DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Any reason to keep digital copy slips? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/639956-any-reason-keep-digital-copy-slips.html)

UltimateX1 05-02-17 09:27 PM

Any reason to keep digital copy slips?

I'm talking about after they've been used. The slips of paper that come with movies with the code on them. I'm paranoid I'll need the code again some day, so I have a few of them sitting around. I've been doing some cleaning recently and just want to get rid of the things now. Probably a dumb question, but is there ever an instance I would need one of the codes again?

Trevor 05-02-17 09:59 PM

Re: Any reason to keep digital copy slips?

I save mine. The room they take up is insignificant, and if one of my digital accounts get wiped out somehow, I'll have the slips to use as evidence to get stuff re-instated.

thetao 05-02-17 10:25 PM

If you ever want to sell one of your movies, some buyers may ask if it's completely intact. Tossing out the chapter insert, slipcover, digital copy slip (whether the code works or not), etc. could cost you a sale.

Alan Smithee 05-03-17 09:12 PM

I keep all of mine as they're part of the package. However I don't redeem the codes right away, instead I keep a list of them and try to trade them online for codes for other movies I don't have. If I haven't traded them by the expiration date, then I go ahead and redeem them even though they're of little use to me as long as I have the disc.

SterlingBen 05-03-17 09:55 PM

Nostalgia

pacaway 05-04-17 05:57 AM

I have so many that I could use them for wallpaper!

GuessWho 05-04-17 10:38 AM

It's no skin off my nose to keep them in the case even after I've redeemed them. Most times, they're covering the DVD I'll never use either.

orangerunner 05-04-17 12:20 PM

I redeemed about 20 over the past couple of years but have never watched any of them.

I just keep the paper in the case but I usually mark them with a small "X" in pen as a reminder for me that it's been redeemed already. I don't want to sell it one day and have the new owner assume they're getting the UV code as well.

kd5 05-04-17 08:45 PM

As others have said, I keep mine, they're part of the package deal, take up no room in the case, and make the package more valuable if it ever comes to selling it. When I buy, I look for complete packages, more often than not I don't find them because people throw all that away. They shouldn't. I never redeem the digital codes unless it's for Sony or Disney points, and most of them are already expired, but I don't care.

The Cow 05-04-17 08:49 PM

I don't generally keep the cases, so out they go as soon as I redeem or sell them.