Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

can we crack down a little on the anti p&s threads?

Old 08-22-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

can we crack down a little on the anti p&s threads?

Before I get flamed, I hate P&S and always choose widescreen...

Jesus there is a lot of elitism going on in the DVD talk forum... There are an abnormal # of threads lately that go like this...

"I work at (shopped at, went to, etc.) X store and saw some loser complaining about not being able to get his dvds full frame... he should be skinned alive, covered in gasoline, and burned in front of his kids."

While I think that p&s is a rip off, can there at least be a one and only "Joe 6 pack and his P&S stories thread" I have no problem with the petition WB threads, or even the thread about BB only carrying the P&S SOTL since at least that thread is serving as a warning, but if we can only have one Star Wars thread, which is actually discussing movies, I don't think that this is too much to ask.
Old 08-22-01, 01:05 AM

I rather like your idea of a One & Only "Joe 6 pack and his P&S stories" thread. And since this forum is so pro-widescreen, why would anyone here want there to be a lot of threads devoted to the discussion of pan and scan?
Old 08-22-01, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree, all those threads are getting annoying. They're pointless. Make a one and only thread and let people post all they want in there. There's no useful reason for the threads.
Old 08-22-01, 09:59 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

On a somewhat related note: The Silence if the Lambs DVD shown in the ad at the top of the page is full-screen format. MGM offers 2 versions: the one in widescreen format has a red Special Edition banner, not silver as shown.
Old 08-22-01, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by kuroiinu
On a somewhat related note: The Silence if the Lambs DVD shown in the ad at the top of the page is full-screen format. MGM offers 2 versions: the one in widescreen format has a red Special Edition banner, not silver as shown.
Oh no, Geoff's one of "them" now!

(You'll have to excuse me, I got "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" in the mail today.)
Old 08-29-01, 12:35 AM
Psi
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Silence if the Lambs DVD shown in the ad at the top of the page is full-screen format. MGM offers 2 versions: the one in widescreen format has a red Special Edition banner, not silver as shown.
Hey someone fixed it. Now it feels more like a classy DVD joint. Thanks.