DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Thanks For The Rude Welcome (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/244953-thanks-rude-welcome.html)

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 01:30 PM

Thanks For The Rude Welcome

I can't believe how Jaded some people are. I am not a person that works for a studio. I was just sharing my Spiderman DVD with you guys.

I was completely honest and was branded a shill or whatever you guys wanted to call me.

Whatever man that wasn't cool.

Psycho2002 10-21-02 01:37 PM

I agree with you, there is no reason for them to close that thread. You were just informing people about the extras and anything else you get. I thank you for telling me about the phone thing, but it wasn't an advertisement. (I'm exactly sure what a shill is)

C'mon DVDTalk :(

apemanttt 10-21-02 01:41 PM

I'm sure Static Cling had some evidence that proved he was an advertiser. If not then it was an honest mistake. But I for one don't want companies spamming on this board to advertise and sell their products.

caiman 10-21-02 01:49 PM

Well, be prepared to be pissed once again, because this thread is sure to be closed as well.

DeputyDave 10-21-02 01:51 PM

Considering Bruno waited three months before posting about the Spiderman DVD, I'd say he's member of a "sleeper" shill cell that the president has been warning us about.

C'mon guys, does Spiderman really need a post like this to generate internet excitement?

ps Bruno, did you say that phone came with only a TWO year commitment? ;)

joltaddict 10-21-02 02:01 PM

At least you got a welcome. :)

caiman 10-21-02 02:11 PM

Originally posted by joltaddict
At least you got a welcome. :)
Yeah, no kidding. I've been here for two and a half years, and am still waiting for someone to welcome me. :( :hump:

Groucho 10-21-02 02:13 PM

After reading the post in question, I think it's pretty clear that it wasn't a "shill."

Cornelius1047 10-21-02 02:14 PM

Welcome to the forum. You make one mistake, or what they perceive as one, and they will POUNCE on you. ENJOY!

K

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 02:15 PM

Thanks you guys...What a way to start out huh? I like this site, but never really posted often because you guys are savants and I would not be adding anything you did not already know.

caiman 10-21-02 02:18 PM

Originally posted by BrunoisKing
Thanks you guys...What a way to start out huh? I like this site, but never really posted often because you guys are savants and I would not be adding anything you did not already know.
Not true! I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA you owned the Spiderman DVD until I read your post.

Decker 10-21-02 02:20 PM

Ummm 246 toothpicks, definately 246 toothpicks.
Uh-Oh, time for Wapner!

And welcome to the forum. It can be a little rough at first, but at least we're not HTF. Them guys is rough!

Dr. DVD 10-21-02 02:23 PM

Just where did you get the DVD this early anyway?

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 02:24 PM

Again thanks alot....I wish I worked for a studio, then maybe I can smack some sense into them to make better flicks.... I was really happy about the phone coupon, I have crappy service and to get a coupon for a free phone made me happy.

I'm glad to join you guys. This place seemed cool, and I'm willing to forget the sillyness that just happened.

joltaddict 10-21-02 02:25 PM

*POUNCES on Cornelius*

GeoffK 10-21-02 02:27 PM

If I made a mistake and you aren't connected to a studio... than I'm sorry.

You have to realize that we have been absolutely barraged lately with posts from studios posing as consumers, so we have to do our best job to sort out the real from the shill.

Unfortunately new members are the most closely scrutinized...

Things which are always suspect:
- Hotmail and Yahoo Addresses
- People with AOL addresses connection through anoter service not AOL
- posts which list come before official release date which list some of the brand offers with the disc (paramount's star trek isp offer, cel phone offers, etc)

We do the best we can :)

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 02:28 PM

In New York City there are tons of Mom and Pop stores that always sell stuff early.

It's a store near my block called Vic's Music Hut. He only had Full Screen though, but the price tag was 20 dollars. It's a cool DVD, but after watching it, the movie isn't really that great. Full of weird continuity errors. But hey it's Spiderman. I did not elaborate about sound specifics, because honestly I don't know much about that stuff.

In NYC though, lots of stores break the release date to compete with the Best Buy's and Circuit Cities that release their movies at deeply discounted prices.

razorbackfan 10-21-02 02:30 PM

Don't feel bad. My first post was asking about the original Star Wars DVDs and all of a sud...

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 02:37 PM

RazorBack thanks. I feel better, I was just so pissed off. I'm like "I'm Telling The Truth!"

DeputyDave 10-21-02 02:44 PM

AH HA!!! Brunoisking is a Shill for "Vic's Music Hut"!

immortal_zeus 10-21-02 02:45 PM

Welcome. :)

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Bandoman 10-21-02 02:45 PM

I think the problem was with the "gazillion extras" comment. Everyone knows that the Spider-Man DVD has only a bajillion extras. ;)

Welcome to the forum, BrunoisKing. Don't take it personally. It's fun here once you get used to it. At least it was, then the fun left the forum, then it came back, then it left again and was last seen in Albequerque.

Wizdar 10-21-02 02:50 PM

Originally posted by BrunoisKing
you guys are savants
You clearly have me confused with someone with a working brain... ;)

It must be all the Bando (TM) Brand potato chips I eat that keeps me out of the savant category. But, if it weren't for Bando (TM) Brand potato chips (look for the specially-marked packages with a free 10-minute AT&T calling card), I would be even dumber than I already am...

BrunoisKing 10-21-02 02:59 PM

Does Bando Chips come from the same makers of Tomacco?

Bandoman 10-21-02 03:06 PM

rotfl - love your sig, BK!

Wait a minute - you're not a shill for any movie studio, you're a shill for Burger King! Just look at your initials!!! Ooooh, you're devious. ;)