Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Murphy Brown - The Complete First Season (Repackage - 2018)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-18, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems Warner has quietly re-released the first season of Murphy Brown this past Tuesday:

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-06-18, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Murphy Brown - The Complete First Season (Repackage - 2018)

They're cashing in on the new series. If they really cared they'd get the rest of this series on disc.
Old 10-07-18, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Murphy Brown - The Complete First Season (Repackage - 2018)

I'm shocked they haven't released the rest of the series, at least as a complete set. I'm sure music licensing is a huge factor, but I'd at least like to be able to stream the rest of the show.

This re-release seems to be hard to find online. I was in Walmart the other night and they had two copies of the set. For $9.96 I picked it up since I missed the original release (which has been going for insane prices online).

The disc count has been reduced from four to two. Video quality is pretty decent for a show this age and the amount of episodes they crammed onto these discs - but then again I'm not sure how the original DVD release looked. Commentaries, the bonus documentary and subtitles have been retained here (which surprised me), and each episode has chapter stops. This new release is like the Hanna Barbera Diamond Collection re-releases from last year - it comes with a paper insert with episode titles and the menu is a static black screen with the DVD cover image on the left and episode titles on the right.