DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"Boy Meets World" Collection - 11/5/13

Old 09-15-13, 03:41 PM
Banned

"Boy Meets World" Collection - 11/5/13

SOURCE

AMAZON LINK

Similar to their package for Saved by the Bell, Lionsgate is also releasing a 22-disc, complete-series boxed set of this on November 5th. The pre-order price is notably higher, but I'm hoping it will drop by release day.

Jump back in time with Cory (Ben Savage), Shawn (Rider Strong) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel) in America's beloved coming-of-age 1990s sitcom when Boy Meets World: The Complete Collection arrives on DVD November 5 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Just in time for the new Disney Channel sitcom, "Girl Meets World," also starring Savage and Fishel, catch up on the memorable series that touched our lives almost 20 years ago. For the first time as a complete collection, the set contains all seven seasons and all previously released bonus material plus newly created featurettes which include brand new interviews with the cast. The Boy Meets World: The Complete Collection DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $99.98.

Cory (Savage) is your average guy. He has a best friend named Shawn (Strong) from the other side of the tracks, a teacher that constantly keeps him on his toes and a friend named Topanga (Fishel) whom he has trouble understanding. With the support of his parents and his brother Eric (Will Friedle), Cory learns to cope with the roller coaster called growing up. Join Cory and the gang as they weather the ups and downs of junior high, high school, college and the scary transition into adulthood.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES (subject to change)

"Boy Meets World: Back to the Beginning" featurette - Cast (Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel, Rider Strong and more!) and creators (Michael Jacobs/April Kelly) discuss some of the memorable leading characters that appeared during the show's seven season run.

"Boy Meets...World Fandom" featurette - Through interviews and episode footage we explore fan favorite moments, characters and lines.

Year of Production:1993-2000
Title Copyright: ABC Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Type: TV on DVD
Rating: Not Rated
Genre:Comedy; Drama; Family
Closed Captioned: English
Feature Run Time: 3,706 minutes
DVD Format:4x3 Full Screen (1.33:1)
DVD Audio Status: 2.0 Dolby Digital

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 09-15-13 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-15-13, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: "Boy Meets World" Collection - 11/5/13

I guess it would be great for anyone who never bought the season sets, but I doubt there will be any new extras. No reason to buy.
Old 09-15-13, 04:15 PM
Banned

Updated with full text from press release; new extras will be included.
Old 09-15-13, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It makes sense for it to come out and new extras because of the Girl Meets World show. But that needs to drop in half. No way am I dropping that much on those DVDs, not even blu-rays, not much in extras, and a shitty packaging.
Old 09-15-13, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jacob_b View Post
It makes sense for it to come out and new extras because of the Girl Meets World show. But that needs to drop in half. No way am I dropping that much on those DVDs, not even blu-rays, not much in extras, and a shitty packaging.
All we've seen of the package so far is the outside of the box, and at 22 discs, that price averages out to about $3.86 each. We also don't have the full extras list yet.
Old 09-16-13, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
All we've seen of the package so far is the outside of the box, and at 22 discs, that price averages out to about $3.86 each. We also don't have the full extras list yet.
It's a TV show that has been on syndication for years and years. Not even remastered to blu-ray. You also got to remember that this series BOMBED in DVD sales and it's why it took years for future seasons to get released and they hardly had any special features. I think once they started releasing the older seasons, they stopped doing special features. For this price, I would want commentary from the stars (which I think is going to be highly unlikely) and a good disc of bonus features, especially clearing up all those horrible story errors like why they basically wrote out Turner after the accident (then he gets mentioned at the graduation), Shawn's family, Cory and Topenga's love story which was changed dozens of times, Topenga's parents, etc. I'd love to hear commentaries on those episodes.
Old 09-16-13, 04:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jacob_b View Post
It's a TV show that has been on syndication for years and years. Not even remastered to blu-ray.
I'd like it in HD too, but like anything else, that depends on how the series was originally filmed, and what condition those elements are in. TV shows probably weren't filmed in anything above 480p until at least 2000, which was the year "Boy Meets World" ended.

You also got to remember that this series BOMBED in DVD sales and it's why it took years for future seasons to get released and they hardly had any special features.
That's sad, because it was a huge hit in its original airing. I was shocked to read that 5 years passed between the DVD releases of Seasons 3 & 4. Where did you read it was due to sale numbers, though? There could've been corporate "red tape" between ABC and Disney at the time.
Old 09-16-13, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4 View Post
I'd like it in HD too, but like anything else, that depends on how the series was originally filmed, and what condition those elements are in. TV shows probably weren't filmed in anything above 480p until at least 2000, which was the year "Boy Meets World" ended.

That's sad, because it was a huge hit in its original airing. I was shocked to read that 5 years passed between the DVD releases of Seasons 3 & 4. Where did you read it was due to sale numbers, though? There could've been corporate "red tape" between ABC and Disney at the time.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Boy-Meets-World/5868

Season 3 was the one that dropped badly and plans were canceled to do Season 4 until Liongate took over.
Old 09-20-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As much as I loved this series, I already have all of the seasons and I'm not willing to double dip even with "new" extras.