DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   What (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/248183-what.html)

2D4EVER 11-02-02 11:14 AM

Wtf

I just posted a thread 5 minutes ago and now it's locked? Here. WTF?

Deftones 11-02-02 11:27 AM

my guess, is b/c of this http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=240891

AndyCapps 11-02-02 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Deftones17
my guess, is b/c of this http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=240891
I wouldn't think that would be a reason to lock the thread. The best way to find out would be to email one of the DVD Exchange moderators(Mao).

X 11-02-02 11:58 AM

It appears that you're really going to have to work on your language given that this is a public forum. We don't put "wtf" in titles either.

Wizdar 11-02-02 12:21 PM

Interesting. I’ve never visited that forum. Is it a good selling/trading point to describe a disk as a “*****y version”?

Just wondering.

Alyoshka 11-02-02 01:19 PM

Since this thread discusses locked threads, could any mod give me a reason my thread was locked? http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=247896

Rypro 525 11-02-02 01:44 PM

i think there was a thread a mod posted a while back which stated that all threads had to have some kind of topic or has to have a point. and yours doesnt.

Alyoshka 11-02-02 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
i think there was a thread a mod posted a while back which stated that all threads had to have some kind of topic or has to have a point. and yours doesnt.
Actually, mine clearly does, it talks about what I'm doing this weekend, which are constant posts around Other. The only thing I could think of was that a moderator misjudged posting while being drunk about posting about your plans to be drunk. Hopefully none of the moderators here would do that because it's clearly different. I'm just wondering if there was some sort of a new rule that has been made?

Alyoshka 11-02-02 03:40 PM

I ask that my thread be reopened, thank you.

Static Cling 11-02-02 03:40 PM

2D4EVER, it's possible that he closed it because of forum rules against profanity or DVD Talk Exchange rules that state that you must put prices by disks that you're selling. You should drop Mao an e-mail if you're concerned, though.

X 11-02-02 07:49 PM

Originally posted by Alyoshka
Since this thread discusses locked threads, could any mod give me a reason my thread was locked? http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=247896
I closed that thread based on it being solely about one person's plans on getting drunk tonight and soliciting other people's plans on how drunk they're also going to get.

Later tonight I'm getting plowed, how about you? :lol:
In my opinion that is not a subject worth pursuing on this forum and is even a few notches below a thread entitled "I will eat so much that I'll barf"

Sometimes the decision is not as clear-cut as in other cases. I used my best judgment and see no reason to reconsider. If you want to appeal my decision you can e-mail moderators of the Other Forum and it will be taken up for discussion.

Thunderball 11-02-02 10:45 PM

Agree with Static(:-o)

Mao clearly states you need to put prices by anything you sell

Static Cling 11-03-02 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Thunderball
Agree with Static(:-o)l
A wise decision. ;)

Alyoshka 11-03-02 05:52 PM

Originally posted by X
I closed that thread based on it being solely about one person's plans on getting drunk tonight and soliciting other people's plans on how drunk they're also going to get. In my opinion that is not a subject worth pursuing on this forum and is even a few notches below a thread entitled "I will eat so much that I'll barf"

Sometimes the decision is not as clear-cut as in other cases. I used my best judgment and see no reason to reconsider. If you want to appeal my decision you can e-mail moderators of the Other Forum and it will be taken up for discussion.

Well, I disagree. Please unlock it.

Wizdar 11-03-02 06:05 PM

If your getting drunk is dependent on the thread, and considering how many you tried to lure into alcohol’s evil clutches, I’d say closing it was a public service.

;)

Alyoshka 11-03-02 10:01 PM

I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what sort of logic X could ever have invented to determine that I was only trying to figure out other people's plans on getting "drunk." It seems clear that I state what I'm doing then ask what other people are doing. Perhaps you could have posted in the thread to ask for clarification on what the intention was, since you seemingly have a difficult time ascertaining that on your own volition.

If I recall, dvdtalk has never had any policy against discussing plans for the weekend. As a matter for fact, I thought it was pretty common policy to encourage that as it builds the community...and many people were undoubtably watching dvds or other sorts of movies which would facilitate the purpose of dvdtalk.com.

X 11-03-02 10:04 PM

I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what sort of logic X could ever have invented to determine that I was only trying to figure out other people's plans on getting "drunk.
Maybe you should have spend 10 additional seconds on understanding what I meant above when I said "If you want to appeal my decision you can e-mail moderators of the Other Forum and it will be taken up for discussion."

Your saying it was a a general "what are you doing this weekend" is not the way I took it at all. And from the posts in that thread I'm not the only one. So start e-mailing.

Alyoshka 11-03-02 10:13 PM

Originally posted by X
Maybe you should have spend 10 additional seconds on understanding what I meant above when I said "If you want to appeal my decision you can e-mail moderators of the Other Forum and it will be taken up for discussion."
Ummm...how would other moderators help me figure out what you meant? Are you joking or did you take too much Nyquil or something?

I don't want to appeal your decision. I just question your overall decision making on this one. There would be no point in appealing the decision because the weekend is over, hence the point of the thread is finished. I wouldn't want to have other moderators waste their time discussing a poor decision when the thread itself is moot.

I was just concerned for future occurences, that is all. If people can't post a thread about what their going to do over the weekend, I'd like to know. If people can't discuss certain plans (such as drinking or, in your odd analogy, eating until they barf) then I'm sure many people would like to know.

Alyoshka 11-03-02 10:15 PM

Originally posted by X

Your saying it was a a general "what are you doing this weekend" is not the way I took it at all. And from the posts in that thread I'm not the only one. So start e-mailing.

A) The only other person who posted in the thread was T-Ball. Then I replied and made it clear that I was not only discussing drinking.

B) How else could you take "Later tonight I'm getting plowed, how about you?"? :confused: It says what I'm doing then asks what others are doing. Seems clear enough. If you had asked I would have made it clearer...or you could have altered the subject heading if you had asked.

I'm just concerned because it doesn't seem that I broke any of the forum rules or warranted having a thread locked. I don't like when threads of mine are locked because it suggests that I'm behaving in inappropriate ways. I'd like to make sure that I don't.

Blade 11-04-02 03:00 AM

As noted above, these things are better handled via email.

Alyoshka, since you are specifically questioning X's reasoning behind this closed thread, obviously, you should be emailing him. He suggested "appealing" to the rest of the Other forum mods as they can override X's close if they disagree strongly enough with him.

I'm not sure of the specific circumstances (haven't seen the thread in question) but we generally don't allow threads about "getting drunk."

Closing.