Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

blu-ray player leaving debris on my discs?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 04-21-20, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a toshiba blu-ray player bdk33ku and sometimes I've noticed after playing a disc it leaves some sort of small debri in spots. When I wipe it away it just smears it out like a fingerprint has appeared on the disc. It's then impossible to make the streaks go away on the disc. It looks as if the disc has now been touched all over with fingerprints. It only seems to happen with blu ray discs and not dvds which I don't understand. Has anyone else experienced this or know what's going on?
Old 04-22-20, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: blu-ray player leaving debris on my discs?

Originally Posted by statcat View Post
I have a toshiba blu-ray player bdk33ku and sometimes I've noticed after playing a disc it leaves some sort of small debri in spots. When I wipe it away it just smears it out like a fingerprint has appeared on the disc. It's then impossible to make the streaks go away on the disc. It looks as if the disc has now been touched all over with fingerprints. It only seems to happen with blu ray discs and not dvds which I don't understand. Has anyone else experienced this or know what's going on?
I don't know if this is the same thing, but I have an old, original Playstation. The kind that grabs the discs and pulls them in. I have a set of blu-rays with a kind of smooth/shiny surface label. When I tried to put the discs in, they would skip and jerk. When I got them out, which took several hits of the eject button, I noticed the same kind of fingerprint-ish smears. They wiped off, though. I was thinking that because of the slickness of the surface of the disc, the old mech inside the playstation had trouble grabbing onto the disc, which left smears. I could be wrong, but it was just an idea.