Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Shouldn't threads griping about DVD Cover art be in the DVD Covers forum?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 01-29-04, 12:08 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be a few of these threads every week in DVD Talk. I've reported a couple making thsi suggestion but they never get moved. So I thought I'd post the topic here to see if anyone else agreed.

They don't really bother me, but they can get a little obnoxious to those of us that couldn't care less about cover art. I just skip over them most of the time, but still, given that there's a dedicated cover's forum, it seems like it would be logical to put them in there.

Just like the "blind buy" threads were moved to the DVD Review forum as they fit better there as they were essentially asking for reviews.
Old 01-29-04, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed. There is a multi-page thread about the Star Trek VI insert that is still on the main page after a week. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=342794
Old 01-29-04, 01:50 PM
Retired

Yep, cases and inserts were also implied in my post, as the sub former covers both in addition to covers.

Just seems pointless to have that sub-forum if those posts aren't going to be there along with the requests for scans.
Old 01-29-04, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I used to go into the main forum once a day and move them, but became busy a month ago and stopped. I will try to spend more time there.
Old 01-29-04, 02:08 PM
Retired

Thanks RandyC!
Old 01-30-04, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the main purpose of the Cover subforum was the discussion etc. of creating cover art, whether from scans or posters or whatever.

Suggesting that threads such as the one mentioned by Numanoid be moved there would be like suggesting threads bitching about prices be moved to the Bargains forum. The thread is a general bitching thread. Just because the words “case” and “insert” are used doesn’t warrant a move.
Old 01-30-04, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts
Originally posted by Wizdar
I thought the main purpose of the Cover subforum was the discussion etc. of creating cover art, whether from scans or posters or whatever.
From the forum description:

Talk about DVD Cover Art, DVD Cases and DVD INSERTS
Suggesting that threads such as the one mentioned by Numanoid be moved there would be like suggesting threads bitching about prices be moved to the Bargains forum.
The Bargains forum is intended for discussion about bargains. Complaining about an excessively high MSRP isn't a bargain.

The Covers subforum is intended for discussion about covers, cases, and inserts. Complaining about covers, cases, or inserts fits in with the subforum's intended purpose.