DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Can you re use a digital code for a movie more than once? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/645504-can-you-re-use-digital-code-movie-more-than-once.html)

urrutiap 10-13-18 01:28 PM

Can you re use a digital code for a movie more than once?

Last year or so I bought X Men Apocalypse for DVD and it came with a paper insert to enter the digital code. I was using my Kindle Fire at the time and went to the vudu website to redeem/enter the code.

I find out that my Kindle Fire doesnt have the proper video program thing to play movies off of the vudu website.

But I do have a little Sony brand blu ray player which I can go online to websites such as Vudu basically.

So I was wondering if you can even use and enter the digital code for a movie more than once or not?

rbrown498 10-13-18 01:32 PM

Re: Can you re use a digital code for a movie more than once?

Why would you need to do that? If the movie's already in your Vudu account, just go to Vudo on the new device and watch it.

urrutiap 10-13-18 02:11 PM

Well not really.

urrutiap 10-13-18 02:16 PM

Thing is that when I use my Sony blu ray player to get on vudu, the only movies that show up in my movies list are Machete 2 and Madea's Boo 2

while on my laptop that im using right now, only the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles movie and only X Men Apocalypse which i just tried the digital redeem codes

urrutiap 10-13-18 02:17 PM

Not every movie are on my vudu account when I sign in on my lapton and signing in when using my Sony blu ray player

rbrown498 10-13-18 04:34 PM

Have you perhaps either purposefully or mistakenly created two accounts?

To get a definitive answer, you might want to email support at Vudu to see if they can figure out what's going on. If you HAVE created two accounts, perhaps they can merge them.

urrutiap 10-13-18 04:44 PM

No I didnt make two accounts or whatever. My blu ray player i use to play blu rays of movies including two or three movies that i bought off of the walmart website such as Machete 2 and Madea's Boo 2 movie while for my laptop, my vudu account on the website has X Men Apocalypse with whatever bonus features along with Michael Bay Ninja Turtles and Unrated Riddick.

I have another question. Do not all bonus features show up on your VUDU's My movies list? How come the bonus features for Unrated Riddick dont show up while some bonus features show up for X Men and Ninja Turtles

VUDU have certain limits on bonus features or something?

rbrown498 10-13-18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by urrutiap (Post 13425132)
VUDU have certain limits on bonus features or something?

I don't think it's Vudu; I think it's up to the rights holders as to whether they want to bundle all, some, or none of the special features created for the DVD/Blu-ray.

PhantomStranger 10-14-18 12:49 AM

VUDU provides a different assortment of extras for each movie. On some, you get nothing. While others get a full complement.

urrutiap 10-14-18 09:35 AM

Well, why dont they add all of the bonus features for most of the movies for VUDU? Sure its nice that few movies like X Men First Class has like 4 bonus features but they could put a little more effort with the othe rmovies like the Unrated Riddick movie on VUDU.

Even with The World's End on VUDU. It shouldnt be that hard to to include a trivia track since its just text

orangerunner 10-14-18 10:02 AM

As far as I know the codes cannot be redeemed more than once.

I redeemed about twenty UV codes on Flixster Canada which worked great until Flixster Canada unceremoniously vanished from the digital landscape leaving all of their subscribers SOL.

rbrown498 10-14-18 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by urrutiap (Post 13425366)
Well, why dont they add all of the bonus features for most of the movies for VUDU?

Perhaps that's a question that you should ask of Vudu and/or all of the major studios. I doubt that anyone on these boards can answer it.

Obi-Wanma 10-25-18 01:38 PM

You can't redeem a code more than once unless it's one of those titles that will redeem separately at Vudu and iTunes. Fox titles (such as X-Men Apocalypse) do not.

You also can't install Vudu on a Kindle Fire.

But you can link your Vudu and Amazon accounts via MoviesAnywhere, and then you should be able to watch the movie on your kindle via Amzaon Prime Video.

IDrinkMolson 10-25-18 03:54 PM

This is always a good place to check:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1286045225
There are 2 tabs, one for Movies Anywhere only.

But keep in mind the world of digital copy codes changes regularly.