Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-15, 02:00 AM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

IndieFlix is offering a 1-Month Free Trial with no credit card needed. Just enter your name, email address and a password. Offer expires on Oct 15th. They have apps for Roku, Xbox 360, FireTV, and iOS devices.

They have a lot of Horror movies that aren't available on other services. I saw a few giallos, stuff from Argento & Fulci, some classics and grindhouse stuff, and some slashers like Halloween, Terror Train and Black Christmas. Video quality ranges from decent to awful. I ran into a few movies with really poor encodes.

https://indieflix.com/indie-film-cha...#/duration:60+

Last edited by TheBigDave; 10-14-15 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-14-15, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 11th Annual October Horror Movie Challenge (Oct 1-31) Pt

Yeardly Smith being in both The Legend of Billie Jean and Maximum Overdrive is funny to me for some reason
Old 10-14-15, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Was this in Los Angeles by any chance?
No in NY :-)
Old 10-14-15, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by bse
CUBS WIN to celebrate i cracked open my Cannibal Holocaust blu.
Bit off topic from challenge but didn't back to the future pt. 2 predict cubs winning the world series?
Old 10-14-15, 04:23 AM

So far my favorite movie of the challenge has been Eli Roth's Knock Knock. Not only would it make you think twice in ever cheating but Keanu Reeves gave an incredible performance. A mix of a home invasion with 2 psychopaths.
Old 10-14-15, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trevor
My wife hates horror films, but she agreed to watch The Babadook with me tonight. She was freaking out and cringing in fear constantly, and her little screams made my daughter Elise upset. Jen went downstairs to comfort her, and in telling her why she was scared it made Elise even more upset.

As they hugged each other on the couch, both almost crying, I crept downstairs, turned out the lights and loudly whispered "baba dook dook".

Their screams may have woke the neighbors.
i started watching this a couple months back and my girlfriend came home from work and saw a clip and it freaked her out bad (and she enjoys horror) so she would never watch it with me.

two months ago we went camping and while everyone was napping i was playing on my new smartphone (just upgraded from a flip!) anyways i was messing around with a ringtone downloader and downloaded the "baba dook dook dooooook" ringtone for her text messages as a joke but by accident set it to all notifications without realizing...so about 2 am in the middle of the woods my townhall upgraded to lvl 5 in clash of clans and gave out a Baba Dooooook which woke up my gf in sheer panic....worst day of my relationship followed.

needless to say im trying to find time to sneak this movie in when i know she wont be home
Old 10-14-15, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycloth
two months ago we went camping and while everyone was napping i was playing on my new smartphone (just upgraded from a flip!) anyways i was messing around with a ringtone downloader and downloaded the "baba dook dook dooooook" ringtone for her text messages as a joke but by accident set it to all notifications without realizing...so about 2 am in the middle of the woods my townhall upgraded to lvl 5 in clash of clans and gave out a Baba Dooooook which woke up my gf in sheer panic....worst day of my relationship followed.

That is awesome.

If only it had been her phone!
Old 10-14-15, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
IndieFlix is offering a 1-Month Free Trial with no credit card needed. Just enter your name, email address and a password. Offer expires on Oct 15th. They have apps for Roku, Xbox 360, FireTV, and iOS devices.

They have a lot of Horror movies that aren't available on other services. I saw a few giallos, stuff from Argento & Fulci, some classics and grindhouse stuff, and some slashers like Halloween, Terror Train and Black Christmas. Video quality ranges from decent to awful. I ran into a few movies with really poor encodes.

https://indieflix.com/indie-film-cha...#/duration:60+
Nice. Thanks!
Old 10-14-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by terrycloth
i started watching this a couple months back and my girlfriend came home from work and saw a clip and it freaked her out bad (and she enjoys horror) so she would never watch it with me.

Real World Horror Rules #2 - if you mess about with phone sounds, they will wind up sounding for a) the wrong thing, and/or b) in the middle of the night..!
Old 10-14-15, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by MrTerrific
Extremely happy that I got in some Hammer Horror this year! First time viewings of Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula and Dracula Has Risen From the Grave were all a success.

Now I understand all the Peter Cushing love.
Old 10-14-15, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

Dismembering Christmas . . . one of the worst acted films I've seen in the last few years and you gotta' love the horrible audio mix. :P
Old 10-14-15, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Yesterday, I was so busy running about that I only had time to watch Universal's The Mummy before bed. I've mentioned before on the forum that it's my absolute favorite of the Universal monster movies. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with ancient Egypt - to the point that when I was in second grade, I made my parents promise to wrap me up mummy-style if I died before them. I also wanted to be buried with my books and Legos.

Karloff is brilliant as the lumbering monster as well as the enigmatic finder of the lost tomb. He's terrifying and tragic. Zita Johann is amazing as his reincarnated love, and I wish she had done more film (though it seems from interviews that she hated movies and movie-making). It's a film that I revisit almost every October, and this year I may rewatch the entertaining but lackluster sequels.
Old 10-14-15, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 164 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcellophane
Yesterday, I was so busy running about that I only had time to watch Universal's The Mummy before bed. I've mentioned before on the forum that it's my absolute favorite of the Universal monster movies. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with ancient Egypt - to the point that when I was in second grade, I made my parents promise to wrap me up mummy-style if I died before them. I also wanted to be buried with my books and Legos.

Karloff is brilliant as the lumbering monster as well as the enigmatic finder of the lost tomb. He's terrifying and tragic. Zita Johann is amazing as his reincarnated love, and I wish she had done more film (though it seems from interviews that she hated movies and movie-making). It's a film that I revisit almost every October, and this year I may rewatch the entertaining but lackluster sequels.

I plan to rewatch the sequels some time too. Got the DVD from Netflix, that I just haven't gotten around to watching yet.
Old 10-14-15, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

If you enjoy The Originals, check out Nocturna. I was surprised I liked this new, direct-to-video vampire movie so much.

http://www.doblu.com/2015/10/13/nocturna-review/

Old 10-14-15, 01:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I am finally going to tackle my Crystal Lake Memories and Never Sleep Again documentary sets this time. I imagine Never Sleep Again counts as 2, but how many does Crystal Lake Memories count as for the 400 minute version without bonus disc? I looked over some old lists and they were somewhat inconsistent.
Old 10-14-15, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Due to personal things beyond my control, I'm very stressed today, so am planning a comedy marathon tonight. I do plan to mix in a few Halloween comedy shorts to get some challenge content viewing though. I wish HBO On Demand still had Young Frankenstein, but it's no longer available. The only eligible Mel Brooks movie I own is Dracula, Dead and Loving It. Not really sure if I'll watch that one though, as it's certainly no Young Frankenstein.
Old 10-14-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Anyone else order the Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box Limited Edition Trilogy, or plan to? Couldn't think of a better way to use Arrow points I'd accumulated. For once my procrastination didn't get in my way, despite ordering literally a day before it went OOP on their website yesterday.

According to Arrow there's still limited stock at Amazon UK, Zavvi, and HMV.
Old 10-14-15, 03:16 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got off work a couple of hours today and my son is spending the night with his parents and my fiancee works until late - spent the first hour of my free time standing in front of my blu-ray shelf trying to decide what to watch. I have so many windows that it is hard to keep the sun out and a lot of the movies I want to watch in the proper setting, pitch black. Hopefully I can knock off 3-4 of my unopened blu-rays tonight - for me the end number doesn't matter, I just want to watch what I've been stocking up on for a few months, easier to justify the daily packages I get.
Old 10-14-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad
Anyone else order the Hellraiser: The Scarlet Box Limited Edition Trilogy, or plan to? Couldn't think of a better way to use Arrow points I'd accumulated. For once my procrastination didn't get in my way, despite ordering literally a day before it went OOP on their website yesterday.

I would if it were region free.
Old 10-14-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by bse
Got off work a couple of hours today and my son is spending the night with his parents and my fiancee works until late - spent the first hour of my free time standing in front of my blu-ray shelf trying to decide what to watch. I have so many windows that it is hard to keep the sun out and a lot of the movies I want to watch in the proper setting, pitch black. Hopefully I can knock off 3-4 of my unopened blu-rays tonight - for me the end number doesn't matter, I just want to watch what I've been stocking up on for a few months, easier to justify the daily packages I get.
?
Old 10-14-15, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Chad

Nice set. I have the two disc set of 1 and 2, as well as a four movie set of 3-6.

Also, feeling better now, so just doing a flat out horror marathon tonight.
Old 10-14-15, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

FYI. Shoutfactorytv will be livestreaming a Gamera marathon this Saturday, 10/17, from 8 am to midnight ET. Kaiju box on the checklist, ticked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BCoENch3Kgc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-14-15, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For the first movie in my horror marathon, I watched a first time view, Frankenstein's Army, on Showtime On Demand. I thought it was okay. The creatures were decent, but found footage has been done to death. If it had been done as a regular movie, my opinion might have raised some.
Old 10-14-15, 06:02 PM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

What's everyone watching for today's Police Station theme?

I already watched the subset (Nightbreed). I'm planning on Deliver Us From Evil (2014) and Let Us Prey (2014). I own them both at Vudu, but haven't seen either one yet. I also might try to catch Jeepers Creepers or Friday the 13th: Part 6 before I fall asleep.
Old 10-14-15, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
What's everyone watching for today's Police Station theme?

I already watched the subset (Nightbreed). I'm planning on Deliver Us From Evil (2014) and Let Us Prey (2014). I own them both at Vudu, but haven't seen either one yet. I also might try to catch Jeepers Creepers or Friday the 13th: Part 6 before I fall asleep.
So far I've watched Phantoms. It's not altogether awful, but it could be so much better. Affleck is miscast as the sheriff, and you have to wonder how they got Peter O'Toole to play a supporting role in this B-movie.

I'm debating watching Night of the Creeps or saving it for the Schools Out ...Forever night on the 19th.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.