DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Can we PLEASE get a warning on links in articles? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/335215-can-we-please-get-warning-links-articles.html)

Boot 12-11-03 09:04 PM

Can we PLEASE get a warning on links in articles?
 
I clicked on the Cineschlocker's Blown Away link at work. I guess I should have known given the suggestive language, but I figured I was pretty safe since there isn't a direct warning about the link. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll love the pics when I get a chance to view them from home, but damn...not work friendly from the glimpse I got before madly clicking "back" on my browser.

Rico Diablo 12-12-03 12:45 PM

Caution: Boobies Ahead

DonnachaOne 12-12-03 01:23 PM

Well, this is an 'easter egg' link from Cine-Schlock-O-Rama. Gross does this with the not-work-friendly stuff, and as his artcile is usually read by regular readers, it's understood that if Gross has linked it, it's not for young eyes to see.

G. Noel Gross 12-12-03 01:57 PM

Re: Can we PLEASE get a warning on links in articles?
 

Originally posted by Boot
I clicked on the Cineschlocker's Blown Away link at work. I guess I should have known given the suggestive language, but I figured I was pretty safe since there isn't a direct warning about the link. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll love the pics when I get a chance to view them from home, but damn...not work friendly from the glimpse I got before madly clicking "back" on my browser.
Sorry that happened. Similiar thing happend to me when I clicked on my forum thread, not knowing it'd been moved from "DVD Talk" to "Mature." D'oh. But I obviously feel the in-column link was reasonably couched. Tell you what, though, drop me your mailing address and I'll send you a small peace offering in the form of a free Blown Away DVD or some other disc from my Gunnysack O' Goodies.

Buford T Pusser 12-13-03 01:14 AM

Re: Re: Can we PLEASE get a warning on links in articles?
 

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
Sorry that happened. Similiar thing happend to me when I clicked on my forum thread, not knowing it'd been moved from "DVD Talk" to "Mature." D'oh. But I obviously feel the in-column link was reasonably couched. Tell you what, though, drop me your mailing address and I'll send you a small peace offering in the form of a free Blown Away DVD or some other disc from my Gunnysack O' Goodies.
Oh yeah, I had a problem with that too. ;)

GeoffK 12-13-03 03:02 AM

I've been adding the extension >>> Mature on threads that I personally move to Mature. Probably something the rest of the mods will take up as well...

G. Noel Gross 12-13-03 10:39 AM


Originally posted by gkleinman
I've been adding the extension >>> Mature on threads that I personally move to Mature. Probably something the rest of the mods will take up as well...
That's a good idea. Where it got me, though, was in the e-mail link from my thread subscription.

Boot 12-13-03 11:34 AM

Re: Re: Can we PLEASE get a warning on links in articles?
 

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
Sorry that happened. Similiar thing happend to me when I clicked on my forum thread, not knowing it'd been moved from "DVD Talk" to "Mature." D'oh. But I obviously feel the in-column link was reasonably couched. Tell you what, though, drop me your mailing address and I'll send you a small peace offering in the form of a free Blown Away DVD or some other disc from my Gunnysack O' Goodies.
No worries, Noel. Like I said, I probably should have known the link wasn't work friendly given the set-up. I guess I just wasn't paying close enough attention.

Thanks for the "peace offering"! It's really not necessary, but...uh...YGM! :)

El Scorcho 12-14-03 02:29 AM

I was 3x as offended as Boot.

Send me email and I'll let you know where to send my free box set.

Buford T Pusser 12-15-03 12:25 AM


Originally posted by El Scorcho
I was 3x as offended as Boot.

Send me email and I'll let you know where to send my free box set.

I already said earlier that I had a problem with it. :o


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.