DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Name Change (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/530895-name-change.html)

lotsofdvds 05-05-08 12:07 PM

Name Change

Now that I am no longer on staff and do not represent DVD Talk, can I get my name changed? That seemed to be the reason before.

Anyway, if it could just simply be changed to "Chuck", I'd appreciate it. And I'll leave the "Formerly known as..." in my Location for as long as necessary.

X 05-05-08 12:18 PM

Please read our name change policy that has been in effect for many years now.

NAME CHANGES
Our Name Change Policy:
As a result of an increased volume in name change requests and the inherent confusion caused by name changes, we're going to be putting some restrictions on name change requests from now on.

Name changes are fine (as long as they aren't too frequent) up until you reach the 1,000 post mark. At that point, you have likely become fairly well known in the forums you regularly participate in, and requests will then be considered on a case by case basis.

ie: We can understand that a name like 'MasterBaiter" might have been funny at one time, but may no longer be how you want to be seen on the forum. However, if you're a regular poster, going from "Chasing Amy" to "Run Lola Run" won't be an option anymore. So it's not a complete end to changes, but because of the confusion these things cause, you'll need to give us a good reason before we make a change from now on.

Changes that are mostly cosmetic (case, spacing) will still be allowed

Also, any major name change will now require that you put "formerly known as [old name]" in your Location field for two weeks.

I realize that this might be a little upsetting to some, but please try to understand that with as many active members as we have, it's already hard enough to keep track of who said what in the past. Throwing name changes into the mix just makes it next to impossible.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=194140

Being on the staff was not the previous reason you couldn't get a name change. Your post count was.

As much as it would be nice to accommodate you, the resulting uproar when there is any inconsistency in the enforcement of policies and/or rules causes us to not want to make exceptions.

Perhaps if it were something very close to your current name so there would be no confusion?

Kittydreamer 05-06-08 01:26 PM

Maybe something like lotsofchuckdvds?

Yakuza Bengoshi 05-06-08 01:33 PM

How about chuckloadofdvds?

nateman 05-06-08 01:55 PM

How about lotsofblurays?

Off-topic, but what happened to your avatar? Do they not let you have one after not being a reviewer anymore? I think they should at least let you have the avatar option for being a contributor to DVD Talk. I don't usually like when curtain members of a forum get "special" treatment, but I think your contributions warrant an avatar at the very least.

I don't think you'll have very much luck getting your user name changed, however. The rules are the rules and I think the no name change after 1,000 posts policy is strongly put in place. I got the 241 taken out of nateman and that's as far as I got. X said I have a very slight chance of changing my name to snateman, but I haven't looked into that yet. I'd love to get my user name changed to thepegsdave or daveman, but I doubt that'll happen for a long, long time, if ever.

Yakuza Bengoshi 05-06-08 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by nateman
I got the 241 taken out of nateman and that's as far as I got. X said I have a very slight chance of changing my name to snateman, but I haven't looked into that yet. I'd love to get my user name changed to thepegsdave or daveman, but I doubt that'll happen for a long, long time, if ever.

Maybe you're aiming too high. Try requesting one letter change at a time. First to naveman, then to daveman.

Sweet Baby James 05-06-08 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yakuza Bengoshi
Maybe you're aiming too high. Try requesting one letter change at a time. First to naveman, then to daveman.

This reminds me, I need to renew my Dell Crossword subscription.

DVD Josh 05-06-08 03:24 PM

I can't believe you stopped being a reviewer just because you didn't agree with DVD Talk's name change policy.

Bandoman 05-06-08 03:56 PM

You all know where I stand on this issue.

Kittydreamer 05-06-08 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
You all know where I stand on this issue.

Enormous Genitals :lol:

lotsofdvds 05-07-08 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I can't believe you stopped being a reviewer just because you didn't agree with DVD Talk's name change policy.

Plus I had the foresight to stop reviewing a year before the fighting started!

Seriously, I hadn't reviewed a DVD for over a year. And I stopped checking the video game queue because it seemed like there was never anything available. So I was purged from the list. Just a coincidence that it happened when I started speaking up about the stuff going on here, that's all.

lotsofdvds 05-07-08 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by nateman
How about lotsofblurays?

Off-topic, but what happened to your avatar? Do they not let you have one after not being a reviewer anymore? I think they should at least let you have the avatar option for being a contributor to DVD Talk. I don't usually like when curtain members of a forum get "special" treatment, but I think your contributions warrant an avatar at the very least.

Yeah I wish the avatar thing was something you could keep. Hell, I wish we could all have them. Avatars are great in forums.

The Infidel 05-07-08 11:52 AM

I have a request. Could I get the underscore taken out of mine?

nateman 05-07-08 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by TheInfidel
I have a request. Could I get the underscore taken out of mine?

:lol: rotfl rotfl done...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/...75fb24.jpg?v=0

The Infidel 05-08-08 12:19 AM

Uh, I still wanted the space. I apologize for not elaborating on something that I thought would have been fairly obvious.

The Infidel 05-08-08 10:31 AM

Thank you.

Bandoman 05-08-08 01:50 PM

They should have changed your name to Drink-Man. :lol:

nateman 05-08-08 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Uh, I still wanted the space. I apologize for not elaborating on something that I thought would have been fairly obvious.

Sorry, sir. :lol:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2202/...51a313.jpg?v=0

The Infidel 05-09-08 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bandoman
They should have changed your name to Drink-Man. :lol:

Yeah, wouldn't that be a hoot-n-a-holler. :sarcasm:

fumanstan 05-09-08 10:23 AM

Can I have capital letters put in mine? Like FuManStan?

wishbone 06-03-08 08:42 AM

Mods, I think I am ready for the plunge -- can I have my username changed to wishbone? I do not see any search returns on this username so if it is available and you can make the change I would appreciate it.

Thank you. :)

Groucho 06-03-08 08:50 AM

Finally, the confusion will end between you and wishbon1 and wishbon2!

chuckd21 06-03-08 09:45 AM

He finally caved to Minor Threat's taunt.

mkdevo 06-03-08 11:00 AM

might i suggest wishbo<3?