DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Bring back the location line under our name when we post (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/102249-bring-back-location-line-under-our-name-when-we-post.html)

codefree 04-19-01 08:05 PM

Please. :)

GeoffK 04-19-01 08:25 PM

Will be there when we move to the next version of the forum software soon

sfsdfd 04-19-01 10:26 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman
Lemme guess. The next version of the software will be more stable, user-friendly, and have better access to the Internet too, right?

/me wonders if <b>gkleinman</b> = <b>bgates</b> :D

- David Stein

Soup Nazi 04-19-01 11:24 PM

Originally posted by sfsdfd

Lemme guess. The next version of the software will be more stable, user-friendly, and have better access to the Internet too, right?

/me wonders if <b>gkleinman</b> = <b>bgates</b> :D

- David Stein

rotfl

Bushdog 04-20-01 08:12 AM

Give it a chance guys. I got a look at the new setup and it really is a lot more flexible. You'll all see it *very* soon.

catware 04-20-01 03:18 PM

Agreed. I was about to start a thread with this same suggestion. Location info is an order of magnitude more useful than post counts. Too often people will post references to stores near them, with no indication of where that is. Also, I think it should be required to have an accurate geographical location listed, for the same reason as above.

codefree 04-20-01 07:05 PM

Thanks as always Geoff! :)

codefree 04-24-01 04:37 PM

Since that new forum software didn't work out I thought I'd bump this request to the top again. Thanks! :)

rangersfan 04-24-01 06:56 PM

If you want user locations in vB 1.1.6, they will have to be hacked in.

Master J 04-24-01 08:19 PM

I would like to see the location function put in somehow. It looks like Geoff did away with post counts this time also. I wonder if there is some way to put the location in place of where the post counts used to be.

J

rangersfan 04-24-01 08:29 PM

There isn't without making a small hack to the code (as I said in the previous post).

GeoffK 04-24-01 08:54 PM

At this point we're not looking to do ANY hacks to the forum, things are running fantastic right now and after this weekend I just don't want to mess with anything.

codefree 04-24-01 09:11 PM

At this point we're not looking to do ANY hacks to the forum, things are running fantastic right now and after this weekend I just don't want to mess with anything.
Thanks for addressing this request again. Your position on this matter is completely understandable as the forum is running a lot better now. Hopefully the location line can return in due time. ;)