DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   100 Movies. 31 Days. The 12th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt 3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/637833-100-movies-31-days-12th-annual-october-horror-movie-challenge-oct-1-31-pt-3-a.html)

Undeadcow 04-05-17 04:45 PM

Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 12th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

Originally Posted by jacob_b (Post 13044641)
Anyone seen the movie Raw?

Now I really want to see Raw... looks interesting. Hopefully it gets a home video release this October.

jacob_b 04-06-17 12:50 AM

Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 12th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

Originally Posted by Undeadcow (Post 13047453)
Now I really want to see Raw... looks interesting. Hopefully it gets a home video release this October.

I don't see why it shouldn't. It's pretty creepy and keeps one on the edge. A couple of confusing parts, but well done. I want to see Personal Shopper next. Luckily I have two theaters nearby that likes to showcase the indy films.

DaveyJoe 05-12-17 12:10 AM

There was discussion of making a compilation of the Subest Challenge films to help promote the OHC, so I did just that, and here it is:

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dCVZX1jjrtQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Feel free to use this to promote the Challenge!

orlmac 05-12-17 07:32 AM

Excellent job DaveyJoe! I would think that will be a good way to promote the challenge. I watched every movie in the subset last year (except one) and there sure are a lot of clips that I forgot. I guess that's what happens when you get old (and have four strokes). A lot of work had to go into that and I'm sure you had a lot of fun revisiting the good choices.

Trevor 05-12-17 08:03 AM

That was a fantastic little trip Davey! Dvdtalk and Chad should definitely find ways to use it.

I think each October I'll start things off my watching your (and Mondo and others) past videos.

DaveyJoe 05-13-17 01:05 PM

Thanks guys, I hope that video is helpful in promoting the OHMC!

jacob_b 05-19-17 01:16 AM

This would be amazing to post in the Horror Pack Monthly Subscription Facebook Group. I'm curious if they would donate something and do a little cross promotion as I'm sure there might be people on this thread who may not know about them and take a dive into subscribing and stacking up for October.

Chad 05-19-17 11:40 PM

That was an impressive video! Appreciate the plugs.

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13071594)
Dvdtalk and Chad should definitely find ways to use it.

Already added it to the first page and plan on promoting it via Facebook post.

Originally Posted by jacob_b (Post 13076606)
This would be amazing to post in the Horror Pack Monthly Subscription Facebook Group. I'm curious if they would donate something and do a little cross promotion as I'm sure there might be people on this thread who may not know about them and take a dive into subscribing and stacking up for October.

I'll give it a try when the time comes. Worse case scenario is they no, or just ignore me like the horror pillow people.

shadokitty 05-19-17 11:47 PM

I started a month and a half horror challenge myself tonight, to tide myself over till the Sci Fi Challenge in July, being the halfway point to October. Already seen two great first time views tonight, All Cheerleaders Die, and Necropolis.

jacob_b 05-21-17 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by shadokitty (Post 13077355)
I started a month and a half horror challenge myself tonight, to tide myself over till the Sci Fi Challenge in July, being the halfway point to October. Already seen two great first time views tonight, All Cheerleaders Die, and Necropolis.

JUst got ACD for $5 from a clearance sell from Horror Pack. And isn't April more of the halfway point to October? At this point it's only 4.5 months, if not less, until October 1st. And with that, I can't be the only one putting away films, waiting until October hits, can I? I might watch one or two horror films in a month, but the rest or just waiting to be opened for that glorious month.