Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

Old 05-21-02, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From cameroncroweonline.com:

Vanilla Sky
"…The other featurette "Hitting It Hard" is a 9 1/2 minute look at Cameron's world wide press tour (with Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz). The big news here is that they are also working on a longer version of this (60 - 90 minutes) which should hopefully see a release in a year or so. There was a very short window for the gang to cull everything they wanted for the DVD and it just couldn't happen. With a May 21st release, they really only had a few months to get it ready, so we can look forward to a separate DVD release of additional things (such as the longer "Hitting It Hard", deleted scenes, etc.) ala The Matrix Revisited or possibly in a Super Duper 2 Disc Special Edition (like the Untitled DVD). Be patient, this will get done when it's done, so don't expect anything for awhile (like 12 - 24 months). "

From cameroncroweonline.com’s Greg Mariotti about Vanilla Sky SE after I e-mailed him about the above information:

“The information comes directly from Cameron and his folks over at Vinyl Films. I'm a big collector myself and know all about "double dipping". This second Vanilla Sky will happen. They have not committed to a time or if it will be a new release or a "matrix revisited" extras type DVD.”

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-25-02, 07:39 AM

“Apocalypse Now” will eventually get a SE treatment. Don’t expect it anytime soon, though. Might be years away, but news comes from American Zoetrope.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:07 AM.
Old 05-30-02, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't heard a word on any reissue of this title. Where did you hear it? The current DVD is ANAMORPHIC and a good transfer to boot.
Old 06-05-02, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Mikko, They Live & Prince of Darkness have been released in R2. Don‘t know if that affects your listing. They’re anamorphic with commentary tracks. Pretty tough to track down due to Germany’s restrictions over selling 18 rated product on the net.
Old 06-05-02, 04:20 PM
Banned

Peter Staddon of Fox has confirmed that there are no plans for The Fly (1986) SE for at least the next 18 months.

"F***!" is what I'm thinking!

- Seth Brundle
Old 06-11-02, 12:13 AM
Banned

Any word on 8 million ways to die, or a Martin Scorcese box set?
Old 06-11-02, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mikko Rasinkangas, is the MISERY SE a R1 release?
Old 06-11-02, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: True Romance + Update

Originally posted by Mikko Rasinkangas
So, I wouldn't get my hopes up of this Media Blasters re-release being better. I'll add it to the list anyway. But I wouldn't go selling my Anchor Bay version at this point. If someone has info about the specs, please let me know.
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/index.cgi?page=News&id=3264

Any word on 8 million ways to die....

Not yet been released at all so would not qualify as a re-release which is what Mikko’s thread is concerned with.
Old 06-11-02, 06:19 AM

The Misery at BBFC is R2 but that would suggest that a R1 release might be in the works. Lately MGM has been releasing stuff first on R2. Nothing official but all the signs say it is eventually coming.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-12-02, 11:57 PM

Update

Adding “Return of the living dead” on the list. It is rumored that if the release in August sells well, MGM might fork out the cash to make a special edition director’s cut release. But everything seems to be hanging on the success of the first release.

And a bit sad news: it has been reported that the re-release of Poltergeist has been cancelled. That sucks. I recently sold my old copy. I’ll change it to a rumored title. This was not Warners decicion. Apparently it was Steven Spielbergs camp, who prevented the release. Hopefully they will change their minds.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:12 AM.
Old 06-15-02, 06:09 PM

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=76468

you can add FINAL FANTASY In dts on August 27
Old 06-21-02, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

THE GAME SE is being released by Universal this summer!

I'm not sure if this was already mention, but THE GAME SE is officially being released by Universal this summer. The street date is 8/27 and specs will follow. Now I only hope that they actually release this film so finally we'll have an anamorphic transfer - and it's only few weeks before PANIC ROOM hits DVD.
I found this out over at thedigitalbits.com today.
Old 06-22-02, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mikko, maybe not. A spokesperson from Universal said via another forum (I just can't remember where) that THE GAME
will indeed be a SE. I hope that this is really true, although
I tend to agree with you (Mikko) that August is not a lot of time.
Stranger things have happened, so we'll have to wait and see.
It ain't over yet...
Old 06-25-02, 05:32 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

what r the odds for 12 monkeys to be released as UE?
Old 06-25-02, 03:09 PM

Does anyone else think that we need a petition to Steven Spielberg to get that Poltergeist SE back in the works!
Old 06-30-02, 06:19 PM

Originally posted by Mikko Rasinkangas
Well there is a reply somewhere in this thread that said that films like As Good As It Gets, Ronin etc are getting re-released. I added them to the list but there hasn't been any news of them after that.
I'm also wondering what extras any re-release of these titles will contain, since 'Ronin' already has a Frankenheimer commentary, an alternate ending, and is anamorphic; and the current 'As Good As It Gets' has a commentary by James L. Brooks, Jack Nicholson, Helen Hunt, Greg Kinnear and, I think, Mark Andrus.
Old 07-01-02, 11:33 AM

adam sandley movies

does anyone know if any of his movies will be getting a re-release, wedding singer, waterboy, etc? Best Buy has them really cheap, and was wondering if they are a good buy?

Thanks
Old 07-03-02, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any chance that we'll ever get an ANAMORPHIC transfer
of SCREAM in Region 1? The collector's series of
SCREAM 2 & 3 are both ANAMORPHIC, so why not the first?
Come on Dimension, just re-transfer the damn thing already,
as it really doesn't hold up when displayed over an HDtv.
Enough is enough...
Old 07-03-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does anybody know if history of the world is gonna get an anamorphic transfer and a se.
Old 07-04-02, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry, Rypro 525, I haven't heard any news concerning a HOTW anamorphic remaster. Boy would I love to see one, as the current edition really looks pretty soft over my HDtv. Fingers and toes are crossed...
Old 07-06-02, 10:43 AM

RESTORE "APOCALIPSE NOW" BACK TO IT'S 70'S POLITICALLY INCORRECT VERSION!!!

Will the "Apocalipse Now" SE be the one where the scene with the naked bodies hanging from the palm trees will not be edited out?
Old 07-07-02, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: RESTORE "APOCALIPSE NOW" BACK TO IT'S 70'S POLITICALLY INCORRECT VERSION!!!

Originally posted by migueldart
Will the "Apocalipse Now" SE be the one where the scene with the naked bodies hanging from the palm trees will not be edited out?
so if you can find it, go get the original version. since apparently no se will be made in the near future.
Old 07-08-02, 11:53 AM

empire records

from http://www.dvdtalk.com/ourweek/ Moyle made an interesting point about the ability for him as a Director to go back in and recut his film to match what he had originally invisioned, and restore the film that for one reason or another got cut for theatrical release. Moyle also spoke to the fact that audio commentaries allow you to do things for the fans of a film that nothing else can, and he plans to have a teen trivia track on the upcoming Empire Records DVD with the possibility of 30 additional minutes of footage.

anyone know more about this ? i hope they put the 2 music videos that were on the laserdisc on the dvd.
Old 07-09-02, 10:21 AM
Suspended Pending Valid Email

I discovered on amazon.com that John Woo's Hard-Boiled and The Killer are going to be re-released on 9/3/2002.
Old 07-12-02, 11:19 AM

I have found a interesting piece on the 2-Disk Resident Evil on www.thedigitalbits.com.

Paul Anderson (via Empire Online):

“There was a different ending to start with,” says Anderson, “so that’ll be on the disc. There’ll be a lot of additional commentary, a lot of documentary stuff on the visual effects. We did a special feature where I got together with Marilyn Manson and we talk about scoring the movie, which is an additional shoot that we did, so there’ll be a tonne of stuff. In America they’re doing two versions, the first version is the regular movie with director’s commentary and trailers and stuff like that but then later in the year there’s going to be a special, special edition with… well there’s so much stuff it’ll be on two DVDs.”

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.