Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Mill Creek Reissuing Married with Children, Charlie's Angels, Good Times + Others

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mill Creek Reissuing Married with Children, Charlie's Angels, Good Times + Others

Old 11-08-13, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TVShowsOnDVD is reporting Mill Creek is reissuing a number of titles, the biggest of which is Married with Children which now has the original music restored.

Also, as they've excluded them in prior releases, some titles will now include closed captioning.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Married...-1-and-2/19163

Shows include:
Bewitched
Charlie's Angels
The Cosby Show
Dilbert
Just Shoot Me
Married... with Children

I never bought MWC because of the edits. Wasn't the theme song released on the first season inititally and then subsequent released had it replaced?

Good news though.
Old 11-10-13, 06:14 PM
Banned

Re: Mill Creek Reissuing Married with Children, Charlie's Angels, Good Times + Others

Still will never touch another Mill Creek Product again UNLESS I see a GLOWING review of the transfers!!!
Old 11-10-13, 07:37 PM

Re: Mill Creek Reissuing Married with Children, Charlie's Angels, Good Times + Others

So we may get season 6 and 7 of Mad About You? And affordable version of Party of Five 5-7?

I'll pick up those Wings sets for cheap. Been wanting to own those for awhile.
Old 11-11-13, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll believe the theme song to MWC will be restored when I see it. The first two seasons had the song, and that is what Mill Creek will be releasing right now, so of course they are saying "Our releases have it!"

Too bad about the compression, if the later seasons have the song, I would upgrade.
Old 11-13-13, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Might go for 1 Season of Just Shoot Me if the price is right.
Old 11-18-13, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also don't seasons 5 & 6 of MWC have 'syndication' edits for some episodes?
Old 11-18-13, 01:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by smurr05 View Post
Still will never touch another Mill Creek Product again UNLESS I see a GLOWING review of the transfers!!!
All the Mill Creek stuff I've seen aside from, maybe, the 1955 series Adventures Of Robin Hood, has been just fine. Not extremely bad, like you'd expect with all those episodes/movies being crammed onto one disc. Most of it, that I've seen at least, is almost as good as the big company produced stuff.
Old 11-19-13, 12:28 PM

I don't own any of the seasons of MWC, so the Mill Creek sets are a good way to go as they cost less.
Old 11-20-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, it would be great if Mill Creek could put out the remaining seasons of Mad About You. That alone would be a win to me. But I would be in for a complete release of Just Shoot Me, too.

The concern (as others have noted) is the ridiculous amount of data they stuff onto one single-layer disk. I have a few of their B&W shows, and they seem to be fine enough. But I'm skeptical that more recent color shows aren't going to look pretty bad with 12 or so episodes on one disk.
Old 12-20-13, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend View Post
Yeah, it would be great if Mill Creek could put out the remaining seasons of Mad About You. That alone would be a win to me. But I would be in for a complete release of Just Shoot Me, too.

The concern (as others have noted) is the ridiculous amount of data they stuff onto one single-layer disk. I have a few of their B&W shows, and they seem to be fine enough. But I'm skeptical that more recent color shows aren't going to look pretty bad with 12 or so episodes on one disk.
i have a 'best of roseanne' dvd that has 10 episodes on 1 disc, it looked fine to me. ive seen worse, and episodes do look better than they do when they air on tv land
Old 12-20-13, 03:33 AM
Banned

I caved and picked up the "Wanted Dead or Alive" set from them after reading a review and was happy with the transfers on this one. Great price as well as is with most of what Mill Creek puts out and well packaged.
Old 12-20-13, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Considering that I paid less than $30 for my Married with Children complete series set, I'm happy with it, flaws and all. You pay for convenience with Mill Creek, and there's an unspoken understanding that you won't be getting the best possible picture quality or fancy packaging or the licensed theme song on every season. And it's not like they look unwatchably bad; sitting ten feet away from my 46-inch HDTV, the show looks fine to me. It looks good enough that I can clearly see the matte painting of the houses that are supposed to be across the street whenever someone opens the front door.

The worst part is the packaging. Mill Creek usually puts their discs in paper sleeves and piles those on top of each other, which a lot of people complain about but I don't mind... but this set just stacks the discs on top of each other with no sleeves, they're just piled on a spindle. Getting to Disc 2 or 3 isn't too bad, but getting to Disc 11 is a nightmare. So first I took them out and put them in some paper CD sleeves I had, and then they went into the big CD wallets with the rest of my collection when I made that switch.
Old 05-07-14, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

FYE has season 3 & 4 of MWC out. Anyone can confirm that they are the uncut episodes (sometimes Sony used the syndication edit for select episodes)
Old 05-23-14, 08:24 PM
Political Exile

I just bought seasons 1 and 2 of the Cosby Show. Here are the run times for the first 5 episodes from season 1:

23:38

24:10

23:37

24:39

23:38

So it seems that these are uncut.

The set has 4 single sided DVDs stacked on top of each other. I replaced the case with a 4 DVD case that has the two flappy page thingees, which are sold in bulk at amazon.

Consideringing there are 12 episodes on the first disc, which totals slightly under 5 hours, picture quality is fine on my 32 inch TV. It's not great, but it is exactly what I would expect from an 80s sitcom that was shot on videotape.
Old 05-25-14, 05:49 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
FYE has season 3 & 4 of MWC out. Anyone can confirm that they are the uncut episodes (sometimes Sony used the syndication edit for select episodes)
I checked out it's a bundyful life part 2 and it is the uncut version.
Old 05-25-14, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^was the music still replaced when Marcy sits on the copier?
Old 05-26-14, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sweet! I'm getting The Cosby Show, Good Times (Dynomite ) and maybe Married with Children.

I hopefully Mill Creek add The Jeffersons and Sanford and Son too.