DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   What I hate about Spoiler Tags (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/256483-what-i-hate-about-spoiler-tags.html)

DeputyDave 12-09-02 06:05 PM

What I hate about Spoiler Tags

I hate the fact that when I print out a thread the spoiler tags are removed. When I am “working” in the office I will occasionally print out a thread to read while I stand outside to smoke (damn California). And darn it if stuff doesn’t get spoiled for me ‘cause the tags disappear.

What I want (no, demand) is that all spoiler tags print out as “scratchers” so I can maintain the integrity of the thread.

Thank you.

Adam Tyner 12-09-02 06:18 PM

Maybe it's karma telling you to give up smoking? :D

Static Cling 12-09-02 06:25 PM

Scratchers? :hscratch:

DeputyDave 12-09-02 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
Scratchers? :hscratch:
You know, like Lottery Scratchers. I can scratch off the spoiler tag with my zippo if I want.

RandyC 12-09-02 06:44 PM

rotfl

das Monkey 12-09-02 06:46 PM

:lol:

das

Static Cling 12-09-02 07:08 PM

Oh.

Yeah, we'll get right on that.

RandyC 12-09-02 07:15 PM

But he needs the right toner...

X 12-09-02 07:16 PM

Any particular color you want?

RandyC 12-09-02 07:28 PM

The hard thing is implementing the animated gifs on the page.

Bandoman 12-09-02 07:38 PM

Spoiler:
Rosebud is a SLED!!

Static Cling 12-09-02 07:40 PM

Originally posted by RandyC
The hard thing is implementing the animated gifs on the page.
You think that's hard? Try implementing hyperlinks.

I've almost got it down.

Bushdog 12-09-02 10:27 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
You think that's hard? Try implementing hyperlinks.

I've almost got it down.

Already figured it out. I'm working on embedded sound files now.

Static Cling 12-09-02 10:35 PM

Originally posted by Bushdog
Already figured it out. I'm working on embedded sound files now.
If you get Flash movies working, I'll really be impressed.

Jackskeleton 12-09-02 10:52 PM

scratchers... right..

Why not just read it and then go smoke outside and Not waste the paper to print half of these threads.. Hell, 90% of them are just a waste of time. :p

RandyC 12-09-02 11:11 PM

Actually, the better solution is to print out the threads and use them for rolling papers. I have to say, the Other Threads are perfect for when you need a little motivation to get through your work day. Careful which ones you choose to inhale though...

Venusian 12-10-02 11:31 PM

just get some electronic paper. no biggie. but even that dont have scratchers...oh well.

you could carry your tablet pc outside with you. or if you have a PDA, you could see dvdtalk on that, you dont even need one with internet access, just use avantgo

Bandoman 12-11-02 09:36 AM

Originally posted by Venusian
just get some electronic paper. no biggie. but even that dont have scratchers...oh well.

you could carry your tablet pc outside with you. or if you have a PDA, you could see dvdtalk on that, you dont even need one with internet access, just use avantgo

I'm sorry, but serious posts that are actually responsive to the thread-starter's inquiry are strongly discouraged. Now please edit your post to make it a joke about printing out photos from the mature forum. Thank you.

Y2K Falcon 12-11-02 10:12 AM

http://www.jamaicalottery.com/images/smscratch.gif

The Antipodean 12-11-02 02:56 PM

Re: What I hate about Spoiler Tags

Originally posted by DeputyDave
What I want (no, demand) is that all spoiler tags print out as “scratchers” so I can maintain the integrity of the thread.

Threads can have integrity?? :eek:

Alien Redrum 12-11-02 08:15 PM

Originally posted by Bandoman
I'm sorry, but serious posts that are actually responsive to the thread-starter's inquiry are strongly discouraged. Now please edit your post to make it a joke about printing out photos from the mature forum. Thank you.
:lol:

Boot 12-17-02 12:51 PM

You can always do what I do. Keep a roll of duct tape handy and cover the posts manually. Then scratch the duct tape off with a quarter.

What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?