Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Question about trader feedback points

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-02, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. I wasn't sure if I should post this here in the Feedback forum or in the Exchange forum. I am just wondering about how long it takes for Mao to add points in the trader feedback threads. At present Mao has just posted a new feedback thread; I am +2, but I know I should be +4 by now. In the past, Mao was quick to add points, but perhaps I'm missing something? Perhaps Mao is inundated with feedback and has a backlog of feedback threads to follow-up? (I am aware that Mao maintains the feedback thread singlehandedly, which is remarkable and clearly a labor of love.) Can Mao or anyone shed any light on this?

This information is not in the "Exchange Forum Guidelines" thread. Perhaps it should be for those of us unclear about how the trader feedback points are counted.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can add to this matter.
Old 07-30-02, 01:10 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's actually a very good question, and beyond "as soon as he can," I can't really answer your question.

However, just to be clear, it is dependent on the person you traded with making a post in the thread noting that you should be getting another point. Have all four of your trades made a post?

-David
Old 07-30-02, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, David, for your response. Yes, at least five traders that I am aware of have been kind enough to post positive feedback. (As I understand it, I don't get any points for my first trade; I just get my name posted on the GTL.) The two most recent traders who posted feedback have not been counted yet.

I just want to be clear on this: I am not angry nor am I bashing Mao. I'm just curious about the timeline and how Mao goes about adding points. One of the traders here says I am too generous and too patient to a fault. I don't know if that is necessarily true, but it was nice of him to say. So, however long it takes for Mao to add the points...

On a completely separate matter, I just want to say that DVDtalk.com is a terrific, terrific website. You have reviews, forums, coupons, and other features that make me stop by at least once a day to check out what's new. A truly terrific website. Whoever owns this site, maintains it, and moderates the forums, deserves accolades.
Old 07-30-02, 11:30 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Hi, dvdsarecool!

If I have missed your feedback, I am sorry. If you could find the posts and send me the dates and times they were made, I'd be glad to add them.

One thing that may be the problem here is that lately alot of people have been posting just a forum name, when it clearly states at the head of the GTL that those posts will not be added without a real name to go with it!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance! And, as always, happy trading!