Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Geoff, the Other forum mods are acting childish and immature.

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Geoff, the Other forum mods are acting childish and immature.

Old 08-14-01, 10:31 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Jules Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: wandering the earth like Caine in the Kung-Fu
Posts: 19,931
Geoff, the Other forum mods are acting childish and immature.

<----Do you condone this type of behavior? Smoothie(No Nuts). Yesterday, it was has only one nut! Honestly, Geoff, whats to stop them from changing my name to Jewel Winfield? I am deeply emotional right now. I've never seen such debauchery in my life!! I shall accept a mod-ship for being treated this way.
Jules Winfield is offline  
Old 08-14-01, 10:39 PM
  #2  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: LA Staples Center
Posts: 13,733
Come on Jules....you know the Other Forum is their own personal playground
Kenwood is offline  
Old 08-14-01, 11:31 PM
  #3  
Registered
 
GeoffK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Marblehead, MA
Posts: 6,948
I posted a note to the mods about this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention
GeoffK is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 01:51 AM
  #4  
Super Moderator
 
RandyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: shine on you crazy diamond
Posts: 26,038
Kenwood, it was our playground before we were asked to be mods, you know that. In spite of my efforts to handle the responsibility of being a mod seriously when I felt it should be serious, I never intended on forgetting the main reason I was in the Other forum.

Right now, that reason seems a bit distant.
RandyC is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 05:26 AM
  #5  
Enormous Genitals
 
Bandoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Posts: 33,109
I thought it was damn_funny, and everyone who was the subject of the jokes appeared willing (even eager) to participate.

Bandoman is online now  
Old 08-15-01, 06:39 AM
  #6  
dek
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Posts: 11,311
Everyone knows you had 1 nut Jules, they just brought it to everyone's attention that you had that last nut removed and now you are smoothie.



dek is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 11:04 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Jules Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: wandering the earth like Caine in the Kung-Fu
Posts: 19,931
Originally posted by dek
Everyone knows you had 1 nut Jules, they just brought it to everyone's attention that you had that last nut removed and now you are smoothie.



Geoff, actually I was pretty cool with it. This was kind of a joke thread but you the boss.
Jules Winfield is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 12:40 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Shackled
Posts: 35,372
A word to the wise, consider who you're having fun with. Some people, apparently, don't understand that a post to Geoff in the feedback forum will always be taken seriously.
Bushdog is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 12:56 PM
  #9  
dek
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Posts: 11,311
Originally posted by Bushdog
A word to the wise, consider who you're having fun with. Some people, apparently, don't understand that a post to Geoff in the feedback forum will always be taken seriously.

Word. Can I be Mr. Avalanche please
dek is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 05:10 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 7,985
Personally, I think it adds a lot to the forum that our mods are lighthearted and enjoy having fun with the regulars on Other. They do their job and they do it well, but they also cut up like all the rest of us. It would kind of suck if the mods were only there for the soul purpose of policing the place. They get into the spirit with us, which is how it should be. We should be careful of calling them on something that was meant as a lighthearted joke.

I know your post was meant as a joke, Jules, but since some people have taken you seriously, I wanted to state my opinion.
Boot is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 08:42 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Jules Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: wandering the earth like Caine in the Kung-Fu
Posts: 19,931
Originally posted by Bushdog
A word to the wise, consider who you're having fun with. Some people, apparently, don't understand that a post to Geoff in the feedback forum will always be taken seriously.
Damn, that sucks. Sorry if you guys got scolded over this.
Jules Winfield is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:15 PM
  #12  
dek
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Posts: 11,311
Originally posted by dek



Word. Can I be Mr. Avalanche please

Whoever hooked it up, a thousand thanks
dek is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:30 PM
  #13  
Registered
 
GeoffK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Marblehead, MA
Posts: 6,948
I take posts in the Feedback forum VERY seriously. And when it's in here there's no context to the situation. I jumped at my mods (which is consistant with my feeling like crap), and now feel bad about it.
GeoffK is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:30 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: US
Posts: 9,629
Geoff, I'll second (or 3rd, or whatever) the thought that it added a lot of amusement to the other forum over the last few days (or weeks even with Keyser 'Sade') with the name games. I think the people involved were amused, as were those watching. I would hope the mods weren't given notice to not partake in that kind of activity in the future, as that is what makes the other forum different and better than most on the net.

Dave
Dave99 is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:41 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Jules Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: wandering the earth like Caine in the Kung-Fu
Posts: 19,931
Originally posted by gkleinman
I take posts in the Feedback forum VERY seriously. And when it's in here there's no context to the situation. I jumped at my mods (which is consistant with my feeling like crap), and now feel bad about it.
Very sorry, Geoff. I added the winky smiley to let everyone know about the joke. Plus, I'm usually a joke and no one takes me seriously usually.
Jules Winfield is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:44 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 18,212
Oh Jules jules jules....bad joke.

I don't know about you, but OTHER has a world of it's own.

In that section it's a community unlike any you can't find in the other sections of dvdtalk.com.

I for one was happy the mods have such a great sense of humor. They totally fit in lovely with the crowd, and let's face it, many cracked up at the name changes! I know I did

To be honest, that past time was hilarious, and it seems to me EVERYONE loved it.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been joking around with Cool Kitten, in which because I did joke around, new doors opened up, we saw the Jules Testicle claw grip smiley created from another member, more laughs came about it, and seriously, it's happy times like this we need when we're stuck with hard labor, wrongful deaths in our world, and stupid Warner screwing our asses.

I just hope that the mods are taking it well like the great sportsmans that they are, and continue contributing to "other" the way they always have. We have some EXCELLENT mods who crack down immediately on freaking A-holes who continue to re-register when fully knowing they been banned mulitiple times.

We can't afford to lose good mods like this by the way. At this time, we don't need a change here at dvdtalk.com I feel in my opinion, especially when many months ago, lots of members broke out, and many were repulsed not to post ever.

-Pestilence
Sonic is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 09:54 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
Jules Winfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: wandering the earth like Caine in the Kung-Fu
Posts: 19,931
Originally posted by Pestilence
Oh Jules jules jules....bad joke.

I don't know about you, but OTHER has a world of it's own.

In that section it's a community unlike any you can't find in the other sections of dvdtalk.com.

I for one was happy the mods have such a great sense of humor. They totally fit in lovely with the crowd, and let's face it, many cracked up at the name changes! I know I did

To be honest, that past time was hilarious, and it seems to me EVERYONE loved it.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been joking around with Cool Kitten, in which because I did joke around, new doors opened up, we saw the Jules Testicle claw grip smiley created from another member, more laughs came about it, and seriously, it's happy times like this we need when we're stuck with hard labor, wrongful deaths in our world, and stupid Warner screwing our asses.

I just hope that the mods are taking it well like the great sportsmans that they are, and continue contributing to "other" the way they always have. We have some EXCELLENT mods who crack down immediately on freaking A-holes who continue to re-register when fully knowing they been banned mulitiple times.

We can't afford to lose good mods like this by the way. At this time, we don't need a change here at dvdtalk.com I feel in my opinion, especially when many months ago, lots of members broke out, and many were repulsed not to post ever.

-Pestilence
I hope the mods don't get dropped or anything. I just know I've seen joke threads in here before. I don't want this to escalate. I just to apologize to both the mods and Geoff. I tried as much as possible to make my initial post humorous. I wholeheartedly endorse the mods changing names, etc. but it seems maybe I brought out people who didn't with this thread. Sorry, everyone and next time, I'll try to post with a serious mind in this feedback forum.
Jules Winfield is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 10:23 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 16,384
you have been bad Jules

even i know that the feedback forum is a serious one
Original Desmond is offline  
Old 08-15-01, 10:31 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 36,981
does this mean Jules is a mod now!?!?!


I will back Jules on there being other joke threads in here like the mars bars thread and all but it dont matter, all of this is water under the bridge, lets get back to our regularly scheduled program....
Venusian is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 01:01 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cool As Ice
Posts: 18,483
I loved being The Frosty Feline... I was having a blast. No hard feelings from me. I look at it as harmless fun.
As a matter of fact, i think it would be great if everyone had their own handles...
Cool Kitten is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 01:43 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: In a place without the cursed couch
Posts: 20,590


You go away for one day.....
Thunderball is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 12:14 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Dr_Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: the igloo
Posts: 6,719
...and Jules screws everything up.
Dr_Evil is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 01:01 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: In a place without the cursed couch
Posts: 20,590
Originally posted by Dr_Evil
...and Jules screws everything up.

Thunderball is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 03:19 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 2,521
Jules: you broke an Otter Club rule

Jules, you know the rules of Fight Club, right? I think they apply to Otter Club as well. I'm sure the mods will repremand you acceptably
AgtFox is offline  
Old 08-16-01, 04:01 PM
  #25  
Uber Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Overlooking Pearl Harbor
Posts: 16,232
Yet another important lesson in context and keeping the Other forum in the Other forum.

This seems to have gone it's course so I'm going to close this so we can put this episode behind us.
Blade is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.