DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Now & Again (1999) Finally Coming to DVD (?) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/618931-now-again-1999-finally-coming-dvd.html)

Shannon Nutt 03-21-14 12:47 PM

Now & Again (1999) Finally Coming to DVD (?)

Amazon is now taking preorders for the complete series on DVD, although no official announcement has been made yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uct_refresh_T1

For those who have never seen the series, it was a great little sci-fi show (kind of like THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN) from the creator of MOONLIGHTING. It starred Eric Close, Dennis Haysbert, and Margaret Colin.

I actually own a pilot script signed by the entire cast. :)

http://epguides.com/NowandAgain/cast.jpg

mrcellophane 03-21-14 01:52 PM

Re: Now & Again (1999) Finally Coming to DVD (?)

Yay! What wonderful news! This is one of the shows I taped off television to watch late at night when my family went to sleep. There is a particular episode with microwaves and a cult that freaked me out quite a bit - enough that I still vividly remember the first scene.

Xiroteus 03-23-14 11:05 AM

Cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!

I still want to know what happens!

davidh777 03-23-14 11:14 AM

I read the thread title quickly and thought they were finally going to release the rest of Once and Again. :lol:

bboisvert 03-24-14 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 12054064)
I read the thread title quickly and thought they were finally going to release the rest of Once and Again. :lol:

I did the same thing. :)

Shannon Nutt 05-27-14 01:32 PM

Official press release (no box art yet):

You Only Live Twice. NOW AND AGAIN: The Complete Series is available for the first time on DVD! Starring Eric Close, Margaret Colin, Heather Matarazzo, and Dennis Haysbert as Dr. Theo Morris, this action-packed 22-episode, 5-disc set is truly an experience not to miss. When insurance salesman and family man Michael Wiseman is killed in a subway accident, the U.S. government preserves his brain and puts it into a new, genetically bio-engineered body that's young, attractive, and can do anything a superhero can do.

But as a top-secret experiment and weapon, the new and improved Michael (Close) can never let his wife Lisa (Colin) or daughter Heather (Matarazzo) know his true identity. With the strict but brilliant Dr. Morris as his mentor, Michael takes on deadly terrorists, corrupt agents, killer bugs, and an extremely dangerous international criminal known as "the Egg Man." Michael can do anything...except stay away from the family that he loves.

Special Features:

- Now And Again: On The Set
- Gimme A Sign: Engineering Now and Again
- In Conversation:Writing Now and Again

DJariya 05-27-14 01:40 PM

Good show

However,

Spoiler:

Ends the season on a cliffhanger
Incomplete story.

I always thought this show got a raw deal. However, if it hadn't gotten cancelled, Dennis Haysbert probably would have never played David Palmer on 24.

Shannon Nutt 05-27-14 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12118635)
Good show

However,

Spoiler:

Ends the season on a cliffhanger
Incomplete story.

I always thought this show got a raw deal. However, if it hadn't gotten cancelled, Dennis Haysbert probably would have never played David Palmer on 24.

Yep, I know this...but so did a lot of good series.

Shannon Nutt 05-28-14 01:17 PM

Box art:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/new...DVDEdition.jpg

Shannon Nutt 07-09-14 07:10 PM

Official press release - the set will include brand new interviews with cast and crew! Price is a little higher than Amazon's listed SRP - I got lucky and prebooked this for $27.99 when they first listed it. :)

You only live twice in the gripping series NOW AND AGAIN. Hailed as "stylish, clever, and unpredictable" (People) and "a joy ride full of surprises" (New York Daily News) upon its broadcast premiere in 1999, the drama stars Eric Close, Dennis Haysbert, Margaret Colin and Heather Matarazzo.

From the creator of Moonlighting and Medium, Glenn Gordon Caron, NOW AND AGAIN: THE DVD COLLECTION arrives August 26 as a five-disc set including all 22 episodes of the series, along with all-new bonus material exclusive to the collection from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution. Special to this release are several must-see, in-depth featurettes that delve into the making of the critically acclaimed series. A special highlight is the four-part documentary, "Gimme A Sign: Engineering Now And Again," which features newly filmed interviews with the cast members including Eric Close, Dennis Haysbert, Margaret Colin, Gerrit Graham, Heather Matarazzo, Chad Lowe, along with Glenn Gordon Caron, director and executive producer Ronald L. Schwary, and writers René Echevarria, and Michael Angeli.

Plus, "Now And Again: On The Set" takes fans on location with behind-the-scenes looks at the making of the series, including interviews and footage filmed during its production. Also, "In Conversation: Writing Now And Again" includes fascinating interviews with the series creator Glenn Gordon Caron and members of the show's writing staff as they discuss the process of crafting the series-long story arc, and share details on some of the ideas that were in development had the show been picked up for a second season.

Insurance salesman and family man Michael Wiseman is tragically killed in a subway accident, leaving behind his wife (Colin) and daughter (Matarazzo). Little do they know that the U.S. government, with the help of Dr. Theo Morris (Haysbert), preserved his brain and inserted it into a new, genetically bio-engineered body (Close) to use as a top-secret weapon. Artificially created for physical perfection and superhero strength and agility, the new and improved Michael - with Morris as his mentor - takes on deadly terrorists, corrupt agents, killer bugs, and an extremely dangerous international criminal known as "the Egg Man." However, Michael can never let his wife and daughter know his true identity, and is forced to watch from the shadows as they grieve for the man he used to be.

NOW AND AGAIN: THE DVD COLLECTION will be available in 4x3 Full Screen with English Stereo audio and English SDH subtitles. It will be available for the suggested retail price of $42.99 U.S. and $47.99 CAN. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:
Origins
On The Town
Over Easy
One for the Money
The Insurance Man Always Rings Twice
Special Feature:
Now and Again: On The Set

Disc Two:
Nothing to fear But Nothing to Fear
A Girl's Life
Pulp Turkey