Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Yo mods in the house say HEEEEY

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-02, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyhow. this is jack, pimpy can't seem to be able to log me out (I dunno, I think he took the small bus for school) It wont log out for the life of us. Can any of you just log me out so he could post away. we tried the cycle and even though it stated the cookies were removed (on the main forum page) I was still logged in.

I would have posted this in the feedback forum.. but I mean.. really how often does that get checked.
Old 02-28-02, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have you tried hit the "logout" button? It's right next to your username on the Reply to Topic screen.
Old 02-28-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by WhoGirl
Have you tried hit the "logout" button? It's right next to your username on the Reply to Topic screen.

No, because that would be oh so easy and make the most common sense

thats what he's been doing, but even though the cookies were cleared, my name still appears on the welcome greeting.
Old 02-28-02, 11:17 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Yo mods in the house say HEEEEY

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I would have posted this in the feedback forum.. but I mean.. really how often does that get checked.
This is a warning. You obviously knew that you posted in the wrong forum. We strongly frown on this type of posting, even if the proper forum has only two new posts a day.

If you have immediate needs for an answer you can email a mod.
Old 02-28-02, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Delete your cookies.
Old 02-28-02, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Yo mods in the house say HEEEEY

Originally posted by X
This is a warning. You obviously knew that you posted in the wrong forum. We strongly frown on this type of posting, even if the proper forum has only two new posts a day.

A smiley would have been nice...
Old 02-28-02, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Re: Yo mods in the house say HEEEEY

Originally posted by X

I actually just wanted a quick answer. and as I knew the other had a few mods in there, I figured, hey why not get there attention really fast and get me logged out. but I guess if it's a warning, I get a warning. any help on what is going on.

I log out on both the main forum and when I response. it states cookies were cleared, but every time we go back to the main forum it has my name under there. instead of a warning, Could I get a simple answer or maybe even a suggestion? thanks
Old 02-28-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This might be a bit of a pain, but go to your user cp options and turn off the "Browse board with cookies" and "Automatically sign in" options. Try posting a few times and see if that logs you out. If not, go to your internet settings and delete all the cookies in the computer.
Old 02-28-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by WhoGirl
This might be a bit of a pain, but go to your user cp options and turn off the "Browse board with cookies" and "Automatically sign in" options. Try posting a few times and see if that logs you out. If not, go to your internet settings and delete all the cookies in the computer.

I killed the CP options. and still no dice.
Old 02-28-02, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I killed the CP options. and still no dice.
Okay, then try this. Close the DVDTalk page and open a new browser. Go to the "tools" option at the top and go to "internet options", and it should say temporary internet files. Try deleting the cookies there. If that doesn't work, reboot and try it again. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell ya.
Old 03-01-02, 12:24 AM
Uber Member

Try using this link to clear your cookies:
http://dvdtalk.com/forum/member.php?s=&action=logout

And do a search, newbie!
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=cookies

And don't post in the wrong forum! I can't tell you how much we hate it when longtime members do that. I'll give you a smilie but I'm damn_serious!

half-
Old 03-01-02, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Thor Simpson
just buy a new computer.
good idea...Dell is having a p4 1.6 for under $500
Old 03-01-02, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, time for me to throw my $0.02 in: 1. go to a site other than dvdtalk. 2. erase all cookies. 3. Under tools > internet options, delete all temporary files. 4. turn off the machine without shutting down. 5. Turn it back on, go to dvdtalk, see what happens.
Old 03-01-02, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

for future references..

I deleted cookies, then I reset my cp settings, then I just logged myself off. blah

I'm half not there right now. anyhwo, I hope you guys realize I wouldn't post in the wrong forum unless uncertain curcumstances. Like this one where I needed a mod's help asap, and couldn't wait the 5 day waiting period it takes for anything to be really replied to in the feedback forum. otter's opioiions also were a factor since I wanted there take. I'm goiang to bed now.

word yo
Old 03-01-02, 03:05 AM
Uber Member

I hope you guys realize I wouldn't post in the wrong forum unless uncertain curcumstances. Like this one where I needed a mod's help asap, and couldn't wait the 5 day waiting period it takes for anything to be really replied to in the feedback forum. otter's opioiions also were a factor since I wanted there take. I'm goiang to bed now.

word yo
Jack, not to beat a dead horse, but seriously, unless it's life or death, put it in the right forum. Feedback is actually checked pretty regularly by a number of members (some of whom posted in here) and by the moderators.

And the fastest way to get our attention is to email us. Use the report a post in Book/Computer/Other if you don't have email access. We're all very good about email as long as we're at our computers.

I'm saying this again, not out of any particular frustration with you, but because we see this done too often by long time members. We depend on you guys to set an example for the newer members.

Thanks for understanding and glad you were finally able to solve your problem.
Old 03-01-02, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

No problem blade. just seemed that the first response by a mod was a warning, which threw me off course, as I just wanted a quick sort of answer to it all or some feedback from other members, like how whogirl threw out some suggestions.

You guys realize how I wont just post in the wrong forum for just no good reason. well thats all taken care of.
Old 03-01-02, 12:18 PM
X
Administrator

You guys realize how I wont just post in the wrong forum for just no good reason. well thats all taken care of.
That's why it was a warning. Your good reason (while knowing it was the wrong forum) is not anybody else's. What makes your reason superior to every other person's? You think anybody else really cared you couldn't log out, like it was a worldwide warning or something? I would have thought you would understand this, but it appears obvious you don't. And I'm puzzled about it.

If we said having "good reason" was the criteria for posting in the wrong forum everybody would have a "good reason" for doing that. You might not care about this, many other people do. And since we don't get paid by the "move", mods don't live for the time they get to spend moving things around either.
Old 03-01-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Honestly though, didn't this thread belong more in Computer & DVD-Rom Forum than Forum Feedback & Suggestions? Maybe this forum's name should be changed to include forum help?
Old 03-01-02, 01:20 PM
Uber Member

Originally posted by Aghama
Honestly though, didn't this thread belong more in Computer & DVD-Rom Forum than Forum Feedback & Suggestions? Maybe this forum's name should be changed to include forum help?
Computer's for general technical Internet questions.

Since this is specifically related to this forum, it's fine here.
Old 03-01-02, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Blade

Computer's for general technical Internet questions.

Since this is specifically related to this forum, it's fine here.
Except that the title and description of this forum says nothing of that purpose. I would suggest that something along the lines of Forum Issues & Suggestions or Forum Feedback & Help might be more accurate. "Feedback" and "Suggestions" are pretty much the same thing, anyway.

(Sorry for the complete non sequitur)
Old 03-01-02, 01:43 PM
X
Administrator

Except that the title and description of this forum says nothing of that purpose. I would suggest that something along the lines of Forum Issues & Suggestions or Forum Feedback & Help might be more accurate.
Thanks for the suggestions. Or your feedback. Whatever.

That is a good idea and it is being discussed.
Old 03-01-02, 02:04 PM
Uber Member

Except that the title and description of this forum says nothing of that purpose. I would suggest that something along the lines of Forum Issues & Suggestions or Forum Feedback & Help might be more accurate. "Feedback" and "Suggestions" are pretty much the same thing, anyway.

(Sorry for the complete non sequitur)
Well, forum problems have always been posted (or moved) here, but you're right, the title isn't reflective of that.

We'll probably change it, though I like the current name. Maybe we'll fix up the description to make it more inclusive.

Thanks for the suggestion.

-David