DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   How many threads are closed by Static Cling per week? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/246260-how-many-threads-closed-static-cling-per-week.html)

Get Me Coffee 10-26-02 12:48 PM

How many threads are closed by Static Cling per week?

Static Cling,

I'm just wonder what is your avg. amount of closed threads per week? Just a rough estimate?

focker 10-26-02 12:50 PM

Should he count this one in the total? ;)

Get Me Coffee 10-26-02 01:01 PM

Well this is feedback forum...so why would he close it? It's not like I'm posting in the video game or DVD forum.

Thunderball 10-26-02 01:02 PM

I'm assuming this is a "I've got a problem with a mod" thread.

Get Me Coffee 10-26-02 01:05 PM

Nah, never had a run in with Static....it's just that I find he does alot of closing. Just curious.

Static Cling 10-26-02 01:12 PM

I don't keep track. If I see a thread that needs to be closed, I close it, just like the rest of the mods. *shrug*

Get Me Coffee 10-26-02 01:16 PM

Thanks man. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I'm just curious with what it takes to be a Mod. It seems that you work like crazy. You're always on call ;)

Aghama 10-26-02 04:49 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to say that your signature completely befuddles me.

J-Dubya 10-26-02 04:55 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
I don't keep track. If I see a thread that needs to be closed, I close it, just like the rest of the mods. *shrug*
as he high-fives X, then proceeds to notch another in the mod forum "How many threads have you closed this week?" thread...

Jackskeleton 10-27-02 04:11 AM

simple, there is a lot of threads that are just screaming to be closed because of context or hell, because they dont belong in the forum. he is on the main forum and we do realize how many repost happen there so it shouldn't be any surprise that there is so many to close up.

criptik28 10-28-02 07:14 AM

Originally posted by White Knight
It seems that you work like crazy. You're always on call ;)
Just wait until he's ACTUALLY on call...because then he won't be able to be on call here, just on call out there...and then when he's not on call he can be back on call...then...oh never mind. :)

The Antipodean 10-28-02 04:21 PM

Considering the "which LOTR version are you buying/is a Goodfellas SE on the way/where is Star Wars on DVD/what's a Criterion/which dvds are OOP/what's a Salo/-type threads each week", I think sc does a fine job keeping the chaff outta the wheat. Which makes DVD talk full of fiber and really good for the ol' bowels.

marty888 11-06-02 10:13 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
simple, there is a lot of threads that are just screaming to be closed because of context or hell, because they dont belong in the forum. he is on the main forum and we do realize how many repost happen there so it shouldn't be any surprise that there is so many to close up.

....except, he just closed <b>your</b> thread <i>(what are you buying 11/12)</i> suggesting that it was too early and this should not appear before Friday. Well, since you did all that work linking the new releases so that DVDTalk would benefit, posting on Friday (4 days before release date) is probably too late to generate any pre-orders - but a week in advance, people would be more inclined to pre-order a title they may have overlooked, since it can still reach them by release date. Not possible if they pre-order on Friday.
So - holding off on this type of thread until Friday may very well cause DVDTalk to lose some money.....

Josh H 11-06-02 12:59 PM

I wish the mods of all forums where as thorough in weeding out the crap threads, duplicate posts, etc. as Static is.

jfoobar 11-06-02 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
I wish the mods of all forums where as thorough in weeding out the crap threads, duplicate posts, etc. as Static is.
Me too!

Static Cling 11-06-02 08:01 PM

Originally posted by marty888
....except, he just closed <b>your</b> thread <i>(what are you buying 11/12)</i> suggesting that it was too early and this should not appear before Friday. Well, since you did all that work linking the new releases so that DVDTalk would benefit, posting on Friday (4 days before release date) is probably too late to generate any pre-orders - but a week in advance, people would be more inclined to pre-order a title they may have overlooked, since it can still reach them by release date. Not possible if they pre-order on Friday.
So - holding off on this type of thread until Friday may very well cause DVDTalk to lose some money.....

The info that was posted in the thread is the exact same infor that has been available on the DVD Talk Release List page, reachable by clicking on the "Coming Soon" link at the top of every page. Also, having multiple active "What did you buy/watch?" threads on the first page can confuse people and bump other threads off the front page.

Incidentally, if people have questions or concerns about things a moderator does, please e-mail that moderator directly instead of posting in a thread about it... thanks. :)

While I'm here, I'll go ahead and add this thread to my "closed" tally... five more before Saturday, and I get a toaster oven from Geoff. :up: