DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Something missing? (Re: Threads I've already posted in) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/512190-something-missing-re-threads-ive-already-posted.html)

calhoun07 09-17-07 07:07 PM

Something missing? (Re: Threads I've already posted in)

It seems to me that threads I already posted in aren't marked in a different way. Aren't they supposed to have a black dot on the envelope or something?

I just recently downloaded the latest updates for Firefox...could that be messing with the forum at all? However, I visit other message boards that use this same software with no problems.

mkdevo 09-18-07 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by calhoun07
It seems to me that threads I already posted in aren't marked in a different way. Aren't they supposed to have a black dot on the envelope or something?

I just recently downloaded the latest updates for Firefox...could that be messing with the forum at all? However, I visit other message boards that use this same software with no problems.

it's an optional vBulletin feature that i don't believe has ever been on here. it adds quite a load on the server, and with the size of DVDTalk, it's not really practical.

Trevor 09-18-07 09:34 AM

No, I think you're thinking about something else mkdevo, there has been something funky lately.

Threads are showing as having new posts for me, even though I had just been in that thread, or even been the last poster. This shows even after exiting the forum and coming back in, though I haven't tried logging in and out.

No big deal really, but there is definitely something amiss.

mkdevo 09-18-07 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
No, I think you're thinking about something else mkdevo, there has been something funky lately.

Threads are showing as having new posts for me, even though I had just been in that thread, or even been the last poster. This shows even after exiting the forum and coming back in, though I haven't tried logging in and out.

No big deal really, but there is definitely something amiss.

i'm thinking of the black dot on the envelope, which is what calhoun said (which has never been here).

but i see what you're saying. come to think of it, i was having a problem yesterday with threads showing/not showing new posts (with the down arrow 'go to first new post' image).

calhoun07 09-18-07 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by mkdevo
i'm thinking of the black dot on the envelope, which is what calhoun said (which has never been here).

but i see what you're saying. come to think of it, i was having a problem yesterday with threads showing/not showing new posts (with the down arrow 'go to first new post' image).

Well, another site I go to has the black dot, but I am sure there was something here that marked threads you already posted in. Maybe it's the thing that's amiss that you guys are talking about and I am just unable to pin down exactly what I am missing. It's like you see it all the time when it's right and you never notice it but when it's gone or wrong then you see something is not quite right.