DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support-4/)
-   -   Universal Studios questions (no, not yet...sorry) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/forum-feedback-support/100964-universal-studios-questions-no-not-yet-sorry.html)

Sem 07-02-01 10:42 AM

Somehow I think they don't want 20,149 dvdtalkers and 90, 742 newsletter subscribers (or whatever the current count is) to become angry at them... ;)

Bushdog 07-02-01 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
You know, I'm wondering, did Universal ever have any intention of answering these questions or was this a big, slick marketing ploy? Universal seems to milk the marketing aspect of DVD, with their "Ultimate" reissues, Director's Cut reissues and the like. Seems to me they basically used DVDTalk as a free survey, and took the information (ie questions) and ran.
I'd bet against them being so shortsighted. Odds are they are busy dealing with a lot of things, esp. in the soft economy and are understaffed.

chunk 07-24-01 12:51 PM

Should we even bother holding out hope that we'll get any response? I can't even remember what question I asked anyway.

GeoffK 07-24-01 01:14 PM

I spoke to them the other week and asked if this was 'dead'. They said not dead.... But don't know when we'll see them.

What can I say?

Adboy151 07-24-01 03:25 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman
I spoke to them the other week and asked if this was 'dead'. They said not dead.... But don't know when we'll see them.

What can I say?

Maybe we should 'repackage' our questions as Questions from DVD Talk: The Ultimate Edition and see if they'll 'buy it' a second time. :p

GeoffK 07-24-01 05:39 PM

Originally posted by adboy151

Maybe we should 'repackage' our questions as Questions from DVD Talk: The Ultimate Edition and see if they'll 'buy it' a second time. :p

ROTFL

Bobou2 07-26-01 12:35 AM

Originally posted by gkleinman

ROTFL

ditto made tonight's surfing worth it

codefree 07-26-01 03:30 AM

Originally posted by adboy151

:lol: Now that's comedy! :)

TemporalFlux 08-14-01 03:09 AM

Just as long as Lucas isn't involved

Attack of the Cloned Questions!

So no new word from Uni on this yet?

Ford Prefect 08-14-01 11:26 PM

TemporalFlux huh? Cool name. I used to know a guy who went by that on Universal's SLIDERS forum.

Speaking of SLIDERS, anyone else hope that Universal releases seasons 1 & 2 (the only truly great seasons of the show) on DVD sometime soon?

LBPound 08-15-01 10:59 AM

So.... :)

AgtFox 09-04-01 04:23 PM

Maybe we need to make a bet. Since The Grinch's annoucement supposedly moved the Universal questions back (sure has taken a long time for them to announce The Grinch, eh? ;)). Maybe we should have an over/under on whether the questions will be answered before or after The Grinch is actually out on DVD. November 20th...over/under anyone? :)

LBPound 09-18-01 01:32 AM

Originally posted by AgtFox
Maybe we need to make a bet. Since The Grinch's annoucement supposedly moved the Universal questions back (sure has taken a long time for them to announce The Grinch, eh? ;)). Maybe we should have an over/under on whether the questions will be answered before or after The Grinch is actually out on DVD. November 20th...over/under anyone? :)
Well, I think Universal has good enough reason for the delay, with last week's events and all....wait half a darn minute....eh, never mind. I guess we'll see them soon.

Spoiler:
Yeah, right.

Thanks anyway, Geoff, for taking the effort to coordinate this. The Star Wars I questions were handled nicely too. Excellent work, Geoff!

Master J 10-17-01 07:01 PM

Is Universal still working on the announcement of the Grinch? :)

It would be one thing if we just sent them questions randomly, but if they agree to answer the questoins, they should at least honor their commitment. Get with the program Universal.

I think we nedd to start a petiton. ;)

J

renaldow 10-17-01 08:51 PM

I forgot all about the Universal questions, and I bet Universal did too. I think most people wouldn't have minded a few 'I dunno' answers compared to being ignored altogether. :(

Shame on you Universal. For shame! :D

FullMoon 02-26-02 09:41 PM

Just kidding.

Ford Prefect 02-26-02 11:28 PM

Fullmoon, you could have at least waited another month and done that on April Fools day!

Blade 02-26-02 11:32 PM

Updated thread title to ward off any misunderstandings. ;)

It'll be updated when/if we get a response.

TheBang 02-27-02 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Blade
Updated thread title to ward off any misunderstandings. ;)
I think Universal misunderstood what they were supposed to do with questions once we submitted them. :mad:

bboisvert 02-28-02 10:31 AM

:) I had honestly forgotten about this whole thing. That's the best... a full year late with the answers.

Hey -- it looks like LEGEND is finally coming out soon. Maybe we'll get our answers too? ;)

If this ever gets off the ground again, we should really submit new questions. I'm sure a lot of them are not even applicable any more, given how much time has passed.

Gallant Pig 03-02-02 12:22 PM

Originally posted by Todd B.
I think Universal misunderstood what they were supposed to do with questions once we submitted them. :mad:
Yup, pump them into their marketing machine and filter our questions/wants into their marketing plan without sharing any of the possible answers or even replying to Geoff. Universal screwed DVDTalk royally.

Jason Northrup 03-03-02 10:00 AM

I'm guessing that what's going to happen is they're going to make it so that we get positive answers to most of the questions, then answer them (notice how BTTF roumors and evidence is getting larger). Just my oppinion.

Gallant Pig 06-10-02 05:21 AM

So what ever happened with this? ;)

LurkerDan 06-10-02 04:40 PM

Originally posted by cartman
:lol: I'd never seen this thread! I love the dates on the posts! :lol:
And it just gets funnier! I don't even know what it's about and I'm laughing...

GeoffK 06-10-02 04:45 PM

Not going to get answers from them.

Sorry Case Closed.

Thred Closed

Bummer.

- G