DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Looking for a movie, can't remember what it is (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/648713-looking-movie-cant-remember-what.html)

filmfan78 09-25-19 05:59 PM

Looking for a movie, can't remember what it is

Hello there,
I am looking for a movie, not sure if it has been released yet or not, it's kinda new/ish for sure. I remember seeing the trailer not long ago, few month perhaps.. and driving me mad i cannot find it again.
I can only only remember the basic story line. It's about an old woman who is a nanny or a housekeeper, who gets hired to a new house. Everybody thinks she is very nice and kind. But she has a secret she isn't a nice person, have something to hide, and she is sneaking out of the house to do something. Maybe even sneaking in to the neighbours house? Not sure.
Does it ring a bell to anyone?
thanks

jpcamb 09-26-19 04:27 PM

Re: Looking for a movie, can't remember what it is

Mrs Doubtfire?

DVD Josh 09-26-19 08:43 PM

Sounds note for note like Under Siege.

coyoteblue 09-26-19 09:28 PM

Given the vagueness of the description and just because you watched a trailer a few months ago, doesn't mean that it was a trailer for a new or even new-ish movie. Take a look at The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis. There's a trailer on youtube.

JoeySeven 09-27-19 12:48 AM

Hello there,
I am looking for a movie, not sure if it has been released yet or not, it's kinda new/ish for sure. I remember seeing the trailer not long ago, few month perhaps.. and driving me mad i cannot find it again.
I can only only remember the basic story line. It's about an old woman who is a nanny or a housekeeper, who gets hired to a new house. Everybody thinks she is very nice and kind. But she has a secret she isn't a nice person, have something to hide, and she is sneaking out of the house to do something. Maybe even sneaking in to the neighbours house? Not sure.
thanks
Like playing Ding Dong Ditch? :lol:

filmfan78 09-27-19 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by coyoteblue (Post 13614418)
Given the vagueness of the description and just because you watched a trailer a few months ago, doesn't mean that it was a trailer for a new or even new-ish movie. Take a look at The Nanny (1965) with Bette Davis. There's a trailer on youtube.

Thanks for reply. It was 100% a new release this year or last year of movies. It wasn't available to watch when i saw the trailer, otherwise i would have watched it. it was on my list to watch it later when it comes out. Then i can't find it again. Definitely not an old B&W movie.
The actress was someone popular, an older actress. It is driving me mad i can't find it. Not Mrs.Doubtfire That is an old movie, and in this movie she is not a nice person, someone with a hidden agenda. But everyone adores her i remember that.
Looking for a needle in a haystack :brickwl2:

joltman 09-27-19 08:40 AM

There's The Nanny (2018) but that looks more like a horror movie than what you descibed.

filmfan78 09-27-19 09:26 AM

I came across with that one in my search, nope not that one. :(

WillieMLF 09-27-19 11:34 AM

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...a81243e534.jpg
Was this the lady?

SonicCookie 09-29-19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by filmfan78 (Post 13613665)
Hello there,
thanks

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle maybe?

JoeySeven 09-29-19 11:45 PM

Hey
I was just yanking your chain about the Ding Dong Ditch @itch.And welcome to DVDTALK.

what about.Tully (2018)

Best to just watch Tully,and not read too much about the movie before watching. It is very good.

If not, was it a american movie? horror or any other info

Trevor 09-30-19 08:14 AM

Yeah, imho Tully is a great film and best seen with no knowledge beforehand.

MysterioMan007 10-02-19 10:42 AM

I feel like I've seen this trailer, too. If I'm right, it's an older woman with a recognizable name (although I seem to remember not hearing it in a while) and I remember the sneaking into a neighbor's house part, too. I may be suffering from a Mandela Effect, but I can't remember the name of it, either. I'll see if I can find it in my youtube history and figure it out.

EDIT: I looked for quite a while and couldn't figure it out.

JZ1276 10-08-19 07:41 PM

Duplex with Ben Stiller & Drew Barrymore?