DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Kleinman.com domain expired? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/478903-kleinman-com-domain-expired.html)

Tracer Bullet 09-27-06 08:42 AM

Kleinman.com domain expired?

Is anyone else not getting any ads or buttons? I get a Network Solutions webpage (which says the domain has expired) in place of the ads, and the buttons are just gone. I'm not blocking anything from ads.kleinman.com.

Brian Shannon 09-27-06 09:16 AM

No buttons for me either, most annoying

mkdevo 09-27-06 09:30 AM

i'm seeing buttons fine (probably cached), but all the ads are the network solutions thingy..

GIjon213 09-27-06 09:36 AM

Yes, I am seeing the same adds, and a whole bunch of x's for me too.

Canis Firebrand 09-27-06 09:45 AM

Phew.. I thought it was on my end. The forum looks all wonky with no images or buttons.

Blake 09-27-06 09:50 AM

This domain name expired on 09/20/2006 and is pending renewal or deletion.
And seriously...who registers through Network Solutions? Aren't they still at $35/year?

pilot 09-27-06 10:05 AM

i fixed all the buttons, temporarily ...geoff has a bigger issue though.

wendersfan 09-27-06 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by pilot
i fixed all the buttons.

You rock.

ChrisHicks 09-27-06 10:11 AM

I still don't have any buttons.

pilot 09-27-06 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
I still don't have any buttons.

all buttons and banners come from ads.kleinman.com
since kleinman.com is 'broken' .. they're not coming from there anymore

they're now coming from ads.dvdtalk.com

some of you with different programs which may ban/block banners will have to temporarily reconfigure your programs to allow ads.dvdtalk.com for the time being..

Tracer Bullet 09-27-06 10:19 AM

i fixed all the buttons, temporarily ...geoff has a bigger issue though.

Thanks!

ChrisHicks 09-27-06 10:23 AM

all buttons and banners come from ads.kleinman.com
since kleinman.com is 'broken' .. they're not coming from there anymore

they're now coming from ads.dvdtalk.com

some of you with different programs which may ban/block banners will have to temporarily reconfigure your programs to allow ads.dvdtalk.com for the time being..

thank you. that fixed the problem. :up:

GeoffK 09-27-06 10:47 AM

UGH! Never got a renewal from Netsol. So they just expired the domain. Fun Fun Fun.

Should be in the process of getting fixed.
- G

pilot 09-27-06 10:58 AM

buttons are moved back to ads.kleinman.com

so some of you may have to fix your stuff again as well as wait for the dns change to be fixed.

Bronkster 09-27-06 10:59 AM

Hey, I like this a lot more than Jesus Camp! :banana:

Cameron 09-27-06 11:49 AM

ummm how do i fix it

Tracer Bullet 09-27-06 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
ummm how do i fix it

It probably won't be fixed for at least a day. I'm not sure why the buttons were moved back to ads.kleinman.com so quickly. Oh well, it was nice for the hour it lasted.

ukywyldcat 09-27-06 12:51 PM

Help with DVDTalk Website...

Yesterday, when I logged into DVD Talk, everything displayed properly. However, today, all the buttons show up as broken links, you know, the box with the little "x" in them.

I used to know what to fix when this happened, but its been so long I have forgotten how to fix it within the settings. My wife has used the computer since yesterday, and I'm confident she mucked up my settings.

Please help, its annoying to look at this mess.

Thanks in advance,

ukywyldcat

pilot 09-27-06 01:26 PM

the domain for the ads & bottons got messed up .. now it's fixed but it may take upwards of 24 hours to fix itself...

Tracer Bullet 09-27-06 02:01 PM

the domain for the ads & bottons got messed up .. now it's fixed but it may take upwards of 24 hours to fix itself...

My point though is that would it hurt anything to leave the buttons up on ads.dvdtalk.com until this issue is resolved? It's kind of annoying.

Chrisedge 09-27-06 03:05 PM

I'd still like to know why you use Network Solutions? lol

zuffy 09-27-06 03:53 PM

I see a Network Solutions ad banner :lol:

pilot 09-27-06 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
My point though is that would it hurt anything to leave the buttons up on ads.dvdtalk.com until this issue is resolved? It's kind of annoying.

I guess not, but..it's not my call ..and it should be fixed for most people..

Michael Ballack 09-27-06 04:48 PM

I'm getting the kleinman expired thing as well with the missing buttons. I'm using mozilla but with no other blockers on. Good news is that I'm no longer getting any Jesus Camp ads. :lol:

Michael Ballack 09-27-06 05:01 PM

It's fixed and the Jesus Camps ads are back too rotfl