Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Quick suggestion for the new "Our Week in DVD & Movies" column

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 07-15-01, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

You might want to change the title from "A Talk With Peyton Reed" to something else.
Old 07-16-01, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree, good suggestion.
Old 07-16-01, 12:37 PM
Registered

Thanks... That title was a carryover from the template I used for that page, forgot to fix the title.... DONE.

So... What did you think of the column?
Old 07-16-01, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

I like the sort of informal, chatty feel. I'm sure maintaining this forum keeps you busy, but it's kind of a rare opportunity to actually hear you talk about DVDs.

Possible suggestions -- maybe you could add a list of releases for the upcoming week in keeping with the "this week" theme or link to some of the reviews for titles coming out in a particular week. I was thinking about adding an optional 'release date' field in the next version of the review software anyway, and maybe that could somehow come into play with that.
Old 07-16-01, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hey Geoff, like the new column. I like the informal style of simply chatting about the films you've seen this week and what you liked/disliked about them. I definitely like how you make a connection from a well-known film to a lesser known one with links for those of us who would like to find out more. I hope that becomes a regular feature because we all need to share those lesser known gems that seem to sometimes slip past us.

I like ctyner's idea, too. This column would be a good place for a complete bullet list of dvd releases.

Anyways, wtg
Old 07-17-01, 12:42 AM
Registered

Thanks! I enjoyed writing the column, and I've already started on next weeks (after watching Josey and The Pussycats tonight).

Good idea about the week's releases and such. If it doesn't get too long winded I might post some thoughts on movies coming out in the week ahead. Like I went to school with the son of the director who did Bagdad Cafe

Ctyner, I owe you an e-mail with thoughts about the next rev of the review software
Old 07-17-01, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

You're obligated to give Josie and the Pussycats a positive review.

Honestly, I think I am the only person on Earth who enjoyed this movie at all. I saw it twice theatrically, have the soundtrack, and I would admit to having three Josie and the Pussycats dolls on my dresser, but I don't want anyone to think I'm any more of a sad little boy than they already do.
Old 07-17-01, 10:59 AM
Registered

I'm going to make a little boy very uhappy then.... But I also didn't like Austin Powers 2.
Old 07-17-01, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

LOL, well, I'll write a positive review when the disc streets then. FWIW, I didn't care for Austin Powers II <i>at all</i>.