DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   If you use the report this post to moderator thong.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/376829-if-you-use-report-post-moderator-thong.html)

Deftones 07-26-04 10:14 PM

If you use the report this post to moderator thing....

but the person deletes it after you sent the post to a moderator, does it still show what was posted?

GeoffK 07-26-04 11:12 PM

no. So if it's really bad quote it in the report (ie cut/paste)

Tarantino 07-26-04 11:27 PM

Naughty, naughty Kool Aid.

Deftones 07-27-04 01:23 AM

Originally posted by gkleinman
no. So if it's really bad quote it in the report (ie cut/paste)
Super. Someone posted something they shouldn't have and I reported. They then deleted it, so there's no trace of it. I know others saw it, though.

Buford T Pusser 07-27-04 01:26 AM

Maybe if you didn't have El Scorcho's little scorcho in your hand you could have quoted that post.

-ohbfrank-

chrisih8u 07-27-04 01:35 AM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Maybe if you didn't have El Scorcho's little scorcho in your hand you could have quoted that post.

-ohbfrank-

:lol:

damn_skippy 07-27-04 01:40 AM

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
Super. Someone posted something they shouldn't have and I reported. They then deleted it, so there's no trace of it. I know others saw it, though.

Why are you so quick to Rat on someone????

Deftones 07-27-04 01:42 AM

Originally posted by Buford T Pusser

-ohbfrank-

:lol:

Deftones 07-27-04 01:43 AM

Originally posted by damn_skippy
Why are you so quick to Rat on someone????
I won't get into it here, but this person is the bane of existence for many on this forum.

das Monkey 07-27-04 01:50 AM

• Deftones, Esq •

I won't get into it here, but this person is the bane of existence for many on this forum.

Why would you report yourself? :hscratch:

das

(rimshot :D)

Deftones 07-27-04 10:56 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
Why would you report yourself? :hscratch:

das

(rimshot :D)

uh, yeah.

Looks like the problem has been solved, temporarily.

Groucho 07-27-04 11:01 AM

So, if somebody has the good sense to remove a comment that went over the line, they should still be punished for it?

Bandoman 07-27-04 11:02 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
So, if somebody has the good sense to remove a comment that went over the line, they should still be punished for it?
If that person has a habit of doing that so that the mods never see it - yes.

Deftones 07-27-04 11:05 AM

Yes. It was posted. People saw it. The damage was done. That's like calling someone a name to their face, and then saying "just kidding" after about five minutes.

GeoffK 07-27-04 11:21 AM

Depends on the poster, depends on the comment.

I don't want this to turn into a RTPTM war. 99.9999% of members don't have to worry about this, this feedback thread and the issue that prompted it have been addressed.

Also, we're working on bringing on more mods to jump on RTPTM's so it'll become less of an issue if we're able to jump quickly onto problem threads.

Bushdog 07-27-04 11:36 AM

< deleted >

Dead 07-27-04 12:12 PM

Re: If you use the report this post to moderator thing....

but the person deletes it after you sent the post to a moderator, does it still show what was posted?

If you are concerned that they might delete their comments, it's probably a good idea for you go ahead and quote them, as well as reporing them, so there is a record for us to review.

twikoff 07-27-04 12:16 PM

well.. Im sure it wasnt me

everyone knows that i would NEVER delete a post

:D

Numanoid 07-27-04 12:40 PM

Re: Re: If you use the report this post to moderator thing....

Originally posted by Dead
If you are concerned that they might delete their comments, it's probably a good idea for you go ahead and quote them, as well as reporing them, so there is a record for us to review.
Erm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I "quote" someone and you cannot verify that the post actually ever existed...doesn't that open up the possibility of fraudulent reporting? How can you defend yourself against such an accusation?

Groucho 07-27-04 12:43 PM

Re: Re: Re: If you use the report this post to moderator thing....

Originally posted by Numanoid
Groucho is a dick. There, I said it. Moderators, I DARE you to ban me!
:eek: Hey!

twikoff 07-27-04 01:13 PM

you know.. if you guys have any contact with the vbulletin creators

that really is a feature that should be available.. that if someone hits the report this post to a moderator.. it really should include the post in the sent message..

it seems as though that would be an easy enough feature to add.. and could make a moderators job easier, if they can see the questionable post up front and then make the decision on whether it needs immediate action or can wait a little while.

El Scorcho 07-27-04 01:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: If you use the report this post to moderator thing....

Originally posted by Numanoid
Erm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I "quote" someone and you cannot verify that the post actually ever existed...doesn't that open up the possibility of fraudulent reporting? How can you defend yourself against such an accusation?
Screencap + upload to a server + send the link to mods?

Deftones 07-27-04 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Dead
Again, if someone wanted to use this fradulently, it could very easily be exploited.

Originally posted by twikoff
you know.. if you guys have any contact with the vbulletin creators

that really is a feature that should be available.. that if someone hits the report this post to a moderator.. it really should include the post in the sent message..

it seems as though that would be an easy enough feature to add.. and could make a moderators job easier, if they can see the questionable post up front and then make the decision on whether it needs immediate action or can wait a little while.

Exactly. I shouldn't have to cut+paste or do a screen cap to send to a moderator. Even those could be fraudulent.

Thanks for responding quickly. Hopefully you can get this moderator situation squared away soon.

Might I suggest making one of the Red Sox fans (Mad Dawg or chrisih8u) mods in the sports forum? :lol:

chrisih8u 07-27-04 02:49 PM

Again, if someone wanted to use this fradulently, it could very easily be exploited.

Exactly. I shouldn't have to cut+paste or do a screen cap to send to a moderator. Even those could be fraudulent.

Thanks for responding quickly. Hopefully you can get this moderator situation squared away soon.

Might I suggest making one of the Red Sox fans (Mad Dawg or chrisih8u) mods in the sports forum? :lol:

:up: :banana:

It would only be fair because all the other mods and admins are blatently pro-Yankee! Which I conclude from their lack of Yankee bashing posts.

Numanoid 07-27-04 03:03 PM

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/1163/elratto.jpg

-eek-