Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
Old 09-24-21, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Chad
Print Wikipost

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Old 10-27-21, 09:19 AM
  #851  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Posts: 16,055
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Here's mine:

Favourite horror film: Tough to pick one but if I am going with what I have seen the most, Halloween. The Shinning is up there, too.
Worst horror film you've seen: While there are so many worse made/acted films, no movie has disappointed me more than Jason Goes to Hell
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): When I was a kid, Friday the 13th Part 6 scared the hell out of me but, more recently, Inside totally disturbed me and The Descent unearthed a unknown fear of cramped spaces
Favourite horror icon: Jason
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): I gotta' go with the 80s. The films of my youth.
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: Frozen (no, not the Disney flick ). It's a film from 2010. It's a pretty simple, but terrifying concept.
Old 10-27-21, 11:01 AM
  #852  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,298
Received 220 Likes on 133 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favorite horror film: Rosemary's Baby
Worst horror film you've seen: So, so many. Demon Wind is up there as just pure crap.
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): The acid scene in Let The Right One In
Favorite horror icon: Vincent Price
Favorite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): The 1970s.So many imaginative films before the formulaic 80s franchises ate the genre
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: Dead & Buried (1981).

Last edited by Gobear; 10-27-21 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-27-21, 11:17 AM
  #853  
Senior Member
 
jholmes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Olympic Peninsula, Washington
Posts: 808
Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film: Angel Heart, Rosemary's Baby
Worst horror film you've seen: Eraserhead
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): The head vise scene in Apostle (2018)
Favourite horror icon: Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween (you didn't say it had to be a villain)
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): 70s and 10s
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: The Sentinel (1977)
Old 10-27-21, 11:48 AM
  #854  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,230
Received 124 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film:The Thing, Halloween, Devil rides out
Worst horror film you've seen:halloween 2 remake
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): insidious
Favourite horror icon: cushing, Tom Atkins
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): 80s
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: satans little helper
Old 10-27-21, 12:03 PM
  #855  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Toddarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northeastern Wisconsin
Posts: 4,563
Received 890 Likes on 576 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)Favourite horror film: Dawn Of The Dead ‘78
Worst horror film you've seen: Cabin Fever
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): The first Conjuring still creeps me out at night.
Favourite horror icon: Tom Atkins
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): ‘75 - ‘85
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: Race With The Devil
Old 10-27-21, 12:19 PM
  #856  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
rbrown498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,538
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film: There are too many to pick just one, but The Abominable Dr. Phibes and the original Night of the Living Dead are way, way up on the list

Worst horror film you've seen: Again, they are legion, but Rob Zombie’s Halloween infuriated me like no other film before it. Since then, I’ve hated hated hated Smash Cut, The Devil’s Carnival, and, of course, Killer Tongue…among many, many others.

Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): Again, there are many--from Bava’s Black Sabbath, the “Drop of Water” segment; two scenes in The Witch in the Window; the “knock on the wall” game in The Orphanage; and the elevator scene near the end of the Japanese version of Dark Water.

Favourite horror icon: Vincent Price

Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): the 1970s, followed closely by the 1960s

Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: I don't know what most folks here would consider "lesser known," so here are a few: Dark Water (the Japanese original); The Orphanage; The Witch in the Window; One Cut of the Dead; Saint Nick (a.k.a. Saint); Axe (1974)
Old 10-27-21, 12:35 PM
  #857  
Senior Member
 
numbercrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: new orleans
Posts: 843
Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

favorite horror film: The Exorcist.
worst horror film: howling seven
horror film that scared or disturbed you : hereditary
horror icon : chris lee dracula
favorite era for horror : 70s
lessor known flick we all should see : in a glass cage
Old 10-27-21, 12:47 PM
  #858  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Posts: 16,055
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Favourite horror film: There are too many to pick just one, but The Abominable Dr. Phibes and the original Night of the Living Dead are way, way up on the list

Worst horror film you've seen: Again, they are legion, but Rob Zombie’s Halloween infuriated me like no other film before it. Since then, I’ve hated hated hated Smash Cut, The Devil’s Carnival, and, of course, Killer Tongue…among many, many others.

Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): Again, there are many--from Bava’s Black Sabbath, the “Drop of Water” segment; two scenes in The Witch in the Window; the “knock on the wall” game in The Orphanage; and the elevator scene near the end of the Japanese version of Dark Water.

Favourite horror icon: Vincent Price

Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): the 1970s, followed closely by the 1960s

Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: I don't know what most folks here would consider "lesser known," so here are a few: Dark Water (the Japanese original); The Orphanage; The Witch in the Window; One Cut of the Dead; Saint Nick (a.k.a. Saint); Axe (1974)
Ha, a friend of mine is the director of Smash Cut.
Old 10-27-21, 01:00 PM
  #859  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
rbrown498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,538
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Ha, a friend of mine is the director of Smash Cut.
Old 10-27-21, 01:06 PM
  #860  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Posts: 16,055
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by rbrown498
I dug that flick but understand it's not for everyone. Now what you really want to see is his first film, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Cool thing, though, is he bought a movie theatre in town. It looks like the Muppet's theatre inside and programs all these cult flicks and stuff you won't see anywhere else. The killer slate from Smash Cut hangs over the concessions stand door. Better still, the original Kreese cutout from Karate Kid (that Daniel looks at when coming into Cobra Kai), is in the balcony.
The following 2 users liked this post by ViewAskewbian:
Darth Maher (10-27-21), rbrown498 (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 01:36 PM
  #861  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
WillieMLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Not Every Man Really Lives
Posts: 1,283
Received 145 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
I dug that flick but understand it's not for everyone. Now what you really want to see is his first film, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Cool thing, though, is he bought a movie theatre in town. It looks like the Muppet's theatre inside and programs all these cult flicks and stuff you won't see anywhere else. The killer slate from Smash Cut hangs over the concessions stand door. Better still, the original Kreese cutout from Karate Kid (that Daniel looks at when coming into Cobra Kai), is in the balcony.



I already like this guy!
Old 10-27-21, 02:31 PM
  #862  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Crocker Jarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 8,936
Received 513 Likes on 337 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film: Dawn Of The Dead
Worst horror film you've seen: The Exorcism Of Emily Rose (I was appalled that they would make a movie about a real person who died tragically, and then say at the end, 'Well, she believed in all this bullshit, so she probably would have been fine with dying.' Shameful movie.)
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): The creature at the end of REC frightened me like I haven't been by a movie since I was a little kid. I couldn't believe that was an actor in a suit, it looked impossibly inhuman.
Favourite horror icon: Michael Myers
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): Scarier movies were made in the 70s, but I have more fun watching (and more favourites) from the 80s, which makes sense as that's the era I grew up in, so these movies had a bigger effect on me than anything I'll see today.
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: The Begotten (made by the guy who did SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE. It's an experimental movie, not really a narrative)

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
I dug that flick but understand it's not for everyone. Now what you really want to see is his first film, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
I had the pleasure of meeting him at Fantasia twenty-years ago, when Harry Knuckles was still just a trailer.
Old 10-27-21, 05:31 PM
  #863  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,922
Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

All right, I'll try:

Favourite horror film: I always struggle with picking one favorite. But one of my favorites is Alien. My memory is fuzzy, but it may have been the first R-rated movie I saw in the members. I remember my mom took me, and I watched some parts with my fingers in front of my eyes (but fingers spread so I could still see). Clearly the experience traumatized me for life

Worst horror film you've seen:
Again, tough to answer since there are so many wretched ones. Instead of the worst (which would be some no budget amateur movie) let me answer with some of the most disappointing that I've seen in theaters. I thought The Haunting remake was going to be good ... Roger Ebert raved about it, and I thought I could trust him. I was wrong. While by no means the worst (and I know it has many fans, probably here), the theater experience of Alien 3 was also incredibly disappointing. I know later cuts improved things, but it doesn't wash the bad taste out of my mouth regarding that movie.

Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed):
I've mentioned earlier that Eden Lake is one of those movies that while I can appreciate its effectiveness, I never want to watch it again.

Favourite horror icon: Vincent Price

Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): The movies I grew up with were mid 70s to mid 80s, so I'll say that.

Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: A couple of ones from recent challenges that aren't so well known (but have been on streaming services): I thought Dave Made a Maze was just weirdly delightful. And the talk about great folk horror made me think of a recent one that I never hear talk of ... November. It's an Estonian dark fantasy/horror that isn't like anything I've seen.
Old 10-27-21, 06:56 PM
  #864  
Senior Member
 
Indy24LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 901
Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film: Halloween with The Exorcist 1B
Worst horror film you've seen: Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2, although I will admit I haven't seen it since it first came out.
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): The last movie that really gave me the creeps was The Grudge
Favourite horror icon: Michael Myers
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): Since my two favorite movies came from the 70's, guess I have to say the 70's
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: Like I've seen something y'all haven't, so I'll go with something new, The Night House
The following users liked this post:
jholmes (10-28-21)
Old 10-27-21, 08:41 PM
  #865  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ghost World
Posts: 1,602
Likes: 0
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by ViewAskewbian
Ha, a friend of mine is the director of Smash Cut.
I also knew that director when I lived in Ottawa. Used to distribute flyers for Mayfair. I can be seen in Smash Cut but my one line of dialogue got smashed cut.
Old 10-27-21, 09:14 PM
  #866  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 7,759
Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Ok these Worst Horror Films you have seen, come on guys, you know thats not true. The worst horror films you have seen are the ones you fall asleep during.

Trash like: Late Fee, The Ghouls, Death Bed (the 2002 one), Lethal Obsession, Children Of The Living Dead, Zombie Driftwood, In The Year 2889, Dracula 3000, Hellroller, Mansion Of The Living Dead, In The Land Of The Cannibals, Vamps: Deadly Dreamgirls, Death Nurse, Suicide Girls Must Die!, Awaken The Devil or Sleepy Hollow High. (this is also a comprehensive list of every movie that I have given my lowest score to since I started participating in the OHMC)

Y'all should be ashamed.

Also I think people would have appreciated The Killer Tongue more if it had had a better transfer.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 10-27-21 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-28-21, 07:12 AM
  #867  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Posts: 16,055
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by indiephantom
I also knew that director when I lived in Ottawa. Used to distribute flyers for Mayfair. I can be seen in Smash Cut but my one line of dialogue got smashed cut.
Small world. I used to have a hand in making up those flyers (well, sending along images for them to pop on the flyers).
The following users liked this post:
Voorheeshulk (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 12:37 PM
  #868  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,922
Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Really needed something "feel good" yesterday so I rewatched the musical Little Shop of Horrors. For the first time, I watched the original ending which was just crazy:

Easy to see how test audiences were just horrified (despite it being how the play ended). What Frank Oz said makes sense ... the bad ending is easier to swallow in a stage setting, since the cast immediately comes out afterwords. But the movie just ends ... and ends on a horribly downbeat note. I read they wasted $5 million scrapping this and filming the new ending.

Just amazing puppetry for Audrey II. Today it would of course be done all CGI ... and probably wouldn't look as good. There's just a "reality" to practical effects that CGI still struggles to overcome.
Old 10-28-21, 01:00 PM
  #869  
DVD Talk Legend
 
ViewAskewbian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Posts: 16,055
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by brainee
Really needed something "feel good" yesterday so I rewatched the musical Little Shop of Horrors. For the first time, I watched the original ending which was just crazy:

Easy to see how test audiences were just horrified (despite it being how the play ended). What Frank Oz said makes sense ... the bad ending is easier to swallow in a stage setting, since the cast immediately comes out afterwords. But the movie just ends ... and ends on a horribly downbeat note. I read they wasted $5 million scrapping this and filming the new ending.

Just amazing puppetry for Audrey II. Today it would of course be done all CGI ... and probably wouldn't look as good. There's just a "reality" to practical effects that CGI still struggles to overcome.
Yes, I watched that flick with the original ending last year. Having seen both the film and stage versions of Little Shop, I agree with Oz. Seymore and Audrey get a few more lines in Don't Feed the Plants in the stage version after they return to stage. It's like they are not dead. In the film version, our heroes, the ones we have been rooting for, are, well, just dead. While I dig the tune Finale Ultimo/Don't Feed the Plants the happier ending works better for the film though those Audrey's rampaging the world was pretty awesome!

Trade off, the stage version doesn't have Mean Green Mutha From Outer Space.
Old 10-28-21, 01:34 PM
  #870  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 16,817
Received 1,287 Likes on 789 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

I watched LSOH last month after having not seen it in some time.

I love downbeat/depressing endings and typically prefer them but not in this case. The theatrical ending is far superior to the Don't Feed The Plants ending in my opinion. And DFTP being probably the worst song in the entire musical doesn't help that ending. The ending is a nice throwback to the 50's/60's sci-fi monster movies but other than that, not very enjoyable at all.

I agree on the puppetry and it still being fantastic. CG would look like shit...even if it were made this year. Practical almost always wins in situations/characters like that if done correctly.
Old 10-28-21, 03:31 PM
  #871  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
pacaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,219
Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Favourite horror film: Does Jaws count? How about my extreme guilty pleasure Tremors? ... Alien
Worst horror film you've seen: Could have been Slumber Party Massacre 2 before I rewatched it this month and liked it a lot more. I'm going to say The Dead Don't Die (maybe I wasn't in the right mood)
Horror film or scene that actually scared and/or disturbed you (use spoilers if needed): Under the Shadow (on Netflix now)
Favourite horror icon: Ridley's xenomorph
Favourite era for horror (ie: 80s, Slasher, Universal Monsters): 70's, early 80's
Recommend a lesser known flick you think we should all see: The aforementioned Under the Shadow
Old 10-28-21, 03:44 PM
  #872  
Senior Member
 
numbercrunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: new orleans
Posts: 843
Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Ok these Worst Horror Films you have seen, come on guys, you know thats not true. The worst horror films you have seen are the ones you fall asleep during.

Trash like: Late Fee, The Ghouls, Death Bed (the 2002 one), Lethal Obsession, Children Of The Living Dead, Zombie Driftwood, In The Year 2889, Dracula 3000, Hellroller, Mansion Of The Living Dead, In The Land Of The Cannibals, Vamps: Deadly Dreamgirls, Death Nurse, Suicide Girls Must Die!, Awaken The Devil or Sleepy Hollow High. (this is also a comprehensive list of every movie that I have given my lowest score to since I started participating in the OHMC)
A decent list of bad films, but your missing Andy Milligan, Howling Seven , Terror at Tenkiller, The Creeping Terror, birdemic. The worst rated movie i have on letterboxd i gave a half star called Dead Body Man and Savage Vengeance 1993. Both those I gave a half star out of 10
The following users liked this post:
SterlingBen (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 04:31 PM
  #873  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
rbrown498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,538
Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Ok these Worst Horror Films you have seen, come on guys, you know thats not true. The worst horror films you have seen are the ones you fall asleep during.

Trash like: Late Fee, The Ghouls, Death Bed (the 2002 one), Lethal Obsession, Children Of The Living Dead, Zombie Driftwood, In The Year 2889, Dracula 3000, Hellroller, Mansion Of The Living Dead, In The Land Of The Cannibals, Vamps: Deadly Dreamgirls, Death Nurse, Suicide Girls Must Die!, Awaken The Devil or Sleepy Hollow High. (this is also a comprehensive list of every movie that I have given my lowest score to since I started participating in the OHMC)

Y'all should be ashamed.

Also I think people would have appreciated The Killer Tongue more if it had had a better transfer.
Ben, I just can't be ashamed of considering a film that angers me to be worse than one that puts me to sleep. Both are bad, but I can least let a boring film slip out of my memory--the ones that make me angry stay around forever in my head.

And I promise you with all my heart that you could have a brand new transfer of Killer Tongue in 8K and Atmos sound, and I'd still hate it with a undying passion. The way I see it, a coat of varnish on a turd doesn't change the fact that it's a turd...but I certainly don't begrudge you your love of the film. Just please don't make me watch it again.
The following users liked this post:
Gobear (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 06:50 PM
  #874  
Member
 
Voorheeshulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 100
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Anthology movie night!!!!
Old 10-28-21, 07:53 PM
  #875  
Member
 
Voorheeshulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Crystal Lake
Posts: 100
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 17th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31)

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Ben, I just can't be ashamed of considering a film that angers me to be worse than one that puts me to sleep. Both are bad, but I can least let a boring film slip out of my memory--the ones that make me angry stay around forever in my head.

And I promise you with all my heart that you could have a brand new transfer of Killer Tongue in 8K and Atmos sound, and I'd still hate it with a undying passion. The way I see it, a coat of varnish on a turd doesn't change the fact that it's a turd...but I certainly don't begrudge you your love of the film. Just please don't make me watch it again.
The Ghouls absolutely!!!! It's that low standard my friend and I still use at times, "Let's give this one a try, it can't be any worse than The Ghouls" lmao

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.