Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset DVD reissue Lionsgate 10/08/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset DVD reissue Lionsgate 10/08/13

Does anyone know if this set will use the remastered transfers that Optimum Home Entertainment released in the U.K. a few years ago, or will these just be the old A&E discs repackaged?

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ave...-Megaset/18758

The packaging description and the budget price makes me think it's just the old A&E discs crammed into a "Mill Creek" type box.

God, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-19-13, 07:41 PM

Re: The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset DVD reissue Lionsgate 10/08/13

The Avengers - Diana Rigg in 'The Complete Emma Peel Megaset' Returns to DVD!

All 51 episodes starring Dame Diana are back on DVD this October
Posted by David Lambert
7/24/2013

British TV's most famous crime-fighting duo, THE AVENGERS, comes out in a massive 16-Disc Megaset. Fans can get 51 episodes at an amazing low price, and enjoy every Emma Peel episode ever released! The original British TV cult classic is back with an all-new look! Starring Diana Rigg as Emma Peel and Patrick Macnee as her engaging partner John Steed. Fans will rejoice in watching the infamous crime-fighting duo, The Avengers, who have influenced generations of stars in 51 episodes, on16 DVD discs. Enjoy every Emma episode ever in this ultimate collector's edition!Before she famously became the only woman to ever marry James "007" Bond in 1969's On Her Majesty's Secret Service, she was "Emma Peel" for 3 series (seasons) in the legendary U.K. program The Avengers. Now Dame Diana Rigg has come back into the spotlight with a recurring role as "Lady Olenna Tyrell" in Game of Thrones, as well as a guest role as "Mrs. Gillyflower" in the 2013 Doctor Who episode, "The Crimson Horror" (note that her character's daughter, "Ada," is Rigg's real-life daughter Rachael Stirling). So what better time than now to re-introduced Emma Peel to DVD?

In early 2006, A&E Home Video released The Avengers - Emma Peel Collector's Edition on DVD, a 51-episode collection with all of Rigg's appearances in the show. It came on 16 discs, plus a bonus 17th disc featuring three previously "lost" episodes from the pre-Rigg era of the program. That item originally went for $179.95 SRP when it first came out, and was later reduced in cost to a $99.95 list price. However, it's been out of print for a long time now, and "new"-condition copies can often go for HUNDREDS of dollars more than the original list price!

Today, A&E and their current distributor Lionsgate Entertainment informed retailers that on October 8th they will re-release these 51 episodes on DVD with The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset. You'll get all 3 seasons with Diana Rigg as "Emma Peel" - 51 episodes - on 16 discs for just $49.98 SRP. The DVDs will come packaged in one big plastic case this time (the previous set used a whole slew of plastic cases, in volumes which were also sold separately, that slid into a cardboard box slipcase), with brand-new artwork featuring Steed (Patrick Macnee) and Peel on the cover. It looks fantastic; check it out!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ave...#ixzz2fOBQcqlU
Old 09-19-13, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: The Avengers - The Complete Emma Peel Megaset DVD reissue Lionsgate 10/08/13

If only this was a remastered blu-ray release.
Old 09-20-13, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Damfino
I'd gladly settle for remastered DVDs.

That U.K. set looks amazing and has tons of bonus features. I've been tempted to buy it, but I've read so many complaints about the poor packaging and scratched discs.
Old 09-20-13, 03:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be in for this set!
Old 09-20-13, 03:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I'd gladly settle for remastered DVDs.

That U.K. set looks amazing and has tons of bonus features. I've been tempted to buy it, but I've read so many complaints about the poor packaging and scratched discs.
Not the 50th anniversary set Eh??? This set will run you about $200.00 shipped from the UK but has all complete seven seasons with bonus discs! Did not want to spend that much on it though and really wanted the "Peel" episodes anyway-
Old 09-20-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Damfino
The Emma Peel Black Leather Blu-ray set?

I still have an old Costco Emma Peel dinosaur, plus multiple other combinations of sets.

"They told me Mrs. Peel was in Ladies Underwear. I rattled up the stairs two at a time." --John Steed