DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Have you fell asleep watching DVDs and being woken up to them? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/640919-have-you-fell-asleep-watching-dvds-being-woken-up-them.html)

DVDFAN2009 08-02-17 06:34 AM

Have you fell asleep watching DVDs and being woken up to them?

I've been falling asleep to DVDs recently and the ones I've watched was X2 and Hostel. X2 had these annoying sound effects on repeat, and while Hostel is also annoying, it's kinda creepy due to drill sounds and Josh's screaming on repeat. It terrified me so much, that I ACTUALLY ran to the Xbox One to turn the DVD off. What's your experience with waking up to DVD menus?

leahcim 08-02-17 03:22 PM

Re: Have you fell asleep watching DVDs and being woken up to them?

Yes!

A few months ago Soylant Green woke me up at 2 AM right at the part they find out what it is

popcorn 08-02-17 03:42 PM

I have this running theme with Akira where I always fall asleep while watching it, day or night. I've yet to see the middle of the movie.

DVDFAN2009 08-02-17 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by popcorn (Post 13126624)
I have this running theme with Akira where I always fall asleep while watching it, day or night. I've yet to see the middle of the movie.

That's one of the DVD menus I've woken up to with the menu blasting a collection of motorcycle sounds over and over.

orangerunner 08-02-17 05:34 PM

I remember waking-up to Harold and Kumar impatiently telling me to hurry-up and choose an option.

Alan Smithee 08-03-17 02:11 AM

Took a nap working the choral voices singing "Spiderpig" in the Simpsons Movie into my dreams.

PileOfFudge 08-12-17 10:33 AM

I fell asleep watching Kingpin on DVD one late night back in 1999 and woke up to the menu repeating the sounds of bowling pins being struck. It was like waking up in a bowling alley.

shadokitty 08-12-17 10:58 AM

I've dozed off to Godzilla movies when I was really tired and woke up to his roar.

Nick Danger 08-12-17 12:05 PM

Years ago, I fell asleep and must have listened to the menu music from The Matrix for hours. I still have it memorized.

Alan Smithee 08-14-17 12:41 AM

The HD-DVD of Dazed and Confused has a generic Universal menu with stock music- I heard it playing over and over after I had brought a girl over to watch the movie and we ended up in the bedroom by the midpoint :)