DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   User name change (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/525049-user-name-change.html)

islandclaws 02-14-08 02:15 PM

Ok, I just realized this went through. I'm cracking up right now. Even better is the disclaimer to the side of my posts. Thank you, mods! Made my dreary day that much better.

dick_grayson 02-14-08 02:23 PM

I guess I'd like to go back to penis_grayson, then.

vman69 02-14-08 02:32 PM

:bow: To the mods,I'd love to change mine to vmanu2.

Groucho 02-14-08 02:33 PM

Tired of being confused with vman1 through vman68?

vman69 02-14-08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Tired of being confused with vman1 through vman68?

YES!! :lol:

amplified 02-14-08 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Ok, I just realized this went through. I'm cracking up right now. Even better is the disclaimer to the side of my posts. Thank you, mods! Made my dreary day that much better.

Congrats :D

But.... I don't think the Mods will let you change your name once you become tired of consuming human flesh ;)

Good luck with that :)

lotsofdvds 02-14-08 03:08 PM

I have sent PMs for about a year now attempting to get my name changed simply to "Chuck", since "lotsofdvds" no longer applies. So now I'll try this route since my PMs didn't land where they needed to.

Can a mod/admin/owner person change my username to Chuck... please?

fumanstan 02-14-08 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal

Just wait until all your threads are littered with posts asking "Are you sure its not because you eat people?"

X 02-14-08 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I have sent PMs for about a year now attempting to get my name changed simply to "Chuck", since "lotsofdvds" no longer applies. So now I'll try this route since my PMs didn't land where they needed to.

You have over 1000 posts and the name change isn't just a simple modification of your existing name. Therefore, according to our rules, no name change.

fumanstan 02-14-08 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds

I guess the option is to change your name to something else you have lots of.

amplified 02-14-08 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I guess the option is to change your name to something else you have lots of.

How about lotsofhair? Wait... you aren't bald are you? How about lotsofskin? ;)

The Cow 02-14-08 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by X
You have over 1000 posts and the name change isn't just a simple modification of your existing name. Therefore, according to our rules, no name change.

And the OP is well over 1000, so why is this thread still open?

argh923 02-15-08 02:10 AM

Exactly.

Heaven forbid we let people change their user names, though. What a cardinal sin. But I guess since one person who used to smoke weed doesn't want to be associated with that, it's okay for him.

eedoon 02-15-08 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by X

but... but... I want to change my user name to gkleinman... or may be X! :sad:

;)

Bill Geiger 02-15-08 08:04 AM

I am still stuck without Bill G. You mother.... :)

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 02-15-08 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Exactly.

Heaven forbid we let people change their user names, though. What a cardinal sin. But I guess since one person who used to smoke weed doesn't want to be associated with that, it's okay for him.

I think it's because it was a name associated with an illegal act. So it had to be changed to something allowed under the law, like cannibalism.

X 02-15-08 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
I am still stuck without Bill G. You mother.... :)

The mods and admins have been doing quite a bit of work for you lately and you should know what I am talking about. With respect to what has been causing that work you may have a case for changing your name. But being human we also tend to react to the way people "ask" things of us and you're not getting a good reaction at the moment.

As for why KillerCannabis got a name change to KillerCannibal, is there any confusion as to who he used to be even without the notation in his location (which will be there for at least a month)? Three letters at the end of his name were changed, not even a whole syllable out of a five syllable name. That's the major reason why he was given a change to that name and not to any others that were proposed. And sometimes when someone's name becomes more commented on than their posts we like to help them out, as with Mrs.Nesbit.