DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Geoff, the Other forum mods are acting childish and immature. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/133964-geoff-other-forum-mods-acting-childish-immature.html)

Jules Winfield 08-14-01 09:31 PM

Geoff, the Other forum mods are acting childish and immature.

<----Do you condone this type of behavior? Smoothie(No Nuts). Yesterday, it was has only one nut! Honestly, Geoff, whats to stop them from changing my name to Jewel Winfield? I am deeply emotional right now. I've never seen such debauchery in my life!! I shall accept a mod-ship for being treated this way. ;)

Kenwood 08-14-01 09:39 PM

Come on Jules....you know the Other Forum is their own personal playground ;)

GeoffK 08-14-01 10:31 PM

I posted a note to the mods about this.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

RandyC 08-15-01 12:51 AM

Kenwood, it was our playground before we were asked to be mods, you know that. In spite of my efforts to handle the responsibility of being a mod seriously when I felt it should be serious, I never intended on forgetting the main reason I was in the Other forum.

Right now, that reason seems a bit distant.

Bandoman 08-15-01 04:26 AM

I thought it was damn_funny, and everyone who was the subject of the jokes appeared willing (even eager) to participate.

:(

dek 08-15-01 05:39 AM

Everyone knows you had 1 nut Jules, they just brought it to everyone's attention that you had that last nut removed and now you are smoothie.

http://web7417a.ntx.net/mannequin/ebay0003/Jessica2.jpg

:p

Jules Winfield 08-15-01 10:04 AM

Originally posted by dek
Everyone knows you had 1 nut Jules, they just brought it to everyone's attention that you had that last nut removed and now you are smoothie.

http://web7417a.ntx.net/mannequin/ebay0003/Jessica2.jpg

:p

:p Geoff, actually I was pretty cool with it. This was kind of a joke thread but you the boss.

Bushdog 08-15-01 11:40 AM

A word to the wise, consider who you're having fun with. Some people, apparently, don't understand that a post to Geoff in the feedback forum will always be taken seriously.

dek 08-15-01 11:56 AM

Originally posted by Bushdog
A word to the wise, consider who you're having fun with. Some people, apparently, don't understand that a post to Geoff in the feedback forum will always be taken seriously.

Word. Can I be Mr. Avalanche please :)

Boot 08-15-01 04:10 PM

Personally, I think it adds a lot to the forum that our mods are lighthearted and enjoy having fun with the regulars on Other. They do their job and they do it well, but they also cut up like all the rest of us. It would kind of suck if the mods were only there for the soul purpose of policing the place. They get into the spirit with us, which is how it should be. We should be careful of calling them on something that was meant as a lighthearted joke.

I know your post was meant as a joke, Jules, but since some people have taken you seriously, I wanted to state my opinion.

Jules Winfield 08-15-01 07:42 PM

Originally posted by Bushdog
Damn, that sucks. Sorry if you guys got scolded over this. :(

dek 08-15-01 08:15 PM

Originally posted by dek

Word. Can I be Mr. Avalanche please :)

Whoever hooked it up, a thousand thanks :)

GeoffK 08-15-01 08:30 PM

I take posts in the Feedback forum VERY seriously. And when it's in here there's no context to the situation. I jumped at my mods (which is consistant with my feeling like crap), and now feel bad about it.

Dave99 08-15-01 08:30 PM

Geoff, I'll second (or 3rd, or whatever) the thought that it added a lot of amusement to the other forum over the last few days (or weeks even with Keyser 'Sade') with the name games. I think the people involved were amused, as were those watching. I would hope the mods weren't given notice to not partake in that kind of activity in the future, as that is what makes the other forum different and better than most on the net.

Dave

Jules Winfield 08-15-01 08:41 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman
I take posts in the Feedback forum VERY seriously. And when it's in here there's no context to the situation. I jumped at my mods (which is consistant with my feeling like crap), and now feel bad about it.
Very sorry, Geoff. I added the winky smiley to let everyone know about the joke. Plus, I'm usually a joke and no one takes me seriously usually.

Sonic 08-15-01 08:44 PM

Oh Jules jules jules....bad joke. :(

I don't know about you, but OTHER has a world of it's own.

In that section it's a community unlike any you can't find in the other sections of dvdtalk.com.

I for one was happy the mods have such a great sense of humor. They totally fit in lovely with the crowd, and let's face it, many cracked up at the name changes! I know I did :lol:

To be honest, that past time was hilarious, and it seems to me EVERYONE loved it.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been joking around with Cool Kitten, in which because I did joke around, new doors opened up, we saw the Jules Testicle claw grip smiley created from another member, more laughs came about it, and seriously, it's happy times like this we need when we're stuck with hard labor, wrongful deaths in our world, and stupid Warner screwing our asses.

I just hope that the mods are taking it well like the great sportsmans that they are, and continue contributing to "other" the way they always have. We have some EXCELLENT mods who crack down immediately on freaking A-holes who continue to re-register when fully knowing they been banned mulitiple times.

We can't afford to lose good mods like this by the way. At this time, we don't need a change here at dvdtalk.com I feel in my opinion, especially when many months ago, lots of members broke out, and many were repulsed not to post ever.

-Pestilence

Jules Winfield 08-15-01 08:54 PM

Originally posted by Pestilence
Oh Jules jules jules....bad joke. :(

I don't know about you, but OTHER has a world of it's own.

In that section it's a community unlike any you can't find in the other sections of dvdtalk.com.

I for one was happy the mods have such a great sense of humor. They totally fit in lovely with the crowd, and let's face it, many cracked up at the name changes! I know I did :lol:

To be honest, that past time was hilarious, and it seems to me EVERYONE loved it.

If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been joking around with Cool Kitten, in which because I did joke around, new doors opened up, we saw the Jules Testicle claw grip smiley created from another member, more laughs came about it, and seriously, it's happy times like this we need when we're stuck with hard labor, wrongful deaths in our world, and stupid Warner screwing our asses.

I just hope that the mods are taking it well like the great sportsmans that they are, and continue contributing to "other" the way they always have. We have some EXCELLENT mods who crack down immediately on freaking A-holes who continue to re-register when fully knowing they been banned mulitiple times.

We can't afford to lose good mods like this by the way. At this time, we don't need a change here at dvdtalk.com I feel in my opinion, especially when many months ago, lots of members broke out, and many were repulsed not to post ever.

-Pestilence

I hope the mods don't get dropped or anything. I just know I've seen joke threads in here before. I don't want this to escalate. I just to apologize to both the mods and Geoff. I tried as much as possible to make my initial post humorous. I wholeheartedly endorse the mods changing names, etc. but it seems maybe I brought out people who didn't with this thread. Sorry, everyone and next time, I'll try to post with a serious mind in this feedback forum.

Original Desmond 08-15-01 09:23 PM

you have been bad Jules

even i know that the feedback forum is a serious one :)

Venusian 08-15-01 09:31 PM

does this mean Jules is a mod now!?!?!

I will back Jules on there being other joke threads in here like the mars bars thread and all but it dont matter, all of this is water under the bridge, lets get back to our regularly scheduled program....

Cool Kitten 08-16-01 12:01 AM

I loved being The Frosty Feline... I was having a blast. No hard feelings from me. I look at it as harmless fun. http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/ck.gif
As a matter of fact, i think it would be great if everyone had their own handles...

Thunderball 08-16-01 12:43 AM

:confused:

You go away for one day.....

Dr_Evil 08-16-01 11:14 AM

...and Jules screws everything up. :D

Thunderball 08-16-01 12:01 PM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
...and Jules screws everything up. :D

rotfl

AgtFox 08-16-01 02:19 PM

Jules: you broke an Otter Club rule

Jules, you know the rules of Fight Club, right? I think they apply to Otter Club as well. I'm sure the mods will repremand you acceptably ;)

Blade 08-16-01 03:01 PM

Yet another important lesson in context and keeping the Other forum in the Other forum.

This seems to have gone it's course so I'm going to close this so we can put this episode behind us.