Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

short film about a supposedly accursed children's play title

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 05-31-21, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in the very early 1980's the local library presented a short children's film which was probably from the 1970's about a a children's play production which appears to be cursed as many near mishaps transpire such as a theater sandbags falling and narrowly missing hitting an actor in the play. does anyone know the film title? thanks.
Old 06-02-21, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 251 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: short film about a supposedly accursed children's play title

Sounds like it's British. A lot of British children's short films used to get shown nontheatrically or on Public TV in the 1970s. I worked in that field, but I don't remember this film. I do remember "Mr. Horatio Knibbles" about a six-foot tall, well-dressed rabbit who befriends a child. I just consulted IMDB to find the titles distributed by the Children's Film and Television Foundation in England, of which "Mr. Horatio Knibbles" was one, but nothing there matches your description. Maybe it isn't British after all. Just a guess. I'm intrigued, though.
Old 06-06-21, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: short film about a supposedly accursed children's play title

Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum
Sounds like it's British. A lot of British children's short films used to get shown nontheatrically or on Public TV in the 1970s. I worked in that field, but I don't remember this film. I do remember "Mr. Horatio Knibbles" about a six-foot tall, well-dressed rabbit who befriends a child. I just consulted IMDB to find the titles distributed by the Children's Film and Television Foundation in England, of which "Mr. Horatio Knibbles" was one, but nothing there matches your description. Maybe it isn't British after all. Just a guess. I'm intrigued, though.
i am pretty sure it was american, but i am uncertain. thank you for the reply.
later in the 80's there was a slasher film with young adults which had a similar plot entitled stage fright.
the film i am refers to was however intended for children as it was shown one summer afternoon at the local library.