Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Why don't DVDTalk reviews show up at www.imdb.com?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under "external reviews" for any given movie there are normally 70 to 90 or so external reviews, but never DVDTalk. I normally go there because I want to see what Roger Ebert says, but I also like to get other's opinions.

Any chance of having links added to external reviews at IMDB that direct people to DVDTalk? Would save me some time and would add exposure for DVDTalk...
Old 03-24-05, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Dunno what's involved in getting there. We show up sometimes, or at least we used to.

If you're strictly looking for offsite links, though, I'd ditch the IMDb and try something like www.mrqe.com
Old 03-24-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I may be wrong, but I thought you had to actually physically submit a review to the IMDB for the link to appear. That is, I don't think they have staff scanning the Web, looking for content to add.

If no one submits the link, no link is included.
Old 03-24-05, 09:28 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian is right. The first 100 or so of my reviews are linked from IMDB because I submitted them. I haven't taken the time to link any after that.
Old 03-27-05, 04:29 PM
Emeritus Reviewer

I wondered about that. I know Rotten Tomatoes had a bunch of my reviews linked (I never submitted them) as well as MRQE (ditto) but the IMDB has always been so full of weak comments (in the body of the titles) that I never thought about the external review links. Maybe we can pile up on Adam to do that too (kidding buddy)...
Old 03-28-05, 08:54 PM
DVDTalk Reviewer Emeritus - Founder of DVD Stalk

Originally Posted by Houstondon
I wondered about that. I know Rotten Tomatoes had a bunch of my reviews linked (I never submitted them) as well as MRQE (ditto) but the IMDB has always been so full of weak comments (in the body of the titles) that I never thought about the external review links. Maybe we can pile up on Adam to do that too (kidding buddy)...
Yup, you guys are exactly right. IMDB doesn't have a staff scouring the net for reviews like Rotten Tomatoes and MRQE. Everything has to be submitted. It's become part of the process for me, now that a review has been posted, to add a link to the External Reviews part of IMDB. Only takes a few seconds, and has certainly contributed quite a number of hits for my reviews. A bit of a hassle, but probably worth the effort, in my opinion.