DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Forum Fart or "Funny Mod"?!?! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/251060-forum-fart-funny-mod.html)

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 10:29 AM

Forum Fart or "Funny Mod"?!?!

Let's see... registered March 2001... 2660+ posts... yet suddenly I am a "new member"? :confused:

Is this a play on the word member?

I've noticed that no matter what I change my "Location" to, it always magically reverts to "Trapped under the covers".

Is there a Mod out there with an affection for messing with my head or am I losing my mind?

Bandoman 11-15-02 10:34 AM

Welcome to the forum, Five Cent Deposit! How did you hear about us?

;)

X 11-15-02 10:35 AM

Pics?

Oh. Nevermind.

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 10:45 AM

Originally posted by Bandoman
Welcome to the forum, Five Cent Deposit! How did you hear about us?

;)

Read my second post in this thread

thejammy 11-15-02 10:51 AM

welcome to the forum :)

Bushdog 11-15-02 10:56 AM

Hi! I hope you enjoy your time here.

happycamper 11-15-02 10:59 AM

:hscratch: Funny mods?

;)

Y2K Falcon 11-15-02 11:01 AM

So, you are saying that the idiot moderators keep changing your title????

GuessWho 11-15-02 11:08 AM

noob

Thunderball 11-15-02 11:12 AM

Welcome to the Other Forum, maybe Keyser or WhoGirl could post the official rules.

Wizdar 11-15-02 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Five Cent Deposit
OH! Well, DUH! I understand now.

I was gonna post something a coupla days ago, but figured I really don't have to go outta my way to look STOOPID.

Sometimes I'm lost without a flow chart.

Nice work, whoever did the title change. :up:

El Scorcho 11-15-02 11:24 AM

STFU n00b!!

Buford T Pusser 11-15-02 11:54 AM

That's why I figured they changed your title.

D.Pham5GLTE (>60GB) 11-15-02 12:12 PM

:lol: n00b

CharlesC 11-15-02 12:14 PM

I think all Mods should now be refered to as "Forum Farts".

Bandoman 11-15-02 12:20 PM

The Idiot Forum Farts Keep Changing My Title!

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 01:01 PM

Originally posted by Wizdar
OH! Well, DUH! I understand now.

I was gonna post something a coupla days ago, but figured I really don't have to go outta my way to look STOOPID.

Sometimes I'm lost without a flow chart.

Nice work, whoever did the title change. :up:

Huh? I don't follow... What were you going to post a couple of days ago?

You do realize that that thread was meant as satire, right?

Th0r S1mpson 11-15-02 01:01 PM

Welcome to the otter farm. ebjoy your stay.

Don't sit on any of these: ------> -other-

:lol:

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 01:05 PM

Originally posted by happycamper
:hscratch: Funny mods?

;)

I screwed up when I made the title to this thread... only the word "Funny" was supposed to be in quotes.

For any who have trouble understanding the thread title (mine can be frustratingly cryptic), interpret it this way:

Did the forum software fart (get messed up, like a brainfart) or is one of the mods trying to be "funny"?

In other words, is someone responsible for intentionally changing my title? If so, I'd like to thank them- it is an honor and I've been wondering who I had to blow in order to be deemed worthy of a custom title.

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 01:07 PM

Originally posted by CharlesC
I think all Mods should now be refered to as "Forum Farts".

Nice idea :lol:

Wizdar 11-15-02 01:24 PM

You do realize that that thread was meant as satire, right?
Well, I may be STOOPID, but I ain’t a n00b. (Actually, something very similar to that was done about a year ago, newbie. ;) )

I was gonna post (in your Otter thread) something about WTF was going on with this new kid's post count ‘cause I didn’t quite catch on to why your title was changed for the satire thread. For some reason I decided not to.

But, hehe, it looks like I’m not the last one to catch on to the joke. If ya ask real nice, I bet someone will ‘splain it to ya. We like to treat new members nice – for the first coupla days.

Five Cent Deposit 11-15-02 01:51 PM

Originally posted by Wizdar
Well, I may be STOOPID, but I ain’t a n00b. (Actually, something very similar to that was done about a year ago, newbie. ;) )

I was gonna post (in your Otter thread) something about WTF was going on with this new kid's post count ‘cause I didn’t quite catch on to why your title was changed for the satire thread. For some reason I decided not to.

But, hehe, it looks like I’m not the last one to catch on to the joke. If ya ask real nice, I bet someone will ‘splain it to ya. We like to treat new members nice – for the first coupla days.

Ahhh. So they changed my title to "New Member" back before my two threads were closed? I didn't even notice until the moments before I posted this thread, obviously. D'oh! I never saw the similar "Black Box" type thread that you mentioned from a year ago... do you remember who the author was? Ah, well, I have to hand it to whichever Mod was fast enough to jump in on the fun and make me "look the part" for my foray into portraying a n00b. It definitely adds a layer. I'm just bummed that I didn't notice it sooner... though even if I had, I probably *still* wouldn't have realized that the Mod was playing along with my joke.

The only thing that bums me out now is that you didn't recognize my name and you thought I was a "new kid" with a messed up post count, rather than the other way around. :(:(;)

Wizdar 11-15-02 03:02 PM

The only thing that bums me out now is that you didn't recognize my name and you thought I was a "new kid" with a messed up post count, rather than the other way around. :(:(;)
Oh, I recognized the name, but did a lot of :hscratch: and :confused:

Wizdar: poster child for AADD. :blush:

zOOmz 11-15-02 03:54 PM

Well, at least the Idiot Moderators didn't change your
name to D.PhiveCentDeposit! :eek: :p

zOOmz 11-15-02 03:56 PM

Did you notice that only the forum's *problem children*
get funny statuses and names. :lol:

oh wait...

:p