but i had nothing to do with it. couldn't those posts just have been deleted? no biggie, just wondering. as it would seem i had done something wrong.

chrisih8u 08-28-08 10:15 AM

So mentioning ebay is cause for closing threads? That's lame. The rule says:

Promoting links to and Ebay auction or other auction site (this is considered advertising)

I dont see an ebay link in his thread.

Cardsfan111 08-28-08 10:34 AM

^ Of course there wasn't a direct link, but instead a post indicating "That super rare item you're looking for is on ebay...good luck" - there might as well have been a link put in....

But, as Scott mentioned, the questionable post should have been deleted rather than the thread locked without an explanation.

Trevor 08-28-08 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 8901216)
But, as Scott mentioned, the questionable post should have been deleted rather than the thread locked without an explanation.

Exactly. I've always wondered why someone else can close another's perfectly legal (and even helpful, popular, and/or long-standing in some cases) thread by making one bad post.

Just delete/edit the improper content and warn/ban the offender. Don't punish the innocent.

And I hate to start on the whole "without explanation" thing again. A big pet peeve of mine. There should always be an explanation posted imho.

Please forgive me for speaking my mind Mao. I don't know all the particulars of how things work and perhaps the mods were justified. Just seems wrong to me.

Shannon Nutt 08-28-08 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by chrisih8u (Post 8901171)
So mentioning ebay is cause for closing threads?

Time to lock this one. ;)

Seantn 08-28-08 01:04 PM

I agree with Scot. He did nothing wrong.

And it's true -- people have mentioned eBay in this thread. Better lock it!

Numanoid 08-28-08 05:20 PM

Wow, what an incredibly lame closing.

The Cow 08-28-08 05:30 PM

Perhaps it is because you already made 2 other threads with the same topic. That would be my guess.

Looking for: "The Little Mermaid" SteelBook.

Looking for: "The Little Mermaid" SteelBook...will give soul!

Seantn 08-28-08 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 8902214)
Perhaps it is because you already made 2 other threads with the same topic. That would be my guess.

That's a legit reason to close it, but the eBay excuse mentioned by the mod is pretty crappy.

OldBoy 08-28-08 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow (Post 8902214)

i think as long as they are pushed to another page it is ok. i think it is better than multiple bumps, especially since i had a new offer. but, either way it's no big deal. but thanks for the stick ups people.

EdTheRipper 08-28-08 07:42 PM

The eBay thing was reported by me solely because the poster who mentioned that it was available on eBay was the person who was trying to sell it on eBay. The whole thing looked like a scam to try to seperate scott1598 from his money so I reported it.

X 08-28-08 07:57 PM

Your opinions have been noted.