DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   How much "report this post to a moderator"-ing is TOO much? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/328626-how-much-report-post-moderator-ing-too-much.html)

DonnachaOne 11-07-03 01:06 AM

How much "report this post to a moderator"-ing is TOO much?

I find myself using the "report this post to a moderator" button a lot, sometimes as much as once a day. I (and I'm sure others) visit a lot, and every day I'll see a new duplicate thread or two. However, I wonder do I use it too much? I understand new threads are started on already-discussed topics, it's just what happens, but I don't understand why some people do not search first. I can understand with the newer posters, I suppose.

Do any of you mods look at your reports inbox and go "oh, no, not another DonnachaOne gripe..."?

(I understand some people will think that last line of this particular thread... :))

Wizdar 11-07-03 01:10 AM

This forum has a search feature?

-eek-

Static Cling 11-07-03 02:39 AM

Oh, no, not another DonnachaOne post!

Just kidding. :) No, you're fine. But what I would suggest is just reporting the thread and not posting in it. Sometimes people take offense at non-moderators "telling them what to do." And if the thread is actually legit as opposed to being close-worthy, then you've got conflicting information about what sort of threads are okay or not. Also, people sometimes start arguing over whether or not the thread should be closed, It can just cause more problems that it's worth.

The Antipodean 11-07-03 01:35 PM

I make it a point of pride to 'report to mod' every time Jack Skeleton or Rypro posts. Keeps the mods hoppin'! :D

AndyCapps 11-07-03 01:46 PM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
I make it a point of pride to 'report to mod' every time Jack Skeleton or Rypro posts. Keeps the mods hoppin'! :D
[BANNED]

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 11-07-03 11:14 PM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
you've used the 'report to mod' option 37,507 times? -eek-

eedoon 11-07-03 11:58 PM

I never report post to a mod before. Is it TOO much?? :p

Thunderball 11-08-03 12:39 AM

I think I used it once.

Static was stompling all over me in a thread and Icouldnt' take it :(*

El Scorcho 11-13-03 11:02 AM

I've used it 7 times on this thread alone. It's pissing me off that it's on my screen. :mad:

Groucho 11-13-03 11:07 AM

In a thread where both dork and myself post joke responses, and his is funnier than mine, I'll come up with a trumped-up reason to report his post so it gets deleted.

El Scorcho 11-13-03 11:09 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
In a thread where both dork and myself post joke responses, and his is funnier than mine,
So in other words, every time?

Groucho 11-13-03 11:19 AM

Originally posted by El Scorcho
So in other words, every time?
Pretty much. Luckily, I can't say the same thing about your "jokes".

Kinyo 11-18-03 06:53 PM

I'll report a post every once in a while but I wouldn't do it just for the heck of it like you Sierra disc! (no offense)

twikoff 11-18-03 07:41 PM

Originally posted by D.Pham00
you've used the 'report to mod' option 37,507 times? -eek-
wow, thats a bunch!

renaldow 11-19-03 10:22 AM

I use it everytime someone posts something I disagree with, has a user name I don't like, or the poster just rubs me the wrong way. Damn mods never do anything about it though :mad: