DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 01-31-18, 07:23 PM   #101
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: TV on DVD* Eighth Season Discussion Thread

Since I'm going to keep on with the Challenge, I didn't mind starting a new show tonight. I felt like revisiting Life, so I just finished watching the first episode. It's not the David Attenborough version, but the show in general has a special place in my heart, because it was the first BBC series I ever watched on Discovery when it first came out.
Old 01-31-18, 09:07 PM   #102
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokitty View Post
Since I'm going to keep on with the Challenge, I didn't mind starting a new show tonight. I felt like revisiting Life, so I just finished watching the first episode. It's not the David Attenborough version, but the show in general has a special place in my heart, because it was the first BBC series I ever watched on Discovery when it first came out.
If you've not seen it, you owe it to yourself to get, and watch, the Attenborough version. It's vastly superior to the shortened, Oprah narrated, version.
Old 02-01-18, 03:28 AM   #103
DVD Talk Legend

I had made a list at the beginning of the month of stuff I wanted to tackle. And then went an entirely different direction for the most part. Regardless, it was a ton of fun!

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 02-01-18, 04:17 AM   #104
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And the winners are....

Dimension X
Bacigalup
Cardsfann111
Old 02-01-18, 07:02 AM   #105
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks!
Old 02-01-18, 09:16 AM   #106

Wow! Thank very much!!
Old 02-01-18, 01:30 PM   #107
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Congrats, guys! Thanks for running things shadokitty! Thanks Goldenwheels/Hamilton for the prizes!

I don't do the AA challenge so will continue with this one.

Flash is still pretty good. It's mostly a "monster of the week" type show, which is just fine with a superhero theme. There are a few continuing plot lines, several of which they could jettison without me caring one little bit, that keep things somewhat moving along but, other than the "who killed Barry's mother," one they are all disposable. Still a few "why doesn't he just run up and snatch the gun" moments but that's somewhat to be expected.
Old 02-01-18, 01:54 PM   #108
DVD Talk Hero

Not the greatest year for me in total numbers, but I still watched a lot of good stuff. Thanks for hosting, shadokitty, and thanks to Golden Wheels/Hamilton Books for the prizes!
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 02-01-18, 09:26 PM   #109
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
And the winners are....

Dimension X
Bacigalup
Cardsfann111
Cool, thanks! Congrats to the other winners.

TV: '18|Academy Award: '16|Action: '17|Drive-in: '17|MYOC: '17|Historical: '17|Sci-Fi/Fantasy: '17|Animation: '17|Criterion: '15|Horror: '17|Comedy: '17|Holiday: '17

Last edited by Dimension X; 02-01-18 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-02-18, 12:11 AM   #110

I picked The Zodiac Killer blu-ray from Something Weird/AGFA. I was trying to make up my mind between this and the Bat Pussy blu-ray, and in the end, it came down to the second features; Another Son of Sam looked more interesting than Robot Love Slaves.

Thanks again GoldenWheels and Hamilton Books, and thanks to shadokitty for running the Challenge. I had a fun time. I was worried that Season 4 of Charlie's Angels wouldn't be any fun without Kate Jackson, but to tell the truth, I barely even missed her. I quit watching the show that season when it first aired, so most of the episodes were new to me (the episode with Timothy Dalton was the only one that seemed familiar). Nearly every episode had some familiar character actors in it, so it was really fun watching for this '70s-'80s B-Movie fan. When I saw that the fifth season opener had Christopher Lee in it, and it was a short season, I decided to go ahead and finish the series. Glad I did, because the first half of the season the Angels moved to Hawaii and the number of gratuitous bikini scenes went through the roof.

Now I have to decide what '70s detective show I want to start on next January.

TV: '18|Academy Award: '16|Action: '17|Drive-in: '17|MYOC: '17|Historical: '17|Sci-Fi/Fantasy: '17|Animation: '17|Criterion: '15|Horror: '17|Comedy: '17|Holiday: '17

Last edited by Dimension X; 02-02-18 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-02-18, 12:38 AM   #111
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's your address, Dimension X? Or did you contact Goldenwheels directly?

I'm not doing the AA Challenge either, so will continue my goals till next month.
Old 02-02-18, 01:51 AM   #112
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks to shadokitty for hosting and to GoldenWheels/HamiltonBooks for sponsoring the challenges! Congrats to the winners as well!

Finished fairly strong, though with some random shows. I did get through at least half of season four of The Librarians. Plan on finishing the season up next week when the last episode (I believe it's down to just one now) airs. Taking a short break before starting the AA challenge...
July Sci-fi/Fantasy 2017; Aug. Animation 2017; Sept. Criterion 2017; Oct. Horror 2012; Nov. Comedy 2017; Holiday 2017; Jan. TV on DVD* 2017; Feb. Academy Awards 2017; Feb. Quadrennial Leap Day 2016; Mar. Action/Adv/Crime/Mystery 2017; May MYOC 2017; June Historical Appreciation 2014
Old 02-02-18, 02:14 AM   #113

Quote:
What's your address, Dimension X? Or did you contact Goldenwheels directly?

I'm not doing the AA Challenge either, so will continue my goals till next month.
I sent a PM to GoldenWheels with my prize pick and address. I guess I should've mentioned that in my post.

Old 02-02-18, 02:30 AM   #114
DVD Talk Legend

I sent my picks/address to GoldenWheels directly just now.

Highlighting my choices were:

I've seen and enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Community. And while very familiar with WKRP, I've never seen a full episode. Thanks again to GoldenWheels/Hamilton Books. While browsing the site, I noticed many other things I'm interested in. I'm due to place another order in the near future.

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
Old 02-02-18, 02:35 AM   #115
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All the prize picks have been sent on to Goldenwheels. Bacigalup PMed me with his choice this morning. Thanks to all the winners for responding so quickly.
Old 02-05-18, 12:16 AM   #116
DVD Talk Legend

Third highest number total for me this year with 143. I didn't clear my DVR or really make much of a dent in it, honestly. I wanted to introduce my son to Seinfeld, and we were off and running on it. We managed to watch the first 69 (heh heh) episodes of it. He enjoyed it so much that he actually wants to continue watching now that the challenge is over.
Old 02-05-18, 02:36 AM   #117
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
If you've not seen it, you owe it to yourself to get, and watch, the Attenborough version. It's vastly superior to the shortened, Oprah narrated, version.
I know that the Attenborough version is on Netflix. I'll have to give it a watch some time. As extras on the Oprah version, the Life Diaries, with Attenborough narration are included on my set. I know that the separate Life Diaries are much better than the Making Of Life episode, due mainly to the different narrators.
Old 02-07-18, 01:58 PM   #118
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fellows, SO sorry for not seeing my PMs sooner. I am getting the prizes picked and brought up today, and should be shipping them out tomorrow.
Old 02-10-18, 03:26 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
Fellows, SO sorry for not seeing my PMs sooner. I am getting the prizes picked and brought up today, and should be shipping them out tomorrow.
Received my prize today! Thanks very much!!
Old 02-13-18, 11:25 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post
Got mine today. Thank you again.

Old 02-13-18, 06:36 PM   #121
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacigalup View Post
Received my prize today! Thanks very much!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension X View Post
Got mine today. Thank you again.
Likewise! Hamilton Books is fantastic!

Old 02-13-18, 06:58 PM   #122
DVD Talk Hero

Hamilton Books!
Challenges: Action 2017 | Academy Award 2017 | TV on DVD* 2017 | Holiday 2016 | Comedy 2016 | Horror 2016 | Criterion 2016 | Animation 2016 | Sci-Fi 2016 | Historical 2016 | Make-Your-Own 2016 | Drive-In 2016 | Leap Day 2016
Old 02-13-18, 07:03 PM   #123
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad you got your prizes already guys. Id like to offer a big thanks to GoldenWheels and Hamilton Books for their continued generosity.