Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

REQ: More info added to DVD Reviews?

Old 08-08-01, 10:47 AM

REQ: More info added to DVD Reviews?

Is there a way to add the release date, the review date, and/or studio info for DVD reviews?

I was interested in reading a review of 'The Philadelphia Story', but it took me a while to figure out that it must be a review of the old version, since the new MGM version has more extras and 5.1 sound. There was no posting date of the original review, no release date of the DVD, and no studio information listed (except that Chris did mention Warner in the text of his review).

It was only because of the obvious differences between the old and new versions that was I was able to figure out that the review was for the older disc, not this year's re-release...

Alan
Old 08-08-01, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The Studio Info is available now on the new review server (about 4 months old?), so that info should be included with the newer reviews, and Geoff usually puts that in for us when he updates the review list.

The date the title was reviewed is actually viewable by the individual reviewers (for instance, I can tell the exact date I reviewed all my reviews, but no one elses)...

Adam would know more about all this than me tho, as he designed/implemented the new review server...maybe he'll drop by and let us know how possible it is to add them

I think having the release date on the reviews is a good idea
Old 08-08-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

This is all changing with the new software I wrote, which will go up any day now.