Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Against "Deal Censorship"...

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Against "Deal Censorship"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-01, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why was the thread referred to here :

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=103945

locked?

I didnt get a chance to read the original, but from Pilot's post it sounded "he didn't think it was a good deal" or something.

Translates pretty much into : dvdtalk does not get any affiliate money, so it goes away.

Yes, this is Geoff's site, and he can do what he bloody well wants, I respect that!! I do what I want on my sites too.

But, I am a bit concerned that deals like this is shut down, eb*tes is censored out etc etc. We all click through
dvdtalk links when we can, but if it gets to a point when only dvdtalk deals are "legal" the value of this site is greatly reduced.

I know Geoff' wants to make money, we all do, but if this site looses it's status as an awesome place to find dvd deals, I think it would be a shame.

No flaming of anyone intended, I am just genuinely concerned.

Peace.
Old 04-27-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok,

I re-opened the thread per talking with the creator of the thread. I felt that it was not appropriate. We usually close deals that are posted on other sites like this. This is something that anyone could EASILY create and do. I emailed Geoff, to see what he thought, as it is his site, and he has the last word. If he chooses to keep it open, that's his decision.

Old 04-27-01, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Pilot.

Here is another one :

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=103923

Even though, I agree it should be closed because there are 20000 threads on cyberrebates, I think the motivation "we dont want to encourage these kinds of deals" is worrying.

I am sure it's just me thats anal, but I think the readers should have the chance to make up their own mind on whether a deal is good for them or not.

(And isn't there an affilliate thing with cyberrebates anyway?)
Old 04-27-01, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ravan,
actually i think all cyberrebates threads should be closed. this is a scam waiting to fail. when it does everyone will lose 10 times the value of what they bought.

not a deal at all.
see other cyberrebates thread here and in the store forum.