Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

2000s? scary amphibious movie

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 03-15-20, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi thanks for any help you may provide. So I'm in a pickle. Im wanting to watch a movie that a vaguely remember from when i was younger ( about 10 ish years ago). The thing is that i only remember portions of the movie. Some of the key things i remember is amphibious fish like creatures that attack a town. I distinctly remember 2 kills of said creatures tho. 1 of which being a female character (i believe) shooting a flare down the gullet of a creature and burning its insides. #2 being a male character that was attack while driving a boat causing the boat to crash onto an island, with the creature attached to his arm he uses the running boat motor to shred it. A few other items i remember is a group of survivors trying to hide on an island (same one the boat crashes and also the same location of first kill mentioned). Once on the island the survivors find a house/ cottage that they explore finding the owners (an older couple) dead. One in the living room chair and one upstairs. I dont remember much else as i was young and i believe i was at a car dealership and had to leave. If anyone has any hints or knowledge of this movie please let me know. Thank you so much.
Old 03-16-20, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: 2000s? scary amphibious movie

The two likeliest choices I've got are Piranha 3D (2010) and Frankenfish (2004).
Old 03-17-20, 01:44 AM

Ill try frankenfish. Ive looked at it before but never thought that it was it. Ill watch it and figure it out but i know its not piranha. Im a huge fan of that movie so i know it pretty well.
Old 03-18-20, 08:49 PM

coyoteblue I tried frankenfish and just like i thought it wasnt the movie i was thinking of. Honestly im starting to think im just crazy
Old 03-22-20, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Humanoids from the Deep? I saw the 1980 original but not the 1996 remake. I know a creature gets shot with a flare in the original.
Old 03-22-20, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

^That's what I was thinking of, but figured it was too old.