DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Feed Up Feedback gkleinman pls read (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/162574-feed-up-feedback-gkleinman-pls-read.html)

MJ 11-29-01 07:20 PM

Feed Up Feedback gkleinman pls read

I have emailled you , Total Movie Magazine and left a post on the boards asking if the free dvds on offer over at Total Movie magazine can be offered to Australia[ns] and have not recieved no reply from anyone
:(

GeoffK 11-29-01 08:33 PM

Sorry about that. While I do not speak for Total Movie. My best guess would be no. They are a US publication, and so I don't know if they'd do it internationally.

You can try calling them at 800-310-7047 or email [email protected]

Adboy151 11-29-01 08:35 PM

A) Not sure what solution you're looking for, but Geoff's just one guy with a DVD website, not DVD Talk's ombudsman, or

B) Maybe no one on the Forums knows the answer and were unable to answer your question, or

C) Maybe TM's silence is their - if not somewhat impolite - way of saying, 'No,' or

D) By taking a quick glance at their site, it would seem 'No' by reading the disclaimer - which has a somewhat vague reference which would make one believe the offer is available in US and Canada only, but a number to call none the less: A Total Movie / InsideDVD offer is also available to Canadians. Please call toll free 1 800 310-7047. For all subscriptions, please allow 6 - 8 weeks for delivery of the 1st issue and expect a delivery every other month for the duration of your subscription. Please allow approximately 6 - 8 weeks after we receive your subscription payment for delivery of your 40 FREE MOVIES. Total Movie & Entertainment's 6 issue news stand Price is $53.94. The special subscription price is $39.95. ©1998-2000 Versatile Media One (VM1). All rights reserved. insideDVD Prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice. No part of the information or images contained herein may be reproduced in any form without the express written permission of Versatile Media One.

Just some random thoughts... :)

Blade 11-29-01 09:04 PM

For what it's worth, I just called that number and asked the operator if they could accept an Australian address. She said yes, but this was for the subscription only. They're closed right now and can't answer questions about their promotions.

Is this free DVD thing seperate from the subscription? I'm not familiar with this deal.

-David

MJ 11-29-01 09:35 PM

Blade have you seen the mag they offer a copy of Night Of The Living Dead on dvd if you send off the coupon

Mr K sorry to be a bit rude but you could of answered my question a week or so ago, it took a bit of fowardness and nounce to actually get a reply and thats sad

Update just emailled them lets see how long they take to reply?

MJ 11-29-01 10:26 PM

At the risk of pissing the mod off i also believe that Mr Kleinman should also look into the "deal" that he announces as there are 10 that I read and whether DVD Talk forum members will be looked after and not ripped off

Blade 11-30-01 12:47 AM

Originally posted by MJ
Blade have you seen the mag they offer a copy of Night Of The Living Dead on dvd if you send off the coupon
If you send them a coupon from their magazine, they're supposed to send you Night of the Living Dead for free? Or is it for shipping and handling? If it's for shipping and handling, I'd be extremely surprised to find that it's available to you in Australia. The reason being that the postage would be quite a bit higher than what I imagine the coupon states.

But if I get a chance, I'll give 'em a call for you tomorrow.

Mr K sorry to be a bit rude but you could of answered my question a week or so ago, it took a bit of fowardness and nounce to actually get a reply and thats sad
Hey, ease up there a bit, my fine Australian friend! :) Geoff is pretty much running a one man show here. Besides all the posts on this forum, he gets hundreds of emails every day and is constantly researching new deals and new content for the site. Heck, sometimes he doesn't reply to MY emails. :) It's not personal, just too few hands for too much work.

In my experience, he does a great job, and I've benefitted greatly from his website (which is why I volunteered to be a moderator in the first place). I'm willing to overlook the occassional slow email response.

At the risk of pissing the mod off i also believe that Mr Kleinman should also look into the "deal" that he announces as there are 10 that I read and whether DVD Talk forum members will be looked after and not ripped off
Not sure which 10 deals you are referring to, but I do know that Geoff does take care to do business with only reputable companies and organizations. Of course, nothing is a guarantee, and problems can happen, but during the almost 3 years that I've been here, I don't recall a single unresolved problem with his contests.

GeoffK 11-30-01 01:12 AM

Originally posted by MJ
I take a VERY active interest in making sure the companies we work with take care of our members. A lot goes on behind the scenes which DVD Talkers benefit from but don't really realize or are aware of.

Also know as it's been stated in this thread, that DVD Talk isn't a huge corp with a big staff, it's a very lean company and so I'm always playing catchup trying to make sure everyone gets their questions answered and their issues taken care of.

Hopefully this offer will infact work for you.....

- G

ChiTownAbs, Inc 11-30-01 11:44 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman

Also know as it's been stated in this thread, that DVD Talk isn't a huge corp with a big staff....
- G

Pecking order at DVDTalk:

Chairman of the Board: gkleinman
CEO: gkleinman
President: gkleinman
Secretary: gkleinman
Lead Technology Officer: gkleinman
Assistant Lead Technology Officer: gkleinman
Director of Operations: gkleinman
Janitor: gkleinman
Assistant Janitor: gkleinman

:D

RoQuEr 12-01-01 09:08 AM

Originally posted by ChiTownAbs

Pecking order at DVDTalk:

Assistant Janitor: gkleinman

:D

Gallant Pig 12-01-01 10:24 PM

Melon Herder: randyc

MJ 12-02-01 06:43 PM

So Blade, what did you find out?

Blade 12-03-01 04:23 AM

Originally posted by MJ
So Blade, what did you find out?
Too busy on Friday. I'll try later this morning (only about 12:25am here in HI).

-David

Blade 12-03-01 01:21 PM

Ok, just got off the phone with them.

First, adboy was correct, the US and Canada are the only countries that may participate in the promotion.

Secondly, they've run out of copies already anyway.

Sorry I didn't have better information for you.

By the way, in general, coupon promotions like this are rarely good for countries other than the US and Canada because of the problems of different shipping carriers and costs.

-David