DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Please, no more McDonald's banner (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/501331-please-no-more-mcdonalds-banner.html)

Noonan 05-22-07 02:58 PM

Please, no more McDonald's banner

That banner has been on every forum I go to for at least a week. For the love of God, please change it. I can't take it anymore.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 05-22-07 03:52 PM

it's not as bad as the HD-DVD matrix ad that pulls down and activates and won't let me click anything on the forum

porieux 05-22-07 05:29 PM

Yeah it's pretty insulting to offer someone a 'career' at McDonalds.

GeoffK 05-22-07 06:21 PM

I'd love for it to go away, it's coming via our google ad network ads.

The Bus 05-22-07 06:27 PM

Well you might not like it, but I took advantage of it. See you in my McMansion, suckers!

Mopower 05-22-07 10:20 PM

But a long hours dead end fast food job = POTENTIAL! Now live up to it!

Bacon 05-23-07 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Well you might not like it, but I took advantage of it. See you in my McMansion, suckers!

http://www.gazzola.us/MTP/Images/owners.jpg

MovieExchange 05-23-07 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by porieux
Yeah it's pretty insulting to offer someone a 'career' at McDonalds.

If you make it to management level, it becomes a damn good-paying job from what I've heard.

Of course you should see what people have to go through to make management... weeks up on weeks of classes, memorizing cooking temps for every type of food, dressing up as Hamburgler while someone dressed in a Ronald McDonald outfit comes up to you and... nevermind... the gag order prohibits me from saying anymore.

cpgator 05-23-07 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
it's not as bad as the HD-DVD matrix ad that pulls down and activates and won't let me click anything on the forum

Apparently you don't know how to control the matrix.

Jimmy James 05-23-07 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk

I most certainly agree with this. I hate that ad.

NCMojo 05-23-07 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by gkleinman
I'd love for it to go away, it's coming via our google ad network ads.

So Geoff, you're OK with loud, obnoxious flash ads like the HD ad or the one for The Matrix... but the McDonald's ad is the one you hate???

Minor Threat 05-24-07 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus

Now THAT shit is funny.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::up:

Josh H 05-24-07 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by NCMojo
So Geoff, you're OK with loud, obnoxious flash ads like the HD ad or the one for The Matrix... but the McDonald's ad is the one you hate???

Those probably pay MUCH more than the random google network ads. ;)

Red Dog 05-24-07 04:19 PM

I vote for no more Matrix banner ads that expand when you roll over them. The movie sucked. The banner ads suck even harder.

GoldenJCJ 05-24-07 04:46 PM

After all those HD sound ads that we had a few weeks back, I must have learned to subconsciously scroll my mouse around the ads now. I've never activated the Matrix ad and until now never even noticed it.

The McDonald's Ad as a whole doesn't bother me much but that lady's shit-eating grin in the ad does get on my nerves.

ChiTownAbs, Inc 05-26-07 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I vote for no more Matrix banner ads that expand when you roll over them. The movie sucked. The banner ads suck even harder.

I don't think you even have to roll over them ... if you are lucky to get one, it just locks up your browser for 5-10 seconds. :down: