Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 9th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

100 Movies. 31 Days. The 9th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) Pt 2

Old 10-14-13, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 9th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by rbrown498 View Post
My vote would be no, since no one in the film is in any danger of being decapitated. Cut in half, yes; decapitated, no.
Feared as much... I was sure I remembered something like that happening, but obviously not. Oh well, 6 Shes and a He had a random severed head in the middle of the bathing and dancing. What a weird film. Twenty minutes of bathing, dancing, dancing-bathing... and then suddenly a horrendously graphic disembowlment and beheading! Weird...
Old 10-15-13, 04:10 AM

Re: 100 Movies. 31 Days. The 9th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (Oct 1-31) P

Originally Posted by mightysparks View Post
I also need to get to Hellraiser at some point as I've only seen the first 2 (despite being warned off the later ones, I'm a completionist),
For what it's worth, I like all of the Hellraiser sequels, except for part 4 (look, Pinhead in space!) and the newest one "Revelations" which doesn't reveal anything except the lack of talent the filmmakers had. But of the other sequels, I really especially liked parts 5 (Hellseeker) and 7 (Deader).
Old 10-15-13, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's going to be a bad week for me i'm afraid. Working straight on through til Monday. Might be able to get in one movie a day until then. But my list is going to be rather short for the week, sorry to say. Might be able to get in two now and then but nothing more than that for sure.
Old 10-15-13, 05:59 PM

I really liked "Hollow" (which is streaming on Netflix). Depressing, but good. I had to follow it up with a comedy though since it put me in a mood.
Old 10-15-13, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Continue discussion in PART 3!
Old 10-20-13, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Groupon has a deal on some Scream Factory sets...

Vincent Price Collection, $39.99 (+tax):
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-the-...on-blu-ray-set
Amityville Horror Collection, $34.99 (+tax):
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-amit...ogy-on-blu-ray
Thanks, Undeadcow. Most likely would have missed this deal but for your post, ordered both. Vincent Price is an upgrade, never saw any of the Amityville movies.