DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   My suggestion for the Other Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/342017-my-suggestion-other-forum.html)

El Scorcho 01-18-04 10:46 PM

My suggestion for the Other Forum

Either rename it to the Politics/Current Events forum or create a new subforum. It's getting even more ridiculous by the day and will only get worse as the 2004 election gets closer.

Preacher 01-18-04 11:13 PM

I agree wih a subforum soon. This will get out of hand.

Seeker 01-18-04 11:32 PM

We had a War subforum, so let's have an Election/Politics subforum...

Alyoshka 01-19-04 12:09 AM

I agree that from here until after the election (I wish permanently but realize that would probably not happen) there should be a subforum set aside for politics.

heimerSWT 01-19-04 02:15 AM

I give my full support for this idea. But I wish to have no part in moderating it, if it happens.

Crocker Jarmen 01-19-04 02:19 AM

I haven't officialy been a member for a year yet, but I've been reading the Other forum since early 2000. I never post in those political threads, but they are one of the strongest drawing power to that forum. Still, I agree that an 'Election' subforum will be sorely needed. Without, threads about crazy girlfriends and pictures of your child's poop will wither and die under the weight of the political threads.

RandyC 01-19-04 02:28 AM

Originally posted by heimerSWT
I give my full support for this idea. But I wish to have no part in moderating it, if it happens.
ditto

El Scorcho 01-19-04 02:32 AM

I'll moderate if it if I can have banning power

gcribbs 01-19-04 02:47 AM

I will cast my lone vote against a subforum for politics.

I think a forum can not survive on crayon threads alone ;)

hotaru_san 01-19-04 03:13 AM

Originally posted by gcribbs
I will cast my lone vote against a subforum for politics.

I think a forum can not survive on crayon threads alone ;)

I can post more and fill Other up with plenty of non-crayon threads.* :banana:

*Please do not use this comment as an excuse not to create the subforum since it does seem like a good idea

RandyC 01-19-04 03:14 AM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
I'll moderate if it if I can have bando power
1/5

AndyCapps 01-19-04 07:33 AM

Originally posted by heimerSWT
Yeah, forget this subforum stuff. We need a Politics forum off by itself, with moderators who give a shit about politics.

Alyoshka 01-19-04 10:39 AM

Originally posted by AndyCapps
Yeah, forget this subforum stuff. We need a Politics forum off by itself, with moderators who give a shit about politics.
I actually think that within the political otters there would be quite a few who would be willing to moderate a "Political Forum/Subforum"; however, would be more reluctant to moderate Other.

Bandoman 01-19-04 11:05 AM

Sure, I'll moderate the political sub-forum. As long as I have BandoButters powers.

twikoff 01-19-04 02:24 PM

while we are at it..
can I have a "the damn officials cost my team the game" subforum for the sports forum?

Seeker 01-19-04 07:00 PM

or a twikoff subforum... oh wait, we already have sports.

PixyJunket 01-19-04 07:31 PM

I'd like a Metroid subforum in VG Talk.

damn_skippy 01-20-04 12:57 AM

:lol: Who in their right mind would want to mod that one? Good idea but impossible to control IMO.

El Scorcho 01-20-04 12:41 PM

I don't think it would need a mod. The current political threads seem to go modless as it is. ;)

Groucho 01-20-04 12:55 PM

I'm getting tired of the political grandstanding and mud-slinging in Otter myself. Not suprisingly, it's the Democrats who are most guilty of this.

das Monkey 01-20-04 01:31 PM

:lol:

NCMojo 01-20-04 06:35 PM

I would happily volunteer to mod the political subforum. :D

jough 01-20-04 06:54 PM

While I try to stay out of the Other forum I agree that a sub-forum would be a good idea - if only to keep those interested in discussing politics on a DVD forum away from you other nuts. :P

El Scorcho 01-20-04 07:00 PM

btw, can we get a verdict on Brantley while we're at it? I could have sworn that part of the reason Aaron Amos was banned was for posting a ton of senseless articles without any sort of intention of discussing them.

RandyC 01-20-04 09:16 PM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
btw, can we get a verdict on Brantley while we're at it? I could have sworn that part of the reason Aaron Amos was banned was for posting a ton of senseless articles without any sort of intention of discussing them.
I doubt that bahavior helped his case, but that was not the main reason.